It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cigarettes - Need Brand Recommendations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hey All -

I'm a failure at quitting smoking - I just keep coming back to my Marlboro Reds at a pack a day. That said, I must quit smoking ASAP since my little kids have got fully on my case, and frankly paying nearly $10 a pack is too much, I'd like to use that money for other stuff.

So, I've arrived at the conclusion that it's time to try e-cigs as an alternative to smoking, but I know very little about the topic and have been told by a friend that the quality/make/brand make a huge difference in the success of using e-cigs.

Here's where I need help from the ATS gang - I need recommendations for a high quality brand of e-cigs that ATS members have had success with, or members who know someone who has had quitting success (

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Just quit.

It's literally all in your mind.

Trust me.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ive been using this:

www.e-kingdom.co.uk...

For about 2 months, its takes about a week to get used to using it but the effects from it are like stopping smoking.

There is no smell, my throat has cleared up no coughing you only breath out water vapour.

I never had it but it also stops yellow fingers and teeth as there is no tar either.

My taste has come back and my tongue is pink, rather than white.

I'm still experimenting with the liquids though to see which one I like best.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

you know, how often you need a fix?
this is because the chemicals run through your system very rapidly,
this means that rehab is pretty nasty, but its over as quickly...

mental addiction and habits are a whole different case,,,,
-chocolate-

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
double post
edit on 5-6-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Oh I know it's in my mind, but for some reason it's just not simple with me - it's become part of my identity. First thing in the morning before coffee - cigarette. Before bed - cigarette. And all day long, a pack a day.

reply to post by roughycannon

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you're having success with that brand and your body is returning to normal - I'll check it out. Also, are there other brands you've tried that haven't worked? I ask because I can pick up e-cigs just about anywhere, but they seem cheap or not like they're the most effective models.

reply to post by solve

I smoke a pack a day, but it seems like I may be needing more lately, which is also a concern. I've done cold turkey before, and the rehab was nasty, but for some reason as soon as I felt great - like a week later - I started smoking again - I celebrated with cigarettes.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So glad you have decided to quit! I switched to ecigs 2 years ago and have never looked back. If you are smoking reds at a pack a day, you need to start off with a 1.8% or 18 mg level of nicotine or the ecigs wont fight off your cravings and you will still experience withdrawals. I have tried all kinds of brands, but my favorite so far have been the V2 ecigs, at least for the batteries. www.v2cigs.com...

Their batteries have lasted me for about 4-5 months each and have been the longest lasting batteries that I have found. For the refill liquid, I buy local and get it a lot cheaper, but the v2 flavors are pretty good as well. If you do get a refill liquid, be sure to remove the cartridge from the battery before filling it. If you get the liquid into the battery, it will fry it.

Once you have been strictly on ecigs for a few weeks, you can try to wean down from the 1.8% nicotine to 1.2% and so on. Good luck!

~OkieDokie

ETA: If you go with V2, make sure you opt for an automatic battery instead of manual unless you want to be pushing a button every time you take a drag. I find the manual quite annoying so thought I would point that out.
edit on 5-6-2013 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

Sorry, another thing I thought of. If you by from v2, use discount code evape15 for starter kits and evape10 for any other purchase from the site. It you buy from a different company online, check for discount codes because most of them have some form of online coupon, especially for the starter kits.
edit on 5-6-2013 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Where are you located? I like unique brand e cigs. They are local to me and have several stores around here which is nice. They have probably the best ecig product out there that I've tried too. After using it for a week I've had no desire at all to go back to regular cigarette. In fact regular cigarette smell grosses me out now. It's all about finding the right flavor of fluid.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Newport 100s

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I *JUST* Got my new E-cigaret in the mail.
It's amazing.

Prior to this, I had bought one from a gas station- very cheap one- and that by itself helped me quit for 6 months.

Check out GreenSmoke brand.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This one is pretty damn good. but a pain in the but when you're out in public.

This thing right here, is amazing. It is about the same size as a cigar, and has a cap so it looks like an oversized pen when not using.

Both preform great, and I'd probably by more than one mod if I was you.

They take and ejuice in a bottle, and the refill tube, (clearmizers) are see through so it's easy to see what you have left.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Water and will power is all it takes.
Finding something to do with ones hands helps.

