It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism to get place in Wisconsin classes!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Hmmm..

It seems some un-informed people here actually believe creationism is "another theory" like evolution.

Well,
in science class, shall we teach each of these theories :
1. Electrostatic discharge causes lightning
2. Thor bangiing his hammer causes lightning
3. Zeus hurling bolts causes lightning

It should be obvious that answer 1 is true, and answer 2 and 3 are merely ancient religious superstitions from before we knew the facts.

The same is true of creationism -
* it has no evidence in support
* it makes no testable predictions
* it violates the evidence we DO see
* it is based on ancient religious superstition

People in Europe and Australlasia and other modern educated countries are shocked at the way religious superstition seems to be taking over Ameriica.

American education standards have slipped to 3rd world levels, and 1/2 the population believes this rubbish.

It's tragic - and dangerous.

Iasion

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
it is illegal to teach dogmas in public schools, period.

there is no debate, sorry. what they have done is illegal.

Thankyou for answering this question. I'm wondering why everyone who supports this thinks their religion should be exempt from the law but not others.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iasion
Hmmm..

It seems some un-informed people here actually believe creationism is "another theory" like evolution.

I think that's a false assumption. Biology was my course of study for many years. I'll challenge you then, if you say I'm uninformed, tell me why creationism has any more substantiation. I think either are possible.

Well,
in science class, shall we teach each of these theories :
1. Electrostatic discharge causes lightning
2. Thor bangiing his hammer causes lightning
3. Zeus hurling bolts causes lightning

It should be obvious that answer 1 is true, and answer 2 and 3 are merely ancient religious superstitions from before we knew the facts.

Why is creationism religously involved? Now I haven't read the "Intelligent Design" theory in Wisconsin's textbook but I doubt it reads anything like the above. Hm, maybe it's time for me to do some research and get back with ya's.

The same is true of creationism -
* it has no evidence in support
* it makes no testable predictions
* it violates the evidence we DO see
* it is based on ancient religious superstition

Are we talking about creationism or evolution here? Oh, both.

People in Europe and Australlasia and other modern educated countries are shocked at the way religious superstition seems to be taking over Ameriica.

Why is Europe upset? They brought it over here. As far as Asia, I'm afraid they have little room to talk.

American education standards have slipped to 3rd world levels,

And it's all creationism's fault, isn't it?

and 1/2 the population believes this rubbish.

It's tragic -

To you.

and dangerous.

To who?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
All you creationism supporters seem to be studiously ignored my previous challenge:

Nobody has yet posted anything to show how creationism could possibly be a science, and I think I know why - because you can't.

CHALLENGE!!!!!

Can anyone show how creationism could be taught as a science?

Well? Anyone fancy this one? Bring it on.

If it isn't a science then it can't be taught in science classes.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I will respond.

Creationism is no more a science then Darwinism. Both are a religious beliefs as to how we came to exist. One believes in a Creator. One believes in randomness becoming more orderly over long periods of time. By Darwin's sense of logic, If you were able to flap your arms billions of times, over a period of millions of years, sooner or later you would start to fly. Or if your desire to teletransport to the moon by telekinetic means, after years of your offspring busting brain cells to move their bodies telekinetically, they would. The primordial ooze thing is a joke. Just where did the earth have the pure sterile water needed to form complex amino acids? Ever hear of entropy? Do you respond?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join