It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican candidate believes yoga opens you to satanic possession.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Is this guy for real?

E.W. Jackson, a Christian minister and lawyer who is running to become Lieutenant Governor in the US state of Virginia, has previously warned of what he sees as the dangers of yoga. "The purpose of such meditation is to empty oneself..[Satan] is happy to invade the empty vacuum of your soul and possess it. That is why people serve Satan without ever knowing it or deciding to..." He warns: "Beware of systems of spirituality which tell you to empty yourself. You will end up filled with something you probably do not want."

Would people actually vote for this guy? If he were to run for a political position over here he would be laughed out of town with views such as this.

Better still, does anyone here believe this nonsense?

Link

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I just hope he doesn't get any power what so ever.....but you can bet idiots will vote for him.
I love Yoga I found a beginners vid on you tube and do it every other day, I have lost weight, my back problem has gone and Iam more supple, I can eat a banana using my feet again
(first time in 20 years lol).

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Considering that yoga is based on movements that are designed for sun, moon and nature worship, it could very well open you to demonic spirits. It can be a medium for possesion just like Witch boards. Even using stuff like EVP and ghost hunting equipment can draw that crap to you because it's divination, which i used to do until i ended up being attacked by something i couldn't see but like to throw dishes at me and run across my floors with invisible feet. People nowadays have no idea what theyre messing with.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Oh you silly US-Americans, you.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Some folks in the population will believe him. Those are the Jack Chick reader types.
Yoga ... I don't see it as an opening to satanic possession.
Certain meditations ... yes. But yoga exercise? No.
Meditations change vibrations and can 'call in' spirits of certain vibrations.
Saying certain words over and over in meditation .... that could call something.

But Yoga exercises? Naaaaah.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I haven't seen anyone showing demonic symptoms practicing Yoga. In fact it is just the opposite most times. Usually the people are nice and mellow

I suppose if you wanted to join satan than you could use a similar technique to access Satan or Demons. Doesn't this guy realize that the Church uses a similar technique when it sings it's Hymns. The hymns help to relax the mind and put us into a tranquil state. It is all the same you see, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Is this guy for real?

Apparently you don't know anything about Protestant Christians. This is a very popular belief of theirs.. not just " this guy"

And whats more is He's right and the Yoga's / New Agers agree with him ! There is a big difference they say between active meditation and passive meditation.

Active meditation is when you use your mind to do things.. figure out problems on the screen of the minds eye ( blank imaginary screen in your mind) and passive meditation is when you simply allow anything to enter your mind without any checks.. they all warn against this.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I'm a Republican and I believe that Yoga opens us up to sore muscles that we forgot we had and the blatant use of "Icy Hot". Maybe I should run for public office, hmmmmm.....

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

and passive meditation is when you simply allow anything to enter your mind without any checks.. they all warn against this.

what a load of rubbish.

This is not what passive meditation is, and nobody doing meditation is advising against it. It's perfectly normal, depending on what you hope to achieve by meditating.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Is this guy for real?

E.W. Jackson, a Christian minister and lawyer who is running to become Lieutenant Governor in the US state of Virginia, has previously warned of what he sees as the dangers of yoga. "The purpose of such meditation is to empty oneself..[Satan] is happy to invade the empty vacuum of your soul and possess it. That is why people serve Satan without ever knowing it or deciding to..." He warns: "Beware of systems of spirituality which tell you to empty yourself. You will end up filled with something you probably do not want."

Would people actually vote for this guy? If he were to run for a political position over here he would be laughed out of town with views such as this.

Link

the end is obviously near...when we are led by such characters...it is an obvious representation of the mindset of humanity.

Run for your lives...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
When a person has spent the bulk of their adulthood staring straight into a narrow tube, they usually sound hysterical when they open their mouths.

This man is no exception. I can't imagine how annoying it would be to be around him. It would be like babysitting a parrot indoctrinated into the way of the purposeless porpoise.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This the first thing that comes to my mind. I came across this picture after spending an hour googling for statistics about intelligent people being less religious, statistically speaking.

freethinker.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...

