It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism to get place in Wisconsin classes!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I for one totally agree with this one, If evolution must be taught then the other possibility must also. Wisconsin huh?

This is good news to me!

Wisconsin district to teach more than evolution

GRANTSBURG, Wisconsin (AP) -- School officials have revised the science curriculum to allow the teaching of creationism, prompting an outcry from more than 300 educators who urged that the decision be reversed.

Members of Grantsburg's school board believed that a state law governing the teaching of evolution was too restrictive. The science curriculum "should not be totally inclusive of just one scientific theory," said Joni Burgin, superintendent of the district of 1,000 students in northwest Wisconsin.

Last month, when the board examined its science curriculum, language was added calling for "various models/theories" of origin to be incorporated.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This has already been posted, edsinger.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-11-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It is about time. I was wondering when they were going to do away with that evolution nonsince. Thanks for the news.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
whoops, double post

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
This has already been posted, edsinger.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry didnt see it......I was just excited to see it and wanted to share!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I hear this is also taking place in a Western State, does anyone know which one?

Wisconsin is a blue state? WtH?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
All i can say is
, doing that your teaching your children Philosophy and not science, I believe man was created with a purpose mind you , but teaching creationism is philosophy and not science.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I find it strange that educators would be upset with another theory beinng taught. Do we not want to encourage new independent thought? If it is faulty will it not fail. Why do they fear something they they think as foolish? Personally, i would prefer if they did not teach creationism here in Wisconsin provided they do not teach such foolishness as Evolution. To teach that they have to ignore Newton's 2 law. Notice law not theory. Darwinism is just another religon like any other. Based on a belief not facts.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I hear this is also taking place in a Western State, does anyone know which one?

Just because the state is "blue" doesn't mean that people aren't religous there, I spent quite some time in the midwest and can say that i felt people there were very religous..................and really heavy drinkers

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy

Originally posted by edsinger

Just because the state is "blue" doesn't mean that people aren't religous there, I spent quite some time in the midwest and can say that i felt people there were very religous..................and really heavy drinkers

Yes I know, I lived in the Midwest most of my life....I drink also...but not heavily...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think any knowledge that may be offered in the real world and is within reason of the childs age they should be allowed to learn it so they dont make a mistake and stumble into something by mistake and not have the information they need to make reasonable and safe descisions.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I WONDER HOW MANY TIMES we have to talk about this SAME evolution vs creationism subject with new inane threads that are only put on to rack up points or stir the same argument that ends up in vicious name-calling.

NOBODY says Creationism doesn't deserve a voice. Christians need to learn about it. And of course, lessons like this belong in Sunday school where they can be properly taught by those trained and fully knowledgable about the subject.

I just wish people would reuse the dozens of their own old threads about this subject before creating new ones.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

"should not be totally inclusive of just one scientific theory,"

Since when did creationism become a science? or a theory? It is a belief at best.

Theory: A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested.

Science: The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Delaware is pushing to start teaching panspermia. That life came from space.

Evolutionists fear the idea of compitition with creationism because ANYTHING looks good next to evolution. So expect them to introduce more and more 'theories' to try to confuse the choices as creationism makes headway.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wisconsin has been slowly shifting to red over the last 15 years. Mainly blue in Milwaukee and Madison. Go up north where all the paper mills and factories areand you get into Red country. Of course the people up there are not highly educated since most just get HS diplomas and go to the factories or raise families. Up there they think I am a sort of Einstien

The biggest problem with evolutionists is they don't even want to discuss other ideas of creation, many are taught not to even think of evolution as a theory but as fact.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
How long does creationism take to teach? Class 1: God created the universe, the Earth and everything on it. Err, that's it. That's not really going to take up much of the term is it?

It certainly shouldn't be taught in science classes, as it is clearly not a science, whether you believe it or not. I think it would be perfectly legitimate for schools to discuss it in philosophy classes though.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Delaware is pushing to start teaching panspermia. That life came from space.

Panspermia , interesting I like learning new things I might just check it out doesnt mean I will believe it. I am just curious about something new to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well the issue is that evolution is the ONLY one taught, never should it not be taught but give the others equal time so the kids can make their own choice,

evolution is just a theory, creation has just as much validity....more so in my mind as evolution has so many holes that you can hear a cricket fart from inside it........

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Posted this in the other thread but seeing as there's still two...

By Edsinger
If evolution must be taught then the other possibility must also.

Why is the Christian creation theory viewed as the only alternative to evolution?

It is the theory of a religion. If the Christian creation theory is to be considered another possibility then so must the creation theories of the rest of the world’s religions. The version from the Hindu Puranas for example? The repeating cycles of Buddhism? Or the pagans Great mother? Why stop at religions? What about the many versions from ancient cultures? Surely being closer to the creation the stories should have all the more significance? Aboriginal Dreamtime? Native Americans emergence from the underworld? Ancient Chinas Phan Ku and the cosmic egg?

Would the Christian creationists advocate joint teaching of all these beliefs and theories that in terms of possibility are on a par with their own? I doubt it.

The reason Christian creationists would most likely give for the teaching of their particular belief above the others is that their culture, history and laws are based on Jeudo/Christian beliefs. Realising that, they must also realise that therefore the teaching of creationism has nothing to do with education, and everything to do with pushing their own religious dogma.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
when christains needed more converts the incorperated paganism with with their traditions and now they are trying to do the same thing with science by trying to put their psudo science in classrooms

with science theorys are subject to change as new facts come in however with this christain psudo science its not open to new facts and thus cannot be apart of a real scientific process of reasoning.

<<   2  3 >>

join