It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican candidate believes yoga opens you to satanic possession.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

If only we could put people who talk about things like demonic possession on some kind of list....

I keed, I keed.

But seriously. People are stupid. Film at 11.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have heard this before. Just going to have to accept religious differences. Christians satanize the weirdest things. Candles, music, playing cards, caffeine, pants, Hindu rituals commonly called yoga. Yet it is scarce to see other things vilified, like bacon, the necktie, and similar material things that have been abhorred by holy men throughout millennia.

With the right wisdom, things look different. Chick fil a, for example. It's all Sunday special until you realize there is a cow image telling the customers to eat more chicken. The cow is sacred there, off limits for consumption, and they obey its commands. Perhaps it is an image of a deity. Hidden in plain sight. That is the tip of the iceberg for how polluted the rationale of some Christians are regarding the satanification of what surrounds them. Misapplied faith.

It gets crazy when you get the Christian yoga. People can say what they want, and believe what they want. He is likely just repeating what he heard from someone else.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Of course, any practise, teaching or system of belief that a conservative Christian doesn't understand must be the product of Satan.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am a Christian. I am a firm believer in The Father, The Son & The Holy Spirit. I read my Bible everyday - and I meditate. My way of meditation is to use theta waves I play over headphones.

I have been told by other Christians my way of praying is wrong and I am clearly not on the right path according to some.

I pray the "Our Father" while in meditation. I pray unto Him with every part of my being. I can spend an hour plus in one go.

In the beginning it did upset me with some comments from people, now I don't even hear them when they are talking. I have nothing to prove to no other. I know that I have never been so spiritual as I am now.

Yes, you do come under attack when you are in deep meditation. At times it makes you so weak as it is spiritual warfare that makes you tired, in mind, soul and spirit.

Of course meditation can be used for all different things, as some do it for good, others choose to do it for that which is not good.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
First off, you all are just racists, and hate black people.(I said this in jest, so don't bother responding)

With that said, why is it a surprise that the defenders of yoga, practice yoga? Nothing like the objective criticism normally found on ATS. Fact of the matter is, most of you don't even believe in the demonic, nor would even know what to expect from the demonic. You think you can steal practices from other cultures and detach it from its original purpose. If you want to pretend to empty yourself, and get closer to the "gods" you don't believe exist, don't be surprised when you invite a crap storm into you and your family's lives.

No human understands completely the relationship between mind, body, and the spiritual realm. So feel free to get off your "Christians are dumb cause they are ignorant" high horse. Unless you can provide evidence that is not anecdotal at best, you know what I'm not even going to finish my post... Knock yourselves out doing yoga, and knowing everything
edit on 6-6-2013 by kingofmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

My way of meditation is to use theta waves I play over headphones.

That's also how I meditate. The sound/music really helps me go deeper. I also try to be thoughtless as possible and concentrate on breathwork.

I had a different experience. When I was a young teen I was heavy into yoga. Took it in college, a yoga studio, and in an Aikido school.

Anyways, one day my best friends cousins all asked me about yoga. They were interested in taking a class themselves but had strong reservations. Totally surprised me at the time, but it wouldn't now. They genuinely were concerned if yoga was satanic worship. I was speechless. Still am. Religious people have that affect on me. Obviously this belief is being indoctrinated by certain churches throughout the world.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I just hope he doesn't get any power what so ever.....but you can bet idiots will vote for him.
I love Yoga I found a beginners vid on you tube and do it every other day, I have lost weight, my back problem has gone and Iam more supple, I can eat a banana using my feet again
(first time in 20 years lol).

Can you post a link to your video you use?

I use cosmic kids yoga at school. The kids love it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
First off, you all are just racists, and hate black people.

With that said, why is it a surprise that the defenders of yoga, practice yoga? Nothing like the objective criticism normally found on ATS. Fact of the matter is, most of you don't even believe in the demonic, nor would even know what to expect from the demonic. You think you can steal practices from other cultures and detach it from its original purpose. If you want to pretend to empty yourself, and get closer to the "gods" you don't believe exist, don't be surprised when you invite a crap storm into you and your family's lives.

I do not believe that yoga, D&D, rock music, or tellitubies are demonic and this Jack Chick stuff is stupid.

Given that, I agree with your first line. The left holds that any criticism of an African American is racist, therefore this man's detractors must be racist. Well said!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Holy crap on a cracker, that's just crazy.

