It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Time Someone Tells You That Immigrants Are Destroying Our Country, Show Them This

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am latina born American, but I am also a victim of illegal immigrants stealing other peoples identity, one stole mine and left me now with a mess of debt to fix.

Yes I got a big problem with illegals and I know exactly what their impact on our nations economy they have, because I am now paying for one of their messes.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Yup. I agree. It has nothing to do with immigrants being bad or undesirable people. it has everything to do with the long tern economic impact and to a lesser extent the long term social impact.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by 200Plus

Originally posted by 200Plus
I have to wonder how many of the champions of immigration have illegals for neighbors...........

I lived in Phoenix for 15 years and I've now lived in New Mexico for almost 15 years. I can't say if my neighbors in any of the places I've lived have been here illegally, but chances are, some were. In any case, I've certainly had my share of interaction and observations of them. And I'm speaking specifically of people from Mexico. Some were less than pleasant, while some were wonderful people who contributed to society and the economy and loved this country. Exactly like the people who were born here.

Of course if you individualize these cases there is no problem. I am referring to the issue of illegal immigration from a generalized perspective.

It never benefits the host country in the long run. History is filled with examples of this. Spain in the 1500's when the Muslims migrated there would be a prime example of a country falling from a world power to one of mediocrity until the expulsion of the foreigners.

Its happened it Germany, in Britain with the Saxons......Sweden.....the list goes on and on.

So going by your logic then we all should get out and just give the country back to the natives?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Historically, Military conquest, be it genocide or forcing the conquered into a vassal role, has little to do with immigration and the economic and social ramifications thereof.

That is to say, would you think that Japan at the end of WWII and still to a small extent today, as a vassal of the US, has been seriously economically affected by population demographics resulting from the conflict? What about the US and Japanese populations here?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Spain in the 1500's when the Muslims migrated

You do realise the Moors had conquered Spain for 500 years right?

Here is something also about Saxons who basicaly created the Kingdom of England, you really do not seem to have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Which natives though? First nation? First men? Clovis migration? Pre-Clovis migration?

I never know why we stop the finger pointing at 300 years? Why not go back all the way?

Everyone immigrated.

But you do cause an interesting comparison. Unchecked immigration didn't turn out well for the people here before the English

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

Spain in the 1500's when the Muslims migrated

You do realise the Moors had conquered Spain for 500 years right?

Here is something also about Saxons who basicaly created the Kingdom of England, you really do not seem to have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

Yes of course, the point I was trying to make is that an influx of immigrants changes the dynamics of the host country.

For better or worse but it does change it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Your fact sheet is leaving out the statistic that the majority of income earned is sent back to the country of origin.

Their income is insignificant compared to the JOBS they help create. The JOBS for American citizens. You didn't read the information from the link, did you? It was talking about how immigrants (legal and illegal) create JOBS here in the US. Not how their personal income adds to the economy...

If your view was correct than having total open borders would be the ideal way to go but as history shows us, illegal immigration has never been positive.

If the borders were open, there would be no such thing as illegal immigration, so your statement makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Your fact sheet is leaving out the statistic that the majority of income earned is sent back to the country of origin.

Their income is insignificant compared to the JOBS they help create. The JOBS for American citizens. You didn't read the information from the link, did you? It was talking about how immigrants (legal and illegal) create JOBS here in the US. Not how their personal income adds to the economy...

If your view was correct than having total open borders would be the ideal way to go but as history shows us, illegal immigration has never been positive.

If the borders were open, there would be no such thing as illegal immigration, so your statement makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense.

If undocumented immigration is such a boon to the nation than it follows that not controlling it is the way to go.

That is based on your argument.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yes of course, the point I was trying to make is that an influx of immigrants changes the dynamics of the host country.

For better or worse but it does change it.

You've gone from "It's illegal immigrants who are a problem" to "immigrants change the dynamics of a country for better or worse"... There's no argument that immigrants change a country. Many times for the better.

Citizens change a country too, though - for better and for worse. Change happens.

