It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cup half Empty/Cup Half Full view on E.T's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Howdy Folks.

I felt like starting a thread on the broad topic of positive and negative E.T aspects, and are such view really just personality/racial/specie trait's instead of some vibration or spiritual war-fare going on in some god forsaken dimension. I really believe that the positive and negative myth is obviously stemmed from myth about angels and demons, or were just reflect their personality or vibrations if you will.

Now for most, positive E.t's are the beautiful god like barbie dolls, and won't swat a fly, while negative are viewed as viscous claws, malevolent man-eater that could swallow you up whole, and haunt dreams. Sadly, I think this is a very common misdirected view(as well as religious). For many of us, positive and negative are often associated with good and evil. This is not the case im trying to prove as good and evil are just perspectives of our beliefs. My perspective of positive and negative is much more similar to yin & yang, not good and evil.

For this thread, I'm going to go with the half-empty view, the negatively charged E.t's that would strike fear in the most logical individual. An speaking of logic, I think that's what a negatives beliefs are, or should we say God to them anyways. From my perspective, logic can be extremely boring to the point where it almost machine, like a vulcan from star trek, so wouldn't logic bring on somewhat of plain, or empty void feeling.

Also, couldn't feelings play a role in the eventual evolution or brain chemistry of the species, with different gene being passed on from generation to generation, and just be hereditary ?

So, if one were to get to know(hypothetically speaking), and did somewhat of a vulcan mind meld. What would you feel? It would feel somewhat bland, as if it were mechanical. However, what happens if something aroused him/her emotions? Would you feel something that isn't so bland anymore, once its shows a bit of emotion? And emotions to us humans, could be very radical in a number of ways, that we only have few words to describe it, as well as it being important to our physical health. Also emotions are based off of chemical reaction in the brain, as well as genes, and beings from an other planet/dimension are going to have a completely different structure then us. Also with what genetic manipulation they did to themselves, it could radically change such chemistry, and is possibly the reason as to why they monitor our species, to see what reactions happen chemically, and at some quantum level.

Also a negative view could be very simplified to a few words. " I don't give s**t", while a positive could say "I give a s**t". And to me this say's many things, where one E.t could just say " Im complicated", while another E.t could say "I think we click together" for all we know.

All in all, think of it like fire & lightning.... Both are very destructive in nature and have the same burning effect, but both can give us warmth, and power. Hope you folks enjoyed the read.( and yes, an atheist put a jesus picture up, take screenshot, it lasts longer)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I love the picture of caucasian Jesus.
He looks a bit like a banjo picker.

On the subject of good vs evil, I would like to stress that visiting aliens would tend to be hyper intelligent. Their motives and intentions would most likely fall deaf on our feeble minds.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
God and evil are subjective. Many people we consider evil didn't think they were doing evil at the time.

Also Satan was only labeled evil by god, the same god who would slaughter many innocent people and children himself when he felt like it.

edit on 8-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Surely we'd have to come across one to determine whether to burn it at the stake or not, and as the evidence seems to suggest we yet haven't done so the question is a little moooot....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Bean Optimus Prime?

Is this a new show, Legume Transformers? Phaseolus vulgaris, in disguise?

Indeed *teal'c eyebrow*

I don't really think the aliens will be nice or nasty. More indifferent.

But I can only hope they're all saucy and sultry and hot and albino like the missus from Defiance, those funky honourable dudes that wear funny clothes and don't mind a bit of canoodling on the ol' isle of lesbos.

My luck they'll all be those rag tag misfit lot with the big eyes that prefer a bit of stabbery in the face, to a friendly get together with the hoomans. Or worse, rather odd and rubbery doctors that just can't act. I dunno..

The only way E.T. will want to phone home when he gets here, is to say he's staying for the night and not to leave dinner out. No time for pleasantries, love. Bit of the intergalactic in-out and off to the korova milk bar for a moloko plus. Probably.

Speaking of glasses half full. Sorry about that Lucy..

Bean optimus prime.. That's Mr Bean to you hoomans.

edit on 8-6-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Madrusa

If they were hyper intelligent, then they definitely wouldn't have landed any where near folks in the Dark Ages. If they did, then it wasn't hyper intelligent enough I guess.

edit on 9-6-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

God killed 2,038,344, Satan scored 10 on some death toll on the internet.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yea, those are psycho paths though. They completely lack empathy, and show little concern at all for anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It "be an", not bean. The artist didn't make the spacing big enough so it looks like one word, when really it two. It happen to me the first time I saw it.

Yea, they probably would most likely be indifferent. However, let just say you meet one, and that feeling you getting is quite possibly your own fear. Now you get to know him/her for a little while, and it get a tad angry for some reason, and this feeling is not your own, but it the visitor using a bit of psionic's, hinting to you I'm looking at you like "WTF you doin feeling!?".

What would you think to yourself?

I'd probably crap out my soul for five minutes.

edit on 9-6-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join