It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Disclosure & recent NSA revelations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I subscribe to several conspiracy theories, including a massive government cover-up on the UFO reality, and of long-term alien visitation, and possibly collaboration with our government since at least 1947. We have many whistleblowers who have come forward to indicate these theories are true and correct, yet they mostly get laughed at by the media and society.

I started wondering how Snowden's NSA allegations might impact eventually disclosure of the UFO/ Alien reality, and these a few of my thoughts.

1. People are now more open to the idea that the government keeps secrets from us, and lies about what they do when confronted. These "conspiracy theories" about government data spyin on ordinary "non-terrorist" threats, for reasons political or otherwise, have been out there for a long time. This former CT has been confirmed which will make people more open to other ideas, especially in regard to government secrecy. We are on the fringes of a "revolution" brewing and I see the public becoming much less trusting, and much more curious.

2. How will history treat Snowden? Will he be seen as a hero, or for breaking his promises to the US government. How will China react and use Snowden's information to their advantage, and how will the US government spin that? In other words, the public reaction to Snowden will help either to encourage or dissuade others from coming forward, perhaps with the firm UFO/Alien proof that many require to understand and believe this reality.

3. How will the media react to this story? Will then get curious, and finally create a "cosmic watergate", or will they ignore it and/or help spin it for the government, caught with their pants down? The media reaction is extremely important, and will impact 1 and 2 above, in a big way.

4. Will leaders in the senate, congress, or even the White House step forward and publicly demand answers? If driven by the people, and fueled by the media, these leaders will step forward. Eventually.

Overall, I think this Snowden NSA disclosure could lead to much more information from government whistleblowers. Maybe finally that one document that proves the UFO/Alien reality, even for die-hard skeptics.

Once we reach a point where more than 50 percent believe in the cover-up then I think disclosure is imminent. We are probably at only 20 percent currently.

Thoughts?
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Several errors fixed (I am sure that there are many others)

edit on 10-6-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: One more fix

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think your stats are low...id say the figure is 50 /50 by now maybe higher for believers.....
The whistleblowing is setting the attitudes of the masses alright.....
Nobody really trust big ov any more.....even the ones who pay for it.....
I see the stage being set much like just before the French Revolution......
I dont compare Alex jones to Robespierre, but you get the idea....
It has to break sometime soon......

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

...at this point, most Americans wouldn't freak out if full disclosure came tomorrow...

...in my opinion, the majority of people I know would simply be relieved, and say, "see!?!? I knew it!!!"

I know I would.

And then the world would not change for anyone. I'd still go to work, kids would still go to school, etc.

S&F for an interesting thread! =)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I started wondering how Snowden's NSA allegations might impact eventually disclosure of the UFO/ Alien reality no these a few of my thoughts.

About as much as Bradley Manning's did , not at all .

We are on the fringes of a "revolution" brewing and I see the public becoming much less trusting, and much more curious.

The peoples in west don't have the appetite or the reasons for an Arab spring style uprising .
Whilst some of us are angry and want change the majority remain apathetic .

In other words, the public reaction to Snowden will help either to encourage or dissuade others from coming forward, perhaps with the firm UFO/Alien proof that many require to understand and believe this reality.

Its a nice thought but I just don't see it , if there are UFO and Alien secrets they are way out of the reach of potential whistle blowers .

Will leaders in the senate, congress, or event the White House step forward and publicly demand answers?

Probably not , they will stay well within their comfort zones and remain quite just as they have for the other calls for disclosure over the decades .

For my part, he is a hero for bringing the NSA information to our attention.

I agree , It takes a brave man to go up against the NSA or any state security agency ...I wish him luck

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The internet is the wild card in human history as to knowledge dissemination, no doubt about it. But with it also comes a kazillion more ways to be distracted and everyone is going to go off in their own directions.

Like discussions of 9-11 and how the towers fell, most will stand firmly on what they first thought or were told to think and rarely consider the topic again and even fewer will do the immense amount of mental work necessary to truly investigate the subject.

I don't think true disclosure will occur until something physical happens in a public place that is unable to be quickly hidden from view. This would require an actual landed or crashed vehicle in downtown Manhattan or its equivalent and even then you'd probably have the media and the govt telling you, you didn't see what you saw.