And marge, MANY legal American citizens steal people's identity.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Sadly is most of the time for the worst, specially if the host country no longer can keep accountability for the economic impact of illegal immigrants on the working class of the host nation.

let no forget the crime rates and imported poverty.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Don't let stuff like statistics of crime rates and welfare hogging fool you. Don't believe me? Well hold on a second while I disregard your argument completely and shout "RACIST BIGOT" at you.
Still not convinced? Here's a cute girl and her poem about racism and intolerance.

What? You're using your brain and not your heart and emotions to think? Well in that case JUST SHUT UP while I blame your ancestors for taking part of something you took no part in.
[/extreme sarcasm off]

There's not going to be any useful debate between people that base their whole argument around the fact that whenever someone is mentioning a certain race or people, he is a dirty racist therefore everything he says is invalid, even if it's all fact checked and validated.

You might not see it now, but with all of that forced multiculturalism you're pushing for, you're actually contributing to an unavoidable clash of cultures which will end in a huge bloodshed and hurtful sights.
You just cannot force people to get along with eachother no matter how many little girls with poems you show them. Unfortunately for you, us, them, and everyone, reality is much harsher than a girl and her poem.

I live in a country that can be considered a '3rd world country' and I simply cannot understand how anyone in a developed country can support the notion that illegal immigrants will be better off for everyone. It gets even better when I find out they don't even have any valid point to raise other than calling everyone who don't agree with them a racist or a bigot.
edit on 5-6-2013 by InstantRemedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InstantRemedy

Isn't it also interesting that there seems to be little or no mention of the illegality part of this. Not only is illegal immigration a slap in the face to legal immigrants it seems to me a bad thing for someone going to a foreign county to make their first act be to break the law.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'm glad you brought that up. I agree with that point. A good friend of mine from Indonesia recently immigrated to the US. He isn't Muslim and so was a second class citizen in his own country. He's a software engineer and does a lot of programming for heavy industry so his skills are more or less in demand. After two years and ~$20,000 in legal fees and other costs, he is now a US citizen. He's glad to be a US citizen and is even more glad to be over here regardless. A common topic of discussion between us is illegal immigrants and how he says he would probably be financially better off if he came here illegally, not only because of legal fees, but also because of taxes, social security, and a host of other reasons Its something to think about. Illegals certainly do upset legals.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

But this thread isn't about illegal immigrants. Or it wasn't, before the "I hate illegals" crowd spoke up and changed the subject.

There is a large anti-legal immigrant movement in this country that speculates LEGAL immigrants take their jobs. This is what the video in the OP addresses.

Anti-Legal Immigration Group Makes Ad Buy For Conventions

An anti-legal immigration group is out with more ads this week -- this time aimed at young voters -- targeting politicians from both sides who support allowing more legal immigrants into this country,

The ad released Tuesday by NumbersUSA features a young man rapping -- a press release calls it "light, humorous rap lyrics about his jobless predicament" -- and asking why the government lets in legal immigrants when so many recent college graduates are out of work.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes they do but I already know that it was a 'male" and illegal, now the IRS is on my husband and I arses because the debt this delinquent illegal crap of a man did with my SS and the sad thing is that while I am left to fix his crap he gets to walk free.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

To talk about immigration at all means to acknowledge and talk about both legal and illegal immigrants. They are inextricably linked.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have a problem with illegal immigration. I don't think they are destroying our country and especially enjoy the different foods. Living in south Texas, we have a large Hispanic population and I have nothing but admiration for the guys who are already at work building houses before I even leave for work and are still out there working long after I've come home, showered, ate dinner, etc. All in +95F temperature with 100% humidity.
Anyone who works that hard to provide for their family should be applauded.

The problem I have with illegal immigration is that it's not only hard workers seeking an honest living who cross our border. It's drug dealers and gang bangers who are crossing too. And we have enough criminals here already. We certianly don't need any more.

It's so frustrating when I (or people like me with similar views) get labeled a racist. I want to close the border, not to stop brown people, but to filter out the undesirables.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

The problem is that if the undesirable get filtered then how the government can keep financing the "war on drugs".

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

An idiotic video. You want to the truth regarding what immigration does? Why not take a look at Malmo Sweden.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I'll never understand why people will turn a blind eye to the truth and instead accept a pretty lie when it comes to this. ISLAM IS DESTROYING EUROPE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join