It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman washed suspected bomb in kitchen sink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A woman who dug up a suspected bomb in her garden washed it in her sink before police were called and a controlled explosion was carried out.

Carole Longhorn struck the metal object with her spade while gardening at her home in Melton Constable, Norfolk.

Her husband, Clive, said: "I heard a rattle in the kitchen and saw she was washing it in the blooming sink."

The object, which is about 25cm long (10in) and thought to have been a World War II projectile, was blown up.

Source: BBC

She sounds like a potential candidate for the Darwin awards.

I mean you just wouldn't would you? It does not take too much grey matter to recognise the object as a bomb or at least possibly a bomb, and considering how many were dropped over Norfolk it was quite likely that it was a bomb.

Apparently the bomb was live.

The object was driven to a nearby quarry and detonated.

"It was brilliant," Mr Longhorn said. "The ground shook - you could feel the shockwaves come across and bump into you.

Mm. Would he be saying that if it had happened in his house?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sounds like something I'd do

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It kind of makes you wonder what she thought it was to take it inside of her home to clean it off. O.o

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
At first glance I thought it was a giant jicama sort of root. But a metal root?

Maybe she thought it was a time capsule. What is it, a delayed message from the Germans?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
At first glance, I thought it was a sweet potato.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If she'd had any sense she'd have stood it upright and danced naked around it in the moonlight.

top topics

join