The main discomfort should pass within 14 days.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I get it believe me.

You have the power to stop though.

As soon as you provide yourself an excuse why you cannot, you WILL not.

The discomfort is not even that bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

My wife uses this brand. They have all kinds of flavors and a charger kit and everything you really need to get yourself started.

Blu E-Cigs

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

One of the best

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh I feel for you!

I am sitting here with a 25 mg nicorette patch on and a nicorette inhalator beside me lol.

Me and my partner quit together 10 days ago! I was smoking about 30 a day and more at the weekends. Its sooo hard but we are sticking with it.

I find the combination of patch and inhalator really good, i didnt like the e-cigs. We get the nicorette free from the chemist so its really handy. Good luck and stick with it! day at a time!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This kit is basically what finally got me away from the "cig-alikes" and cigarettes. Well that and a higher nicotine content. I needed two batteries so that one could charge while I was using the other. I have had no problems with anything that I've bought from that company. If you're looking for a name that is recognized in the vaping community and might be more reliable than the generic batteries you could go with this. Scroll down to the Vision Spinner 130mAh batteries and then under "Cartomizer" I would go with the Vision 2.0 Clearomizer.

I was a pack a day smoker (Camel full-flavor, filtered) and started with 18 mg nicotine e-liquid. I still craved the cigarettes even while I was puffing away on my e-cig. I switched to 24 mg and the cravings FINALLY went away. So definitely try the 18 mg to start out but maybe have at least one small bottle of 24 mg just in case. Buy your e-liquid in sample packs, you don't want to be stuck with 30 ml of something that tastes like the south end of a north bound dog. Almost a year later, I've stepped down to 12 mg and am perfectly content with vaping.

Don't focus on finding an e-liquid that tastes like a cigarette, it really won't happen. The closest I came to that was Torque 56 from a company called Halo and it tastes nothing like burning tobacco. I mostly vape drink (tea, coffee) and fruit flavors now. Halo is one of the more expensive e-liquid companies but well worth it imo. Another one I like is House of Liquid. There are so many options when it comes to the e-liquid it can make your head spin at first. I'll be happy to help in any way I can, just shoot me a pm.

One last bit of info: PG is propylene glycol and is the flavor carrier component of the liquid. VG is vegetable glycerin and that is what delivers the plumes of vapor. It also adds a bit of sweetness to the liquid. Some companies allow you to set the percentages of PG/VG in the liquid that you order. I personally use a 50/50 mix but that's all up to personal preference. Some manufacturers don't even tell you what their mix is if you ask.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Look up ego pens. My best friend, mom, dad, boss, five or six coworkers, and many more have literally quit smoking cigarettes because of epens. Good luck with your future! I can tell you from experience it just takes a pen and some will power. It's still money but not as much. And not bad at all

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Hi There!

I understand. Smoking for 25 years. Its hard to stop. Really hard. One day my chest started hurting and I just felt really aweful. I would have a smoke and then regret it, but then I would have another smoke and then I would regret it again. Repeat, repeat. I too said it was time to try the e-cigg. I ran across a product called Totally Wicked. You can look it up online. I find this to be the best and cheapest way. It doesn't look like a cigg, which is good because you really want to get off the cigg thing. It is MUCH cheaper than anything else out there.
Once I started on the totally wicked nicotine dispensary system (thats what we call it, again getting away from the ciggarette thing) I haven't smoked a cigg in 2 months (thats when I started, so I'm still a newbee) I don't desire a real cigg AT ALL.
So, check it out, give it a try and the best of luck to you!! I love it!!! I can breathe again!! OH, and my chest doesn't hurt anymore either.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I smoked for 24 years. I think I "quit" cold turkey about four times and hated myself every time I picked it up again. My longest quit was a little over one year and when my dad passed away (due to COPD) the stress pushed me right back to it. I was an idiot. A weak idiot and I knew it but couldn't stop myself. I proceeded to try to quit again this time using those nasty lozenges that burned my mouth and throat. Then my husband and I decided to try e-cigs and one month after making that decision I was able to walk away from the cigarettes. I had a few backslides (out at the bar drinking with friends who were smoking...a few puffs off of their cigs and I almost gagged but would try it again a month later....like I said, I'm a weak idiot, lol). I've gradually stepped down from 24 to 12 mg and I am thrilled with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join