It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Just Leaked a Trove of NSA Documents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

The only way that they can refuse to give away data under secret court orders is if they have lots of money to pay on fines for refusing.

, no for profit corporation will like to give away their . . . you know profits.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Of course since this is all "classified" he can lie without potential recourse, right?

What a damn liar. Everyone knows Facebook is the data mining poster child.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So as others said the documents are incredibly dry. I don’t know if I will do much more than what I have already done which is skim over them. I think I will wait for someone here present the highlights reel on this one my attention span on this has completely faded.

Anyway thread is bookmarked.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne
Seriously, don't take it personal. I simply pointed out that many ATSers in the past were more eager about information than safety. But if you wanna risk getting a spyware, go right ahead. Arbritageur kindly pointed out that there was an exe file, and in case you don't know, exe stands for executive - it's a program of unknown origin, just like viruses. You're free to ignore or consider his warning.

The files are probably harmless. But you can never be too sure. I consider my computer too valuable for me to risk it catching a virus - voluntarily.
Yes. To be clear, I was not saying there was an exe file in the files that anonymous intended to share.

They posted the files to various file hosts, and posted those links using link redirectors.
The first mirror takes you to iLivid.com, and if you click "download" it tries to install the free iLivid download manager which is an exe file, and not something that anonymous intended to share.

The file host I got the files from was one of the other links anonymous posted, which went to bayfiles.net....
You can't tell which link is which just by looking at them because they are link re-directors for some reason, instead of direct links.

I haven't seen anything dangerous in the files as long as you're careful about how you obtain them. But I'd advise against installing the iLivid download manager exe file if you end up on that host, because you really shouldn't need their download manager. The main reason I can think of why they'd want you to install it is so they can spy on what you download (and who knows what else, like maybe the websites you visit) and sell the information.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
When I saw this

I thought of this

but more so, enclosed.

S & F

edit on 7-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yawwwwwn...
And meanwhile nothing gets done...
It is almost like folks are the dog in that cartoon talking to someone and he.....SQUIRREL!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Why blow the whistle on themselves though? If anon is govt sponsored, why not just have anon release it and say... 'Yes this is the problem, we must clamp down'.
There is something to this that I am not able to understand yet.
edit on 7-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Maybe this thought will resolve the issue: is there more than one Anonymous? In theory, it would be pretty easy for just about anyone to say they are "Anonymous".

Digital false-flag.

The question would then become: Motive? Why would the government want to do this? Some sort of social engineering? To what end? Taken a step further, would/did they fictionalize any of these scandals for any reason? All of the companies involved are pretty aggressively saying that they knew nothing about PRISM or direct server access. Are they lying? Did the government have that access? Or maybe they "hacked" that access for themselves without the companies knowledge?

So many unknowns. So many questions. So many players in this game, and we don't even know what game they are playing.

edit on 7-6-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Say what you will about groups like Anonymous, but the truth is they are instrumental to freedom and democracy. We know we cannot trust the government to release information about their unConstitutional actions against US citizens, and this is something the people need to know. On another note, I am sick of everyone blaming everything on Obama. He is just as bad as other presidents, like Bush, but people need to realize that these types of programs have been a long time in the making. Things have been escalating over the decades, and the truth is that they would have escalated with or without the approval of the president. Although the president has gained too much power in that he can create illegal executive orders, the intelligence agencies are really the groups with the power. They are the ones who play backyard politics, potentially with the lives of human beings.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
Why are you surprised?

Writing emails, posting on Facebook or Twitter, chatting on online social places, even people writing on ATS right this moment - all of that can be viewed, not only what you search on Google engine.

In fact, you are already being spied on. The question is - why do you care? If you do nothing criminal or that can compromise you, what's the big deal even if you called the president an ass?

Because one day that could be illegal, and it could be retroactively illegal. It has happened often, throughout every corner of the world and when it becomes illegal, they can trace that anti government stance back to you and throw you in prison.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Well Dass, Im not a huge Julian Assange fan, and I never liked how he abused and used Manning for his own personal purposes. ANY information that is gleaned from leaks does come with a price. Sometimes though, I think groups such as Anonymous are either being used by the TPTB, and such leaks are in part slipped under the door, on purpose. MHO

Hope I don't get flamed for speaking my thoughts, but thats how I see it.

S&F for the info.

edit on 7-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
These files are definitely a little hard to understand but I know that while reading the few I have so far. I feel like I am going to be attacked by the CIA or something haha not really but anonymous wont be arrested in my opinion because, well they have avoided it so far what makes them any more likely to be in any more danger this time.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Well Dass, Im not a huge Julian Assange fan, and I never liked how he abused and used Manning for his own personal purposes. ANY information that is gleaned from leaks does come with a price. Sometimes though, I think groups such as Anonymous are either being used by the TPTB, and such leaks are in part slipped under the door, on purpose. MHO

Hope I don't get flamed for speaking my thoughts, but thats how I see it.

