It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican candidate believes yoga opens you to satanic possession.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I do believe that satan is working on his unholy ways of doing unholy things.

When some thing is not being done in unholy way , without unholy result , it can hardly be satanic.

Satan contacts us every day , he doesn't need us to do something to contact him.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The sect I call "Churchians" have been taught to believe that all religions, spirit manifestation, whatever are of the devil.

They are taught that by the church. That way the church keeps them in its grip. Keeps them coming back. Got to keep the coffers full.

Business is business.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'd say he has every right to his opinion, especially given his day job. However, that's the problem. He needs to make a choice here. He's going to be a politician or he's going to be a practicing minister. I suppose there is nothing against being both, if you can keep those worlds separate.....but he apparently cannot manage that. So, a choice he must make, IMO. Otherwise? Please...please...let the voters make that choice FOR him.

There is religion, there is a religious environment. Neither of which I have any issue with. However, that can cross into what I've heard referred to as the Religious Reich. That would be where lines need drawn, hard and clear, while pointing to that clause about State Religion. Given the fact Meditation and forms of Yoga form areas of religious practice for some in this world? The man needs checked before he wrecks himself and those who follow him, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Yep !!
They know if people get real relaxed and meditate, the next thing you know, they will start thinking for themselves.
All that "thinking for yourself" can only spell trouble for those who want complete control of the general populas.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
It is quite possible certain people may be closer to being on the brink of demonic possession. Christians and Republicans seem to be the most worried about it. Perhaps they have good reason to be concerned then. They may well be the most prime candidates for possession. It stands to reason that just a belief that such things could happen may make it more likely for them to be the most susceptible. It follows then that the rest of us who might scoff at such a notion would have little reason to be concerned.

If demonic possession worries you I suggest then it may be wise to avoid those activities that concern you. I am sure you know best what is right for you. The rest of us should be able to engage in healthful exercises and relaxation practices without undue worries. To your good health!

edit on 6-6-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

I am starting to believe it is most so called "Christians" and Republicans that are possessed by Demons, of Greed, Sloth, Envy and Hubris, and it is the rest of us waking up and getting out of this demonic control...
edit on 6-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Is this guy for real?

Yes this guy is for real. Remember just a few days ago God told the Republicans to keep John Boehner as speaker of the house.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Is it me or is the Republican party quickly becoming the party of the mentally unstable?

Meh, you've got some idiots on both sides.

I'm still waiting for Guam to tip over.

For the record, I like yoga and I especially like yoga pants.

edit on 6-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I suppose there is nothing against being both, if you can keep those worlds separate.....

Most dangerous. Separation of Church and State is (supposed) to be one of the tenants of this country.

The "devout" don't see it as two distinct realms. To them, the rule of God is the law. In Europe we saw the result of that. The Pope and the King. Burning "Heretics" at the stake... it was awful.

The problem with allowing the two to mix is the hidden agenda. Religion (whatever flavor). And it stays hidden.

I watched an interview with a US congressman this morning on RT where he clarified that, "In foreign affairs, it's not about International Law or no International Law, but Moral and Immoral". I about wretched.

What a twist on right and wrong, huh?

edit on 6-6-2013 by intrptr because: clarification

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I watched an interview with a US congressman this morning on RT where he clarified that, "In foreign affairs, it's not about International Law or no International Law, but Moral and Immoral". I about wretched.

Now that IS scary and downright warped. I also appreciate and notice you don't make distinction as to which ideology the Congressman was. That's important as ignorance and small mindedness know no party for exclusive homes.

If not law, then what? Morality as defined by whom and against whom? International? WOW...Now that *IS* scary. On a world wide scale, Morality is a VERY VERY fluid thing. One country sees marriage to a child, with full consummation of that relation as acceptable, if not entirely legal. Others (most) would throw someone UNDER the jail for the very same act. So which country is setting moral standards by that man's view? Perhaps we set them today...and he's a happy camper. Perhaps tomorrow those of Islam or Taoism or just plain Humanists set that same standard for the world affairs. Will he be equally comfy with that outcome forced upon him?

Some people.... It's amazing how short sighted and small minded they can be. It's scary when they hold actual power.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Apologies Wrabbit and ATS. I misquoted our dear congressman a bit in the interview. I just watched it again. Not, "International Law vs. no International Law, he said, "It's not legal or illegal, its moral and immoral. A bit more general.

Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Is this guy for real?

Yes this guy is for real. Remember just a few days ago God told the Republicans to keep John Boehner as speaker of the house.
Is it me or is the Republican party quickly becoming the party of the mentally unstable?

He later said he was joking still waiting for the republican to say the same.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I do yoga two times a week for meditation, flexibility and peace of mind, I have not felt the devil in me yet, but one thing is for sure, my "empty mind" gets full of the beautiful relaxing music and imagery of greens landscape and clear flowing water, where GMOs has never spoiled the land.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I do yoga two times a week for meditation, flexibility and peace of mind, I have not felt the devil in me yet, but one thing is for sure, my "empty mind" gets full of the beautiful relaxing music and imagery of greens landscape and clear flowing water, where GMOs has never spoiled the land.

I do a different type of yoga but some of those positions are downright evil so maybe he has a point

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

I may be doing the wrong yoga
but I am not going to ask what kind you do

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Is this guy for real?

He later said he was joking still waiting for the republican to say the same.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. That's it...he was joking, the sun was in his eyes, C'mon, you are not partisan enough to buy that.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by sandman441

I may be doing the wrong yoga
but I am not going to ask what kind you do

haha I do something called DDPYoga, it's yoga and a few other things thrown in.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He'd have to do a little more research then he'd learn that Yoga is one of the best protections against any kind of possession.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Burn them all burn them burn them, heathens who do yoga are satans badgers and If you meet one you should burn them...just burn the heathens burn burn burn.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I wonder if he has any evidence to support such a hypothesis. Actual possession seems to be quite rare, and if demonic oppression (also uncommon) were abundant among Yoga practitioners, I think we'd hear about it. Anyway, the mind and the spirit being the same thing isn't a Christian teaching that I've encountered before.

I've read the same claim made of meditation a year or so ago. People just run away with their own flawed logic conclusions these days...

edit on 6-6-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I took a Yoga class a long time ago and I can agree with this Republican. Yoga can make you become possessed by evil spirits!

Everyone in my class was possessed by the evil spirit of flatulence and I felt myself becoming susceptible to their mind-altering stench.

So he may have a point.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

well, if its done correctly, with that special little something, i would be surprised, if a "demon" would not possess you,,, todays yoga is pathetic, compared to the older way..
edit on 6-6-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join