It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you care to donate gum to the troops?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I was in Walgreens today and was asked by the cashier if I wanted to donate gum to the troops. Being hard of hearing I thought I didn't hear right, so I just said no and went on my way. Donating gum just didn't sound right to me. I can see donating coffee, toilet paper, magazines, but gum? I tried to work out in my head what the cashier had really asked, but nothing made sense. So, I googled 'donate gum to the troops' and YUP, that's exactly what the cashier asked me.

Types of Donations to the Troops

Next time I'm in the store I'll certainly donate.

edit on 6/9/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
How about sending them a ticket home.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Donate to an Army that is currently killing innocent people in far off lands with drones against their pistols, sticks and stones as their only defense?

Donate to an army that kills without remorse, Millions of innocent men, women and children? Families that will suffer the aftermath of the great hope of the US with birth defects, crop poisoning, destroyed economies and destruction of what was once actually peaceful to them but not to the Western Warmongers?

And they want some gum?
[snip] them!!!!

I have something they can chew on....

Peace
edit on 8-6-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

And they want some gum?
[snip] them!!!!

Peace

If that's so, then why are you telling us on a forum? Why not go tell the soldiers that? How about the sailors? Navy ships come to port quite often, find a Carrier, that's 5000 people to commence said chewing.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I wonder if its' "Stay Alert" caffeinated gum you would have been donating? There was a study done that concluded the caffeinated gum was a faster way of ingesting caffeine for the troops.

Normally, caffeine is delivered to the body through a pill or beverage and travels through the intestines, where it later is absorbed through the stomach lining. The whole process can take 45 to 90 minutes, Kamimori said. Research showed that with Stay Alert -- which has a 100 milligram dose of caffeine, similar to 6 ounces of brewed coffee -- the stimulant is absorbed through the tissues of the mouth. In five minutes of chewing, 85 percent of the caffeine has already hit. After 10 minutes, it goes up to 99 percent, Kamimori said. "It's absorbed four to five times faster," Kamimori said. "All of the caffeine is now in your body. Caffeine is caffeine, but this works fast." It was enough to get the Army Medical Research and Materiel Command to launch a program to develop and test Stay Alert for use in sustained or continuous military operations where soldiers are unable to get enough sleep.

New chewing gum packs a caffeine kick

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thesickness

And they want some gum?
[snip] them!!!!

Peace

If that's so, then why are you telling us on a forum? Why not go tell the soldiers that? How about the sailors? Navy ships come to port quite often, find a Carrier, that's 5000 people to commence said chewing.

Very simple.

I'm Canadian and can't do it. When it comes time in Canada, I will.

If you're American, it's your job, your Country, Your Army and Your responsibility before anyone else in the World. In essence, it's Your future.

So it remains...Why aren't YOU doing it?

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Everybody was looking for a buck today so I gave it to a stripper...

True story

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Simple, I support my military, with all its flaws. Troops will always serve, be it draft or volunteering, and orders will always be given. Such is the life of a superpower. I put no farce up of knowing how to run a military. While I may not agree with how things go for the places we occupy, I certainly can not run a military, nor decide the best/most humane weapons and actions to use. What I can do, have done, and will continue to do, is support my neighbors, and their husbands,wives,children and whomever stand guard to face all who hate us enough to attempt harming us. Despising people who legitimately joined our forces to protect freedom, for actions of a power hungry government, well, you can't see the forest for the trees.
edit on 01/08/2011 by Thesickness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Donate to an Army that is currently killing innocent people in far off lands with drones against their pistols, sticks and stones as their only defense?

Donate to an army that kills without remorse, Millions of innocent men, women and children? Families that will suffer the aftermath of the great hope of the US with birth defects, crop poisoning, destroyed economies and destruction of what was once actually peaceful to them but not to the Western Warmongers?

And they want some gum?
[snip] them!!!!

Peace

No, don't donate to the army, but to our children (soldiers) sent to a foreign land.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
mindf_ck junction

troops are supposed to hand out chocolates to the kiddies they're invading.. winning the hearts and minds, nyah?

..and here they have you lot giving little treats to the soldiers?

..so the civilians back home are tugging on the heartstrings of the troops?

..how's that work? ..like some kind of emotional blackmail?

..so the masses back at home are the ones with the "real" motivating power, eh?
who woulda thunk it..

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

While I may not agree with how things go for the places we occupy, I certainly can not run a military, nor decide the best/most humane weapons and actions to use.

So in essence you are saying that because it's out of your hands you have nothing to say about it.

Well said.

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

And they want some gum?
[snip] them!!!!

Peace

No, don't donate to the army, but to our children (soldiers) sent to a foreign land.

"Sins of thy Father" comes to mind here.

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Only if I got to chew it first.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I don't see the big good in buying candy or gum and sticking it in a cardboard box at a store thinking it won't melt in the extreme weather over there. Besides, on a closer look it seems the soldiers don't actually eat the candy but use it to give to kids over there like a bribe to be nice and to spark trust.