S&F for the info.

edit on 7-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

I think Julian Assange was doing the best he could in the situation he was given. He couldn't wholly support Manning, because that would compromise him and his trial (for the worse).

In regards to Anonymous, i do agree with you. Some like to argue that there is no central core of people within Anonymous, but i think there is. A group can't function properly without a core. Indeed that core of Anonymous was compromised by the FBI when they arrested and turned a high ranking member into an informant:

Federal prosecutors have charged six alleged members of the Anonymous “hacktivist” group with conspiracy and computer hacking-related crimes after it emerged that an alleged leading member of the collective had turned informant of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Among those charged by the US Department of Justice in the US and elsewhere was Hector Xavier Monsegur, a New York resident whose online identity is alleged to be Sabu, one of Anonymous and LulzSec’s most prominent figures.

Mr Monsegur has been co-operating with the FBI for months, a law enforcement official said.

www.ft.com...

In July federal agents quietly arrested Hector Xavier Monsegur at a New York City housing project. Less than 24 hours later, they'd converted the infamous hacker, known online as Sabu, into an informant. He reportedly had been caring for his imprisoned aunt's two young children and didn't want to abandon them for a jail cell.

Working from an FBI building, Sabu allowed agents to observe his online conversations with friends and confidants in the hactivist group Anonymous. But that's not all. He also went on the attack, positioning himself as a ringleader of a new Anonymous faction, Antisec, that would target private security firms, police departments, and the FBI itself. The FBI appears to have used Antisec as a way to attract hackers and collect evidence against them. But did Sabu cross the line between informing on his friends and entrapping them?

www.motherjones.com...

In this sense, i can't help but wonder just how many member of Anonymous are informants or Government agents themselves...

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wowie wow those of us who do remember ECHELON,,,,have had no faith that the listening ever stopped.....wouldnt they unman the intercept stations if they had?
The program has morphed with technology and spread to other departments and data has been "fused"throughout the system.....ever since ECHELON was exposed....nothing has changed except the intensity and their increased ability to moitor from many different sources....ie credit card purchase....debit card use or other data streams you create every waking moment.

The writing is on the wall, and if you wont go along youll simply be put up against it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I think Julian Assange was doing the best he could in the situation he was given. He couldn't wholly support Manning, because that would compromise him and his trial (for the worse).

I differ with your assessment on this because a mans life hangs in the balance. If it was me doing the "leaking" for someone, and their life hanged in any balance, I would do everything and anything, even if it meant my own death to see the persons name cleared, or to even go down with him. Sometimes the biggest sacrifice is made with ones life, not hiding in an embassy. I wonder how Assange's conscious is kept clear knowing his notoriety comes with a price?

If this "cause' meant so much to Assange, then those sacrifices should be kept. I know, its a big step to say something like this, but I look at my own children and say what would I do to save them in a life threatening situation. That answer is EVERYTHING.

My humble Opinion about Assange, Daas..........

But back to Anonymous . I agree 100% that there is leadership at the higher levels.

Good thread BTW.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by daaskapital

I differ with your assessment on this because a mans life hangs in the balance. If it was me doing the "leaking" for someone, and their life hanged in any balance, I would do everything and anything, even if it meant my own death to see the persons name cleared, or to even go down with him. Sometimes the biggest sacrifice is made with ones life, not hiding in an embassy. I wonder how Assange's conscious is kept clear knowing his notoriety comes with a price?

If this "cause' meant so much to Assange, then those sacrifices should be kept. I know, its a big step to say something like this, but I look at my own children and say what would I do to save them in a life threatening situation. That answer is EVERYTHING.

My humble Opinion about Assange, Daas..........

But back to Anonymous . I agree 100% that there is leadership at the higher levels.

Good thread BTW.

In regards to Manning's cooperation with an individual from WikiLeaks (assumed to be Julian Assange by the prosecution), both participants did not disclose identifying information about one another. In other words, Bradley Manning did not know who he was talking to, and the individual from WikiLeaks was unaware of the identity of Manning also. So when Bradley Manning was arrested in regards to the leaks, Julian Assange was not aware as to whether or not Manning was his informant. In this sense it would have been unwise for Julian Assange to take great leaps, and publicly assume that Manning was indeed his informant, because that would compromise Manning's trial and give the US government essentially what it wants. Instead, Assange has had to wait to see what becomes of the matter; and now that Manning has pleaded guilty to leaking the material, Assange should be able to take greater lengths in aiding him.

I do find it annoying though, that Bradley Manning is sometimes ignored, if not completely overlooked in the grand scheme of things.

Overall though, now that Manning has pleaded guilty, it will be interesting to see what steps Assange takes to aid him...

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The internet came from DARPA do you really think ANYTHING we put on it hasn't been recorded? They can't read it all without that supercomputer they are building. They will criss cross drones to catalogue all movement so anything outside normal movements will catch their eye .Probably in about 10 years.

Every battle starts with intel.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Why hasn't the government caught anonymous major players? It's kind of hard to catch someone when the person your looking for is yourself.

