It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Phone Records Part of ‘Balancing Act’ To Counter Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Is it unconstitutional? They did get the proper court orders. So, it is legal. Its not right..definitely not defending this..it should be seen by our reps as a problem that needs to be addressed verses ignored due to it technically being legal. The spirit of our liberties was never meant for Big Bro to be able to do this. But is it actually unconstitutional given it did go through courts to begin with?

yes, it is unconstitutional. the patriot act is unconstitutional. most statutes are unconstitutional.

but if you're wanting specifics, in order to take this information without it being unconstitutional, one needs (not a warrant per se) probable cause.

you see, they're taking all this personal data in an attempt to find "terrorists", but probable cause doesn't work like that. one must have a reasonable suspicion and specify specific suspects based on the aformentioned suspicion. they're just collecting data on everyone, and it isn't for fighting terrorism. we're funding and arming al qaeda in syria so that the people can have a just, democratic government, while at the same time blaming al qaeda for the threat of terrorism in the u.s.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
You haven't seen the picture of him posing with the terrorist in Syria?

Ahhh okay ... I thought you were going in a different direction with your statement.
McCain poses for pictures with terrorists in Syria .. and with democrats and republicans in DC.
BOTH groups are working against the good of Americans.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I know this is going to get me flamed but i can see why they need to have access to phone records

You are entitled to your opinion, so no worries about 'getting flamed'.

I can see why they need to have access to CERTAIN phone and email records. But not ALL Americans records. 270 million Americans plus all the illegals (something like 25 million) and all the other visitors and green card holders, etc etc. We are talking about probably 400 million peoples records. That's insane.

nobody seems to be bothering with the fact that really PRISM is just a small part of something much bigger.

I'm pretty sure that most people here at ATS realize that it is 'just the tip of the iceberg'. Some refuse to allow their brains to see that ... they are the O-bots who are still high on hope-ium. But most people know that what we see is just a small portion of what is really going on.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

McCain = Never To Be Trusted!
Democrats and Republicans in Government...they're all in the same Pot.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It pleases me to see that my fellow americans are stating to wake up and understand that Democrats and Republicans are both ONE IN THE SAME.

There is no difference. Both of these parties have sold the people out.

Your vote does NOT MATTER. And it never did. EVER.

It will be amusing to see who runs to the polls in November, to waste their time engaging in this broken system's illusion of choice!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by FlyersFan

When you have to justify a violation of any Amendment, you've lost the argument before it's begun.

McCain has lost it. Both the argument and the mental capacity to represent Arizona.

McCain hasn't represented Arizona in 20 years. He's a progressive rino who hasn't done a thing for this State.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join