It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots of three planes spot silver discs over scientology HQ - show up on radar then disapear

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

"Evidence proving otherwise"
PROVING?
Please elaborate. Insults are, as you say, boring.

ETA: also, I beg you to find where I claimed this to be "alien in nature".
I countered the claim of these being toys. Believe it or not, I treat these reports with skepticism myself. But in this case, I have dismissed the claims of the few skeptics posting here thusfar as a wild stretch. If you would like to rebuke my point, I am all ears.

Otherwise you look like a cheerleader sniping from the sidelines. Way to go you. But I promise you need to bring more to the table when I speak on these matters. It has been a long, long time since I just jumped into a thread shouting "alien space craft."
edit on 8-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

because the sun and the daily mail are the equivalent of the national enquirer or beforeitsnews.com

The DailyMail is a populist-sensationalist rag, but not quite as low as "National Enquirer" or "Beforeitsnews", two sources that just make stuff up out of nothing. DailyMail reports are always based on real events. They are senstionalized and exaggerated, but not made up.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I have dismissed the claims of the few skeptics posting here thusfar as a wild stretch. If you would like to rebuke my point, I am all ears.

I read the newspaper report and then looked for the evidence , I got the report from the airline reporting service where the pilots that witnessed the objects say they're 'man-made' and 'some sort of toy' , I have reached my conclusion on the available evidence .

You have come to your conclusion that they weren't what the pilots described how ?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It is already explained above.
What you have are probably six witnesses. (three flights, two pilots per)
ONE witness says they are man made.

First of all, how does he know this?? Does the silver disk have an enormous sticker on it reading "Definitely Man Made"?
Second of all, the objects were reported to be 100' below the aircraft on approach. I cut the speed of a commercial airliner roughly in half and assumed 300mph. A TOY viewed from that distance, at that speed, is gonna streak by in a blur.
Maybe one pilot spots the toy. But six? No way.

As I said, you are accepting witness testimony only because it suits the conclusion you favor. Even a cursory glance at the report shows an RC Plane to be a silly hypothesis.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Even a cursory glance at the report shows an RC Plane to be a silly hypothesis.

I didn't say it was an RC Plane , I tend to go with the report .

There are saucer-shaped or blimp-shaped model ac, up to 4ft in diameter, on sale to the public

The description sounds like a Mylar blimp .

The controller and pilot reports subsequently indicated that the unknown objects were ‘2 white or silver discs at 1000–1500ft,which appeared to be very slow moving or stationary’

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Still doesn't address my point.
Are you intending to rebuke me?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by gortex

Still doesn't address my point.
Are you intending to rebuke me?

I'm just presenting the evidence and stating my opinion on an internet forum , what you believe is of no consequence to me so no I'm not trying to rebuke you

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Ok. And I question your "evidence".

To me, saying, "there are Mylar balloon blimps ON SALE" does not constitute official reporting.

Kinda like saying, "well, back in '57 there was a case caused by swamp gas. I will go with that."
I would like to hear the one witness reporting it was definitely man made explain how he came to that conclusion.

Reporting them as silver disks seems much more...honest.

ETA: and please don't take me the wrong way. I am not critisizing you at all. I know you do your homework. I am just expressing strong disagreement with your conclusion.

edit on 8-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
For future reference , here is the summary of the Airprox report :

PART A: SUMMARY OF INFORMATION REPORTED TO UKAB

THE B777 PILOT reports inbound to Gatwick, IFR and in communication with Gatwick Tower, squawking an assigned code with Modes S and C. About 4-5nm from touchdown RW26L heading 260° at 140kt and descending through 1500ft QNH, P2 spotted, and then drew his attention to, 2 flat silver discs ahead, 1 either side of the C/L and below their flightpath; these objects appeared to be very slow moving or stationary. All 3 pilots on the flightdeck saw the objects, which passed 100-200ft below; the crews in 2 subsequent ac also saw the objects. They informed ATC of incident and he assessed the risk as low.

RAC MIL reports tracing action did not reveal the identity of the reported objects. Looking at possible sources, there are no registered radio-controlled model flying clubs listed in the area. Maps show many open fields under the RW26 approach where persons could operate remote control ac. There are saucer-shaped or blimp-shaped model ac, up to 4ft in diameter, on sale to the public.

THE GATWICK WATCH MANAGER reports the B777 crew reported seeing 2 man-made objects, possibly toys, passing under their ac approximately 5-6nm on final. Further details from the crew, and from the crew of a following B767, added the objects were 2 white or silver discs at approximately 1000-1500ft. Details of the incident were passed to the local Police Authority and to LTCC Group Supervisor.

ATSI reports that the Airprox was reported by the pilot of a B777 inbound to Gatwick when 2 objects were observed to pass beneath the ac. The report below contains only a factual history of all available information as the identity and origin of the observed objects could not be determined.

The B777 was an IFR flight squawking Mode A 4456 and in receipt of an ACS from Gatwick Tower on 124•255MHz . The Gatwick Tower frequency was reviewed between 0850 and 0904 UTC. RT loading was reasonably constant during this period.

