It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Zombie students thrown off flight for keeping cellphones on (Thumbs up!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
GOOD!!!! I bet they were trying to google the captains words to see if he was lying.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Cell phones never actually disrupt any equipment in the cockpit of these planes. You can ask any professional heavy pilot.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Has it occured to anyone that this may have been some form of symbolic statement against the over indulgence of cellphone use and the "teenager with their head down in the phone"?

I think not responding to the pilots and crews request was a deliberate action meant to highten the sense that people in their phones become unresponsive zombies.

Or I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon4m05
Has it occured to anyone that this may have been some form of symbolic statement against the over indulgence of cellphone use and the "teenager with their head down in the phone"?

I think not responding to the pilots and crews request was a deliberate action meant to highten the sense that people in their phones become unresponsive zombies.

Or I could be wrong.

Yes you are wrong. Its a bunch of spoiled rich kids on a field trip doing a group prank

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
lol alrighty then.

*trips while walking away*

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by canucks555

WOW...... the picture of a circle group holding phones, when was that taken?

Looks so 2002

funny thing was i thought the same exact thing lol

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Way to represent your school.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is something that I have thought about for a while, if mobile phone signals were such a risk to an airplane, why would they allow people to bring phone onboard? Why do they insist that you put your phone away?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rich76

I'm guessing the same reason why they want you to turn them off around medical equipment and such. If someone's life depends on the proper functioning of a piece of equipment, they probably don't want anything, regardless of how low the risk may be, from disrupting it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Respect goes a long way in a small cabin. Wouldn't it be awesome if the plane company could call the teens' phone companies and get their account suspended for those infractions, or at least confiscate the phones until after takeoff? I wish that could happen with the texters on the freeway too.

Brings a new meaning to being grounded. Spoiled brats need a lesson about courtesy to the driver.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
A plane full of spoiled brats got exactly what they deserved. Had I been on that plane I would have been clapping and cheering as they were thrown off.

I go out for some dinner and I notice other families sitting together and either the kids, the wife or the father have their stupid faces buried in their Iphone. It's a perfect example of the end of times.

Not a word to their family. No discussions, no "hey Billy, how was school today?". Nope, just a bunch of sheoplized zombies bobbing their heads up and down like puppets on strings. It's pathetic really. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
100 rebellious teenagers...I would of kicked them off too...maybe over the ocean
ok that last one was a joke.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
give them all work detail cleaning up trash in orange jumpsuits and see how funny they think they are then

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I hate the damned things...

I no longer have one, 'cause I ain't that important. I get very tired of having to listen to half a conversation about what he said, or she said; usually profanity laced.

Or having to repeatedly ask a customer questions because they're too busy texting/yakking, whatever to pay attention to the world around them.

Zombies, indeed.

Good on the airline.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The real reason for turning off the devices is so you will pay attention to the safety instructions, and so if there is a problem during takeoff, they don't have laptops and dvd players sliding all over the cabin.

There really is ZERO chance of it affecting the airplane. Check snopes if you like.

Then again, that's why I bring a good old-fashioned BOOK on the plane to entertain me.... Don't have to turn that off.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join