There seems to be a lot of reasons for the full extent of the anomalies to not be discussed out in the open, but we're not privy to the reasons, either. Maybe it's for the same reasons that we don't tell cows about slaughterhouses. Or why there's a church on every corner instead of a library. Or why our lives seem to be designed around group think, busy work and slave labor in order to pay bills in order to buy stuff that needs more work and distractions to pay for, etc... or why we're continually told how 'free' we are and no one mentions the millions of laws that can be invoked at any time to arrest you, put you in jail or have you killed by remote control at any time.

In any event (yeah, I'm babbling) a society that isn't based on truth telling and a mature discussion of evidence-based fact and instead focuses on imaginary sky friends and a consumerist mentality is doomed. We're way too far down the wrong fork in the road now to turn back. I can't imagine it happening in my lifetime, that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
The internet is the wild card in human history as to knowledge dissemination, no doubt about it. But with it also comes a kazillion more ways to be distracted and everyone is going to go off in their own directions.

Like discussions of 9-11 and how the towers fell, most will stand firmly on what they first thought or were told to think and rarely consider the topic again and even fewer will do the immense amount of mental work necessary to truly investigate the subject.

I don't think true disclosure will occur until something physical happens in a public place that is unable to be quickly hidden from view. This would require an actual landed or crashed vehicle in downtown Manhattan or its equivalent and even then you'd probably have the media and the govt telling you, you didn't see what you saw.

There seems to be a lot of reasons for the full extent of the anomalies to not be discussed out in the open, but we're not privy to the reasons, either. Maybe it's for the same reasons that we don't tell cows about slaughterhouses. Or why there's a church on every corner instead of a library. Or why our lives seem to be designed around group think, busy work and slave labor in order to pay bills in order to buy stuff that needs more work and distractions to pay for, etc... or why we're continually told how 'free' we are and no one mentions the millions of laws that can be invoked at any time to arrest you, put you in jail or have you killed by remote control at any time.

In any event (yeah, I'm babbling) a society that isn't based on truth telling and a mature discussion of evidence-based fact and instead focuses on imaginary sky friends and a consumerist mentality is doomed. We're way too far down the wrong fork in the road now to turn back. I can't imagine it happening in my lifetime, that's for sure.

A well-thought out, nicely written response. Also a very dim view on disclosure, and I just hope that you are wrong.

Speaking of the Internet, I think that is key. Yes, we all get caught in the many distractions of family, sports and survival, but I disagree on the disclosure odds.

I talk to a lot of people on the subject, and most just are not currently conditioned to even comprehend this reality. But, imagine that one defining moment. It does NOT have to a White House lawn landing (although that would be really cool!). It could be that one document, and whistleblower, confirming the existence of an alien piece part, a generaton ago saucer crash, or even alien captive.

The existence of the Internet, social media and others, will ensue that a verified document and whistleblower would be disseminated worldwide, virtually instantaneously. Something so earth-shattering, or at least reality-shattering to many, would have an immediate and global impact, with the Internet.

Those that couldn't comprehend this previously, would be converted in droves. If 80% are convinced of something, then change is inevitable. Just like with pot legislation, gay marriage, or any other race issue that has, or has become a serious movement, the UFO coverup could take on a much more serious tone.

I will wager a friendly bet. I am 51. Not sure of your age. I will bet we see disclosure in my lifetime. I see it potentially being accelerated, and happening within the next 3-5 years.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Added a bit on why the internet is a key part of upcoming disclosure.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Are we really ready though ?
You and I may be
A Muslim educated in the west that returned home in the early 2000's told his village that man had walked on the moon .......they beheaded him
How will fundamentalist Christians react ?

A person is smart .......people tend to be stupid

And something to ponder ........something I've thought about often......a what if

What if the US gov was in contact with an alien intelligence. But that intelligence did not want its existence known until the earth was united under a single government in a type one civilisation......what if all these conflicts, expansions and control are to allow this NWO in order for us to have contact.
Even if only 10% of the earths population went bat s*** crazy over it....that's a whole lotta people

The way things are going I personally believe its going to take disclosure for us to unite under one banner as one people

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
You and I may be
A Muslim educated in the west that returned home in the early 2000's told his village that man had walked on the moon .......they beheaded him

And something to ponder ........something I've thought about often......a what if

What if the US gov was in contact with an alien intelligence. But that intelligence did not want its existence known until the earth was united under a single government in a type one civilisation......what if all these conflicts, expansions and control are to allow this NWO in order for us to have contact.
Even if only 10% of the earths population went bat s*** crazy over it....that's a whole lotta people

The way things are going I personally believe its going to take disclosure for us to unite under one banner as one people

Great point! Ronald Reagan famously pondered this question, how would the people the world react if we were threatened by an alien presence and isn't this presence already among us?

