It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Zombie students thrown off flight for keeping cellphones on (Thumbs up!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

A group of about 100 high school students travelling from New York to Atlanta were thrown off a flight, along with their chaperones, after the pilot and crew lost patience with some kids who wouldn’t sit down and put away their cellphones. The teenagers, all seniors at the Yeshiva of Flatbush, in Brooklyn, were ordered off the AirTran flight around 6 a.m. Monday as it sat at a gate at LaGuardia Airport. AirTran’s parent company, Southwest Airlines, said in a statement that flight attendants asked passengers several times to take their seats and put their mobile devices away. The airline said that when some didn’t comply, the captain repeated the request. When that didn’t work, either, the whole group of students was ordered to disembark for safety reasons, the airline said.

“Preliminarily, it does not appear that the action taken by the flight crew was justified,” he said in a statement.

www.cbc.ca...

Imo that's awesome, there's something unwholesome these days about a teenager with his head down in full "text" mode, 24/7, let alone 100 of them...On an airplane..Good on the Cpt. and Crew to enforce the rules. Kids these days are getting sucked in by the "companies" that sell these "cell packages" like a corner thug deals crack to junkies. It's as though they're all in a trance these days. They are zombies.

Zombie kids! put the crack down, you look stupid! You're getting sucked in! Dumb cell phones! Dumb Cell phone companies! Dumb Cell Phone company feel-good advertisements and stoopid slogans!
BLAH!!!

edit on 5-6-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see no problem with kicking disruptive people off the plane.
Weren't these kids taught not to do this sort of stuff.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think the uproar was over the fact that "some" of them weren't engaged in idiocy.
"Collective punishment"
Happens

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Personally, I’d rather they stay on their phones…

That way I don’t have to talk to them or listen to them.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Quite agree with your comments on kids and mobile phones. They don't seem to have anything else in their lives, other than portable / non portable computer games....

Where I live, they don't even pocket their phones, they have to walk around holding them, and be continually fiddling with the damn things....sad, they seem to be some sort of addiction. Their lives revolve around their phones.

......Or am I just getting old and intolerant ? ....Maybe.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

WOW...... the picture of a circle group holding phones, when was that taken?

Looks so 2002

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
When you get on any flight your told to turn-off any electronic devices because they may interfere with the normal operation of the plane. I for one don't want to die in a plane crash because some dumba$$ kid won't listen. Serves them right.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They don't seem to have anything else in their lives, other than portable / non portable computer games....

I'm not suggesting that they don't have "lives"

I think texting incessantly looks stupid and is rude.
But again, that's just my opinion

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thumbs up for kicking them off. I would have been so annoyed with this group. We were all there at one point and some are but they are just immature little jack asses, lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'll bet they had their heads down and fingers a-tapping even whilst exiting the plane.
I'll bet they were "oblivious" on the tarmac

"wha?"

duhhh

click click click

huh?

when we leavin?

click click

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
One student said they were targeted because they were Jewish.

Uh no..

It's because you were not listening.

‘They treated us like terrorists,’

That's what happens when you break the rules on an AIRPLANE.

-This story is actually becoming quite entertaining..

more:

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

WOW...... the picture of a circle group holding phones, when was that taken?

Looks so 2002

2 funny!

I agree with the op. It's not only kids though most adults are just as bad if not worse!
The thing that I don't understand is how people text while driving.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The two sides of the story are spinning drastically different tales. Would be nice to see the input from fellow passengers.

Man, the wife and I are TRYING to teach my stepson about the whole phone thing, but he seems to feel the need to have himself wired to it 24/7. Mostly for music, but c'mon man? Or, he'll want you to indulge him and listen to his music...some is alright, most is crap, but then if you try and get him to listen to what you like, he'll nod, but then halfway through stick his earphones in. Dude! Really?

My wife can sometimes be as bad though. The other day, I'm eating dinner, we've got some TV on in the background, just something light, nothing requiring attention. I look up, and everyone else is on their damn phones. Seriously? I take out my phone to send a text, answer a call, make a call, or take a photo...occasionally to look something up, but that is it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Invited a gurl over for a flik that I rented a few months ago.
Head down, texted through the whole thing, I mean THE WHOLE THING!
I was doing the sideways glance thing, rolling my eyes thinking really??
She was 100% oblivious..
Never invited her back.

PS she stayed the night...So it wasn't like she was trying to be anti-social, she was just a zombie..
Cell phone junky..

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

One student said they were targeted because they were Jewish.

REALLY?

Uhhhh…NO, you were targeted because you’re a large group of obnoxious kids who flagrantly ignored repeated warnings from staff attempting to enforce a 20 year old FCC ban that everyone knows about!

This is exactly why I said I’d rather they keep their head down and click away silently; this is the kind of garbage that comes out of their mouths. I like travelers who shut up and read...no loud conversations, no screaming, no horse play, just shut up and get where you're going!!

[BTW> I like the RANT thread because I'm a grumpy old bastard!]

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seabag your avatar doesn't suggest that you would be a grumpy 'ol bugger

Well, maybe just a little bit...lol
Unfortunately it's the new "way"
When I was a kid we would have to work to maintain relationships. Bike over to a friends, build a fort in the woods, hat off at dinner time.
The corporate system is suggesting to these young people that they will only be popular if they have the latest gadget. The kids believe it. It's sad.
Zombies!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Good slap on the back of the ear would help but i bet when they got home it was " no mammy it wasn't me it was jimmy" tut i'd still have got a slap anyway.
edit on 5-6-2013 by ballymoney50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I went to that school for 11 years. Sounds like our shenanigans.I had my parents in the principal's office on the regular.
Alot of the students are admittedly spoiled rich kids, but a hundred highschool seniors and two chapperones? What did they expect would happen?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
They really tossed in the religion card...

They'd be better off using the race card.

Honestly, no one really gives a crud for 'their' religion. When was the last time, this decade, when a Jewish person was singled out by an American corporation? Can't think of any that resulted in a guilty verdict..or any that stuck with MSM or GLENNBECKMEDIA.

Just gives into the stereotype that a lot of us already believe. That being the 'Me' generation are a bunch of dumbasses. Twitter and FB your rants...no one cares.

...real people do them on forums...where those who don't care will dissect your post line by line and post links to prove you are wrong to the 10th power.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

My one sister literally has panic attacks when she gets in trouble and loses her phone.. It seems certain that these devices can be very addictive to kids.

Didn't Einstein say "I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."

Seems like we're getting real close to that.. .Probably exactly what the PTB want.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join