What has anonymous done to better the world? Nothing.

I'll tell you the only thing Anonymous does is....strip our rights away. There nothing more than an excuse to enact stricter internet laws. Oh we got these hackers that are threatening the system they will tell you when in reality there isn't a hacker threat at all there just using it as an excuse. Wake up people.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I went through all the pdf's quickly and I don't really see anything earth-shaking here.

For example one illustration shows how a unit that runs low on ammo will be resupplied, checking inventory, etc. It looks like a bunch of stuff to run defense more efficiently, and provide an effective communication network.

Ya, I'm not getting why this document is anything at all. This is the most standard bureaucratic plan sheet you could possibly have, and nothing on there is even 1% of the "revelations" that have busted out the last 2 days.

I don't get it. That has seriously got to be the most non need to be secret dod document I've ever read lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I cant beleive how many stars and flags go to this stuff with such little responses! Like the general conversation surfing this thread - we dont even know if Anonymous is or isn't working with the NSA or CIA!

I mean.. CIA are all over these conspiracy sites - when"Anon & Co." (unknown Co. At that..) release this type of thing; do you think the sports, social, msm news, educational, promotional, industrial etc. Websites get all over this information? Or just places lilke Ats?

Ats is a fish tank - this is what the members need to open their minds too. The members who DO care and research this stuff are convientaly (for the CIA and moniters) swimming around with like-minded. The people who NEED this information the most (the ignorant public) are the ones who dont find this stuff on the web!

Anyone catching my drift here?

When "Breaking news of conspiring government agendas" is released - all those other types of websites and thee types of people within them, do not get to this type of thing. Just the conspiracy minds within this type of fish tank do! So it really becomes irrelevant doesnt it?

We dont really need Anonymous and Co. "leaking" (yea right) this information because memebrs here have already made (1 million times over) straight arguments to PROVE their is a world wide conspiracy within the governments of the world! WE ALRADY KNOW, so why keep coming back for more?

Its those who are online, within the other types of websites who need this information to see what is going on because we already know! Again, Ats memebrs have proven that they are a threat to the gov, the agencies etc.. We dont even need Anonymous!

Thats why the CIA want us to stay in this fishy tank...

Thanks for sharing the OP - this information isnt really ground breaking - the NSA and Obama-nation (ABOMINATION) will get away with it anyways... Becaues THOSE who need to know dont know.. Those who already know are swimming in a tiny tank with like minded.

Havent you people realized (REAL EYES) that they play both sides? They have been doing it since religion and military were created - and ever since. The oldest deceptional-trick in the book

WAKE UP!

(At CIA moniters - this post is copied and saved - and screen captured - I will post it again and again if you delete it - as well as the other members who have it)

Smart fishy

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant

Maybe this thought will resolve the issue: is there more than one Anonymous? In theory, it would be pretty easy for just about anyone to say they are "Anonymous".

Digital false-flag.

The question would then become: Motive? Why would the government want to do this? Some sort of social engineering? To what end? Taken a step further, would/did they fictionalize any of these scandals for any reason? All of the companies involved are pretty aggressively saying that they knew nothing about PRISM or direct server access. Are they lying? Did the government have that access? Or maybe they "hacked" that access for themselves without the companies knowledge?

So many unknowns. So many questions. So many players in this game, and we don't even know what game they are playing.

Yes, it's true. Anybody can become an 'Anonymous'. I am not one but from what I have read most work in cells and others work alone. That said, it means what they say can't necessarily be trusted however I do trust them (or have) to date on net freedom issues.

I'm not sure this wasn't pre-planned as well. It's a nagging doubt in the back of my mind. However, Julian Assange could be one of the sources - The UK Guardian and US Washington Post seemed to share and break the story simultaneously. Assange has worked with the Guardian before not with a great end-result - they screwed him over. But Greenwald (Guardian) has primarily been a blogger with an agenda to keep governments honest. With Manning's court case running at the moment and the tack the prosecution are taking, trying to suggest that Assange coerced and taught a young and naive soldier into giving up classified cables, things are getting more precarious for him and so he does what he always threatened to do - unleashed the beast. I may be quite wrong in this as the Washington Post cited their source as a disenfranchised ex-NSA guy.

However, IF it is a "digital false flag" as you suggest, the only reason it is happening is modify the population's behaviour. No more phone sex, no more downloading material, thinking twice before you sign a petition or speak out against certain things. Big Brother is watching. Who knows maybe like on the TV show 'Big Brother' we'll forget the cameras are on us. Maybe that was the whole point of that show, to see how long that took and how completely that would happen.

What I'd like to see is the history of this invisible prison we're finding ourselves in. Wages were once upon a time paid in cash by companies, then they went directly into your account, then the account was linked to a card, then the card was used to buy stuff and so on and so forth - the information trail begins and builds. We give away information wherever we go and it is now being seized upon and exploited by business and, now, the government who won't hesitate to use it against us.

Yes, you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide... until you disagree.
edit on 8-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join