How wold the world react if the alien race is non-threatening, and has the ability to take us into the thirty-first century (or perhaps millions of years of physics and technology knowledge) technologically speaking? Maybe the spiritual, and life after life answers are there too. I am ready for the transformation of our current perspective.

I am hoping it is sooner, rather than later.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Considering the psychopaths we have in charge at the moment i would take Aliens as our leaders and forefathers in a heartbeat....

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I agree. We're 1 step away from a totalitarian police state..

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Considering the psychopaths we have in charge at the moment i would take Aliens as our leaders and forefathers in a heartbeat....

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
You and I may be

While I agree that disclosure,whether SETI related
or true in person contact will happen
in my lifetime, you are so right.

People still aren't ready to handle different religions
or even a minority living next door, let alone ET's.

There's going to be a major learning curve.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I'm not entirely convinced he is a real whisleblower at all. One possibility is that this is part of a controlled disclosure operation due to the fact that the current establishment is acting in a self destructive manner. If this includes aliens it could be part of an effort to prevent high profile discussion about a lot of it before they think it serves their purposes.

As for are we ready? I think that might be part of the question but they also seem to be manipulating and indoctrinating many people for their own purposes so what ever they are trying to do they don't seem to be done and they may not want disclosure before they are.

Furthermore I think it's possible that ECHELON now called "Prism" might involve the use of alien technology although the information that has been released on this almost certainly includes disinformation. I hope it is controlled disclosure but they can't be trusted to do it on their own and everything has to be fact checked if they do. I went into this more in Is Prism ECHELON by another name? with Roswell technology?, It's good to see that others seem to be coming up with similar ideas.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EzekielsWheel

...at this point, most Americans wouldn't freak out if full disclosure came tomorrow...

...in my opinion, the majority of people I know would simply be relieved, and say, "see!?!? I knew it!!!"

I know I would.

And then the world would not change for anyone. I'd still go to work, kids would still go to school, etc.

S&F for an interesting thread! =)

Well we would carry on but I think that there would be a few days where the world would stop normal activity as it absorbs the paradigm shift and new realities. Not just that what about all those First Contact parties. I'd be cracking open a bottle of champagne and ask for a day off work to recover from the party!!

I think the time has come when it is no longer of case of if the world is ready. There will always be those who are ignorant and choose to put their head in the sand. Quite frankly I am tired of being held back by such backward thinking. Sometimes you have to go forward for the greater good. Earth needs to in all honesty. The alternative is just too bleak to contemplate.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I started wondering how Snowden's NSA allegations might impact eventually disclosure of the UFO/ Alien reality no these a few of my thoughts.

About as much as Bradley Manning's did , not at all .

We are on the fringes of a "revolution" brewing and I see the public becoming much less trusting, and much more curious.

The peoples in west don't have the appetite or the reasons for an Arab spring style uprising .
Whilst some of us are angry and want change the majority remain apathetic .

In other words, the public reaction to Snowden will help either to encourage or dissuade others from coming forward, perhaps with the firm UFO/Alien proof that many require to understand and believe this reality.

Its a nice thought but I just don't see it , if there are UFO and Alien secrets they are way out of the reach of potential whistle blowers .

Will leaders in the senate, congress, or event the White House step forward and publicly demand answers?

Probably not , they will stay well within their comfort zones and remain quite just as they have for the other calls for disclosure over the decades .

For my part, he is a hero for bringing the NSA information to our attention.

I agree , It takes a brave man to go up against the NSA or any state security agency ...I wish him luck

I agree pretty much with what you're saying but I still think that the more the merrier makes it more interesting against the government, until ground is given then more whistle blowers will come forward (perhaps even with more information).

Great minds think alike OP

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join