At least this guy proves the point...

One of the dumbest things I have heard in a while

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Some folks in the population will believe him. Those are the Jack Chick reader types.
Yoga ... I don't see it as an opening to satanic possession.
Certain meditations ... yes. But yoga exercise? No.
Meditations change vibrations and can 'call in' spirits of certain vibrations.
Saying certain words over and over in meditation .... that could call something.

But Yoga exercises? Naaaaah.

Actually yoga is the name of a discipline with eight pieces - asana (or what you call exercise) is just one facet. Meditation is another. You can read more about the eight limbs of yoga here. Yoga teaches asana as a preparation for meditation. And if you've ever been roughed-up by a yoga instuctor for 90 minutes, meditation is about all you're capable of.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I have lost weight, my back problem has gone and Iam more supple, I can eat a banana using my feet again

That is clearly Satan's work!

reply to post by chasingbrahman

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
When a person has spent the bulk of their adulthood staring straight into a narrow tube, they usually sound hysterical when they open their mouths.

So well-said! Religion generally teaches people to stare into a tube and only believe what comes through that tube. Any outside thoughts or influences are the work of SATAN and you shouldn't believe it or even listen to it! It's dangerous! It's demons and satanic possession waiting out there to destroy the tube!

I just love how you said that!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Sorry to say this but that is what you get when moronic religious groups starts to prep their moronic candidates to places of power to push moronic laws.

We should twist him like a pretzel and throw him to the lions.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The only reason people like this guy dare to publicly claim stuff like that is because they know they are not alone, otherwise they would feel grotesque. Their ridiculous ideas a mirrored and reinforced through others who 'think' like them.

If I had to give a mental age to the current human species, I would say 9 years old.
edit on 6-6-2013 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Is this guy for real?

Apparently you don't know anything about Protestant Christians. This is a very popular belief of theirs.. not just " this guy"

And whats more is He's right and the Yoga's / New Agers agree with him ! There is a big difference they say between active meditation and passive meditation.

Active meditation is when you use your mind to do things.. figure out problems on the screen of the minds eye ( blank imaginary screen in your mind) and passive meditation is when you simply allow anything to enter your mind without any checks.. they all warn against this.

um no I dont think the 'Yoga's/New Agers do agree with him. I havent really seen the slogan ' Come open yourself up for demon possession' on any Yoga classes windows lol

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
NOOOOO YOGA STAY WAY!!

Stop attracting me with peace, , health body and calm mind!! that devil's work!!! i want to be chaotic, sick and twisted!! just like my religions says i do!

------

As few mentioned, the exercising aspect is 1 of many yoga... they usually say the world "aum" or "oh" its a word that vibrates your entire body... and calms you down. Many yoga exercise remove that because people assume its religious.

Om(Aum) is also referred to as the basis of all sounds.[7] The first letter, A, is the root sound, the key, pronounced without touching any part of the tongue or palate; M represents the last sound in the series, being produced by the lips, and the U rolls from the very root to the end of the sounding board of the mouth. And hence Om represents the whole phenomenon of producing sound.[7]

However, if you add the other aspects of yoga, you can make it into a spiritual meditation.... oh yeah. Satan and devil and other crap are not real.. those are just people with twisted minds manifesting their urges.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It is quite possible certain people may be closer to being on the brink of demonic possession. Christians and Republicans seem to be the most worried about it. Perhaps they have good reason to be concerned then. They may well be the most prime candidates for possession. It stands to reason that just a belief that such things could happen may make it more likely for them to be the most susceptible. It follows then that the rest of us who might scoff at such a notion would have little reason to be concerned.

If demonic possession worries you I suggest then it may be wise to avoid those activities that concern you. I am sure you know best what is right for you. The rest of us should be able to engage in healthful exercises and relaxation practices without undue worries. To your good health!

edit on 6-6-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Is this guy for real?

Yes this guy is for real. Remember just a few days ago God told the Republicans to keep John Boehner as speaker of the house.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Is it me or is the Republican party quickly becoming the party of the mentally unstable?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join