It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources: NSA Targeting Credit Card Use

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

They're probably monitoring people who purchase pressure cookers.
They just keep chipping away at our privacy rights.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You guy are so funny after 12 year and what

Lately I getting a few of these a day
Malicious Toolkit Website 14 and 31 now
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-6-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

And this is why they want to get rid of cash, so that they can have full control over what you do with your money.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
The funny thing is when you watch NCIS they can pull up all this sort of data in seconds so doesn't surprise me that its been done in real life

Good point. You've been intentionally softened up for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Well... not quite. All of these initiatives began under Bush. Obama has kept them going—which is absolutely disgusting—but I'm not sure how this makes him worse than the guy who started them in the first place.

He's quantifiably worse. Here are the numbers of business-related FISA warrants from 2005 to 2012. You can see the applications steadily dropping under Bush, then they explode when Obama comes into office. You will also see that the proportion of applications modified by the court also exploded under Obama, meaning his administration has sought so much information that even the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court is uncomfortable with it. They historically approve practically anything, but now they are modifying almost every application. I could almost believe the Obama administration is making more numerous, discrete applications while Bush made a small number of larger applications ... but the number of modifications made by the FISC convinces he his administration is systematically requesting more than is allowed by FISA, while the Bush administration hewed closer to the intent of the law.

Context matters, too. Al Qaeda's international operational capability was probably at its peak in 2001 - 2005, so vigorous, targeted intelligence collection was appropriate. As the threat wound down, so (it seems) did collection. Until Obama came into office. It doesn't prove anything, but the correlation is indicative of a very large swing in domestic surveillance policy.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

I thought they were going after everyone who uses cash? Now it's credit cards too?

I am thinking that they are monitoring credit card and debit card use; to see who (has had a habit of using these cards) and then abruptly stops using them... cancels them... and starts using cash. To them this may be a red flag.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
The Total Information Awareness Initiative under a different name:
en.wikipedia.org...

Honestly, Obama is FAR worse than Bush Jr in almost every respect, boggles the mind that anyone supports him.

But he's a Nobel Peace Prize winner! How can you say that? LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Nice try but all you are doing is trying to deflect the issue that Obama not only kept up with Bush, but is surpassing him by leaps and bounds.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Obama didn't just keep it running, he expanded it ten fold. Bush just targeted overseas info. Bush's was actually "legal" from what I can see so far. But my opinion on that could change.

Lets not get into politics here anyways. What is wrong, is wrong no matter when it was done. And right now, all eyes are on the Obama admin since he is in charge at the moment. Just because it was done before, doesn't make it right now. So even if we find that Bush's surveillance was much more than I suspect, he isn't president right now. If Obama was a good president, he would have exposed it, and shut it down. Not embraced it and continued to hide it in what should be the most open and transparent country in the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Honestly, Obama is FAR worse than Bush Jr in almost every respect, boggles the mind that anyone supports him.

Much as I'd like to, can't blame Obama for this...it predates him.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Yes, it sure does. If anyone thinks this stuff started in 2001, they're deluding themselves.

It's been going on in one form or another since 1952, when NSA was officially created and with its predecessors before that, see Herbert Yardley and MI-8 and the American Black Chamber.

It's just gotten bigger and bigger as technology has grown from simple copying of Western Union telegrams to internet monitoring.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

Yes, it sure does. If anyone thinks this stuff started in 2001, they're deluding themselves.

It's been going on in one form or another since 1952, when NSA was officially created and with its predecessors before that, see Herbert Yardley and MI-8 and the American Black Chamber.

It's just gotten bigger and bigger as technology has grown from simple copying of Western Union telegrams to internet monitoring.

Well, I never thought it started with 9/11. That's just when they pretty much started to really come out of the closet, so to speak.

I'm not studied up on every minute detail going all the way back to the 50s but I skimmed a lot of the info on Wikipedia going back to the 70s. It's pretty interesting how many connections you can make just through Wikipedia links. And Wikipedia is just the highlights on most people, places, events and so forth.

I think for a lot of people, 9/11 was just when they really became aware of it. Especially the younger people. I was born in 73 and didn't pay a bit of attention to politics and government in the 70s and 80s. I didn't pay much attention in the 90s either.

It has just accelerated and gotten more and more blatant in the last decade or so. That's what's really got me worried. They're bringing it out into the open for something. They know how to keep secrets. They've had enough practice and have practically unlimited resources. I'm not buying it that this is really an accidental leak.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join