The B777 flight called Tower at 0850:35 passing 3200ft at 11•5nm from touchdown and was instructed to continue approach.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Figure 1 is taken from the Gatwick 10cm radar replay at 0852:16 when a primary position indication symbol appeared on the outskirts of East Grinstead in the B777’s 11 o’clock range 3·4nm. The return disappeared on the next update of the replay.

Figure 1: Gatwick 10cm: 0852:16 UTC

At 0853:02 the Gatwick 10cm replay showed the B777 at 6·4nm from touchdown, passing 2200ft and at this time another primary position indication symbol appears 0·1nm behind the B772 (Figure 2). The unknown target disappeared on the next update of the replay.

Figure 2: Gatwick 10cm: 0853:03 UTC

The B777 passed 6nm from touchdown at 0853:12 as it descended through 2100ft. The B777 passed 5nm from touchdown at 0853:43 as it descended through 1800ft.

The next ac inbound to RW26L, a B767 flight (Mode A 3243) called Tower at 0854:32 passing 2900ft at 10·5nm from touchdown and was instructed to continue approach.

At 0855:11 a primary position indication symbol appeared at 5·3nm on the approach and offset to the north by 0·1nm. The B767 was at 9·1nm passing 2900ft. The target disappeared on the next update of the replay.

The surface wind (230/08KT) was passed to the B777 flight and it was cleared to land at 0856:16. After the read back the pilot stated that, at between 5–6nm from touchdown, a couple of man-made objects had passed underneath the ac. These were described as ‘some sort of toy’. The report was acknowledged by the controller. At this time the B767 was at 6·3nm from touchdown passing through 2300ft.

As the B767 approached 6nm from touchdown (passing 2200ft) the Gatwick 10cm replay showed a sequence of 6 primary position indication symbols moving E’bound approximately 1nm N of the FAT (Figure 3)

Figure 3: Gatwick 10cm: 0856:37 UTC

At 0857:17 the next inbound ac, an A319 called Tower, with 11nm to run and passing through 3000ft.

The B767 and A319 landed. There was no further mention, by pilots or controller, on the Tower frequency of the previously reported objects.

The controller and pilot reports subsequently indicated that the unknown objects were ‘2 white or silver discs at 1000–1500ft, which appeared to be very slow moving or stationary’. ATSI did not record the ground frequencies in use, where any further discussion of the objects may have taken place between ATC and the pilots of the 3 landing ac.

The incident was reported to the Police and London Terminal Control; however the nature of the objects has not been resolved.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
PART B: SUMMARY OF THE BOARD'S DISCUSSIONS

Information available included reports from the B777 crew, transcripts of the relevant RT frequencies, radar video recordings, reports from the air traffic Supervisor and reports from the appropriate ATC authorities.

The CAA FOI Advisor informed Members that the CAA is regularly approached with enquiries regarding various devices, including balloons/kites, to be used as camera platforms. Regulations require operators of model ac/UAVs with a mass greater than 7kg to seek approval for flight in an ATZ or CAS or above 400ft (ANO Article 166) and other limitations apply to surveillance ac (ANO Article167). For platforms less than 7kg, the operator has to be satisfied that the flight is safe without endangering an ac, person or property (ANO Articles 137 and 138). Model flying clubs are well regulated but other flying can take place anywhere else.

There was no doubt that the B777 crew, and 2 subsequent flights, had seen a couple of objects, reported by the B777 crew as man-made and toy-like. However, with the dearth of other information available to the Board and with the objects sighted remaining untraced, the Board elected to classify this incident as a sighting report on final approach; the risk was deemed unassessable.

AIRPROX

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
In a roundabout way this is just another ridicule story aimed at the entire subject. Peeps who read those rags are probably just going to come away from it thinking it is an R/C toy (which it probably was).

My point is, those same people will never believe in the genuine phenomenon of UFOs

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

The encounter came the day before Scientologists, followed by actor Tom Cruise, carved a message to aliens in hills in New Mexico, America.
would we know what the message was?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

oh never mind...found it

edit on 9-6-2013 by reject because: silly me

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

edit on 9-6-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
So is the Scientology aspect important or is it a red herring? Coincidence or significant fact?
Scientology has a heavy belief in other-world life being involved here. Is this an invited visit
by 'people' from their mother planet or is it just a drop in guest?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Can R/C toys operate at a height of 1000 - 1500 ft ?

Do certain types of balloons produce radar returns ?

If the first two returns are related to the same objects then they appear to have moved 3 miles in less than a minute.

No idea myself what they were but the first description is also of "flat silver discs" so I'm not convinced on the toy/ballon explanation, which wasn't the Airprox Boards conclusion either, there not being enough information to identify the objects which therefore remain UFO's.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So the only true question remains...
What does tom cruise know that we dont??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

I saw this story and have been reading through the thread. I remember reading somewhere that something doesn't have to be large to be ET and so the fact that these craft are tiny should not automatically mean they are toys. From what I understand some genuine sightings reported the craft and the beings inhabiting it were extremely small by our standards, they "look like toys." Another significant factor as someone else here in the thread has already pointed out, they just vanished. Toys don't do that.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The range of those 'toy' RC copters is not that high, and also they would be too small to be noticed among other ground clutter..LET ALONE SHOW UP ON RADAR. So Im calling BS on this lame theory/.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join