Which turns the good intentions upside down because our mothers said to never take candy from strangers, so imagine what the war torn kids are thinking. Yes, but is it halal gum? Maybe not, which may be taboo over there anyways and backfire on good intentions.

Then I think what does a soldier have to do to receive the candy or gum? So wouldn't it be more economical to buy the candy wholesale for them than a piece at a time at store prices? Maybe they would enjoy a hot meal instead.

Send them oatmeal and pop tarts. War charity seems weird; can't I just buy a bond or some stamps like they did in previous wars?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I don't see the big good in buying candy or gum
reply to post by Sandalphon

Have to say I feel the same way. I've never been a gum chewer so maybe it's just me. If I couldn't access certain things from home I'd love to be surprised with a jar of Maxwellhouse coffee, some novels, movie dvd's, some naked pics of my gf that I can share with my fri

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I donate to the troops here in England,

Having served my time I know just how good it feels when someone rocks up with some little treat you weren't expecting, kinda makes you think you haven't been forgotten.

People may not agree with war but if it's a part of your job it's nice to think that some people care.

Cody

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
They're trying to destroy the evidence.

Aspartame KILLS.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

And they want some gum?
[snip] them!!!!

Peace

Millions, really?
You focus on the bad, how about all the good our troops have done over there?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Why don't you tell us the good they've done eh? Creating little americas around the globe does little for the host countries natives imo.

The bad side of war usually outweighs the good manyfold. It's business, and business is parasitic and operates regardless of ethics applied to the rest of the civilized world most of the time. Politics comes into it, but politics is also business.

Back on topic...knowing that Aspatrame is a poison and can cause serious health issues, what better way to wittle down those who are the pawns later in life with non war related health problems, funding the big corporate pharma who will end up medicating those who suffer.

If people REALLY want to help, get all troops back on native soil and let the world live without gum chewing gung-ho false heroes destroying this ball of dirt.

A little natural sugar in regular gum is not bad for those who are supposedly very fit and can handle it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Why don't you tell us the good they've done eh? Creating little americas around the globe does little for the host countries natives imo.

The bad side of war usually outweighs the good manyfold. It's business, and business is parasitic and operates regardless of ethics applied to the rest of the civilized world most of the time. Politics comes into it, but politics is also business.

Back on topic...knowing that Aspatrame is a poison and can cause serious health issues, what better way to wittle down those who are the pawns later in life with non war related health problems, funding the big corporate pharma who will end up medicating those who suffer.

If people REALLY want to help, get all troops back on native soil and let the world live without gum chewing gung-ho false heroes destroying this ball of dirt.

A little natural sugar in regular gum is not bad for those who are supposedly very fit and can handle it.

Here you go:

AFGHANISTAN (Army News Service, July 7, 2012) -- The 3rd Zone Afghan Border Police, together with units from Combined Task Force Buffalo, successfully cleared and secured 120 kilometers of rugged terrain and unimproved roadways in Shorabak, Afghanistan, enabling the safe passage for more than 60 trucks filled with humanitarian aid during Operation Buffalo Thunder II, which occurred from June 26 to July 3, 2012. The mission started with the clearance of the extremely rough roadway from Forward Operating Base Spin Boldak to the district center at Shorabak. Soldiers of the 569th Engineer Company and 787th Explosive Ordnance Disposal Company, found and control-detonated four improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, during the operation. "We're moving through a desert with significantly unimproved roads and in most cases, no road at all," said Maj. Gregory Sakimura, operations officer with the 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. "There were less IEDs than we anticipated but there were still several IEDs found." The 3rd Zone Afghan Border Police, or ABP, retained control along the route by manning dozens of permanent checkpoints. These checkpoints not only made the roadway safe for Combined Task Force , or CTF, Buffalo and the 'jingle' trucks loaded with humanitarian aid, but also served to deter Taliban activity in the area. The fleet of trucks, packed with approximately 600 tons of grain, arrived and was unloaded at the district center in Shorabak, between June 30 and July 1.

www.army.mil...

2005-02-16: Chinook crew members from F. Co., 131st Aviation unload humanitarian aid at a village in Zabol Province, Afghanistan. The relief effort, called Operation Bear Claw, comes during the heaviest rain and snowfall the area has seen in seven years. Many villagers are unable to leave their homes and roads and passes are blocked in some places by 20 ft. of snow making movement of goods impossible. Members of 131st Aviation, deployed to Kandahar Air Field for Operation Enduring Freedom, are an integral part of the relief effort. Working in combination with Coalition forces are several Non-governmental Organizations (NGO) and the Afghan government.

2005-02-16: A U.S. Chinook delivers supplies to a snowbound Afghan village in an emergency effort to alleviate suffering caused by heavy snow and rainfall. Many villages are unable to receive goods and trade from outside due to impassable roads and mountain passes. Coalition forces and international charities are working in support of the Afghan government as it makes assessments of village needs

www.militaryphotos.net...

one more for good measure

Of course, haters like YOU will say its propaganda, but the same thing can be said about ANYTHING you post, but you wanted proof, so there is your proof, put it in your pipe and SMOKE THAT

top topics

<<   2 >>

join