I don't believe or disbelieve in Satan but I do believe this guy is in fact himself emptyheaded.

How does he get possession out of meditation? Yoga/Tai-Chi/Qigong and other meditative forms of exercise are lifesavers, for many many people.The only thing I want to do afterwords is take a nap or read, it's a refreshing and or calming feeling not a feeling of being possessed at all. Though technically I guess I have no clue what it would feel like to be possessed, i'm guessing it's not a calm feeling.

This guy is a tool.
edit on 6-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Considering that yoga is based on movements that are designed for sun, moon and nature worship, it could very well open you to demonic spirits. It can be a medium for possesion just like Witch boards. Even using stuff like EVP and ghost hunting equipment can draw that crap to you because it's divination, which i used to do until i ended up being attacked by something i couldn't see but like to throw dishes at me and run across my floors with invisible feet. People nowadays have no idea what theyre messing with.

Wow, that is some ignorant hogwash.
good god man. there is a disconnect in the circuitry.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yip, the way you breathe is very important. When I start the breathing I always put on the Armor of God

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6

I have respect for those who can pray with all supplication in spirit without headphones and hearing noises outside. I always found it difficult to pray. Either a noise or being uncomfortable on my knees. I believe when one prays you need to do so with every part of your being. It is a spiritual connection one have to make to start a personal relationship with Him.

I have never done yoga, and have no clue how to sit while doing it. I guess yoga is opening the mind to become positive in oneself for a healthier life. The meditation I do is very much the the same, just I ask speak to our Father and trust in Him, not myself only. Being positive is truly one of the musts, no doubt. But to grow in faith, strength, courage, to persevere, forgive and love does lift my soul.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Considering that yoga is based on movements that are designed for sun, moon and nature worship, it could very well open you to demonic spirits. It can be a medium for possesion just like Witch boards. Even using stuff like EVP and ghost hunting equipment can draw that crap to you because it's divination, which i used to do until i ended up being attacked by something i couldn't see but like to throw dishes at me and run across my floors with invisible feet. People nowadays have no idea what theyre messing with.

Wow, that is some ignorant hogwash.
good god man. there is a disconnect in the circuitry.

You apparently never studied the occult or engaged in occult activities. I have. All i have to say.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here is the video talking about it... TYT.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is exactly why religion has no place in politics,
this man, with his available resources and political
office, would rather address the dangers of yoga than
say the dangers of allowing our economy to replicate
the 08 disaster, or instead of addressing unemployment
numbers that are the worst in our life times..... yeah
make sure no one does yoga because that's what is
important in our lives, what a waste.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

How are things at Hogwarts?
2nd

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
IDIOT alert

I do yoga because it helps my back. I think that Jesus would approve.

He's an idiot

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
the end is obviously near...when we are led by such characters...it is an obvious representation of the mindset of humanity.

I saw a sign outside a church here a few months ago that said "in the end times, good will be considered evil and evil will be considered good".

So I'd say Yoga is good for you.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Given that, I agree with your first line. The left holds that any criticism of an African American is racist, therefore this man's detractors must be racist. Well said!

Amazing. So when people criticize someone and their race isn't being brought into it (incidentally the Left tends to be critical of religious dogma, even black religious zealots /gasp), you're just going to go ahead and take it upon yourselves to take the opportunity to play the Left (well at least a convoluted perception of Left) always plays the race card, card? Gonna be the first to bring race into it by crying the Left won't let non-whites be criticized? Logic acrobatics? You're trying to dismiss one generalization with another.

I don't even...

On topic, for all Zealots with brains the size of peas... go to hell. Mind your own soul, your own families souls... it's none of your damn business what others choose to do with theirs. It's called Liberty, shut up about people's personal choices before you end up choking on the word everytime you cry about it.

That guy is a total asshat.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well That man is a jackass> I have done yoga for year sand have never had any satanic events. I have developed the ability to relax and even sleep anywhere if my body needs it.

Due to this idiot I know understand why "Jesus wept".

Tiger5

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This has been getting some attention for a while. Folks dont understand that it is not a religious practice but rather a form of workout/exercise mainly involving stretching of the muscles and joints. The news piece is nothing more than politics at its best.

ATS_THREAD_1

ATS_THREAD_2

What_Is_Yoga?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join