It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law in Indiana giving the green light to kill a cop!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I found this on a thread in my student forum section of my school blog, I simply copied and pasted this for I dont have time to look into it. (walking out the door for work) I look forward to reading the outcome of this when I retun home.

-copied post-

"So I have been pondering on this for the entire day now, and I cant help but say something. A law in Indiana which was previously in place is essentially giving the green light for a citizen to kill a cop if they unlawfully enter there house or property. Reuter/Vincent West (2013) wrote, "Govenor Mitch Daniels a Republican, has authorized changes to a 2006 legislation that legalizes the use of deadly force on a public servant- including an officer of the law- in cases of "Unlawful Intrusion". So here is my issue with this, the general public do not educate them selves enough on the topic of Constitutional law to know truly what we can and cannot do. I think that this law that has been put into place, is going to be the "green light" to kill a cop and have an excuse. This law in my opinion was poorly though out, and is going to be the cause of cops getting killed. I truly hope that when this unfortunate event happens the State of Indiana, and the law makers that were in favor of this are held accountable for the murder of an Officer. By this law going into effect the general public is truly going to believe that if the police even show up at the front door without a warrant it is going to be ok to shoot and kill the officer."

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If they unlawfully enter my house, they are now committing a felony which will cause them to lose their status as an LEO anyway. Me shooting and killing them is justified int that situation. Cops need to obey the laws just like we do.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

i think that if you did shoot a cop , warrant or no warrant the cops are going to kill you .

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If this was to happen you know darn well the cops would go through hell and back to throw you in jail. Saying what you did was uncalled for and the officer was not posing a threat to you or your family. They would more then likely win in the long run.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
deluded.
LEO's carry evidence wherever they go. They will make sure the civi that shot a cop will die and the evidence that they were justified breaking down the door will be planted.

Need audio and video on all cops and cruisers now. The kind that is sealed and can't be conveniently erased.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill

i think that if you did shoot a cop , warrant or no warrant the cops are going to kill you .

Me, I'm ok with, my health is not gonna get better and I understand this.
I worry about my wife and dogs.
"They" love to shoot dogs.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill

When the cops do anything illegal there's a good chance the homeowner will end up dead anyway. Better to go out fighting or preferably winning.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You
I found this on a thread in my student forum section of my school blog, I simply copied and pasted this for I dont have time to look into it. (walking out the door for work) I look forward to reading the outcome of this when I retun home.

-copied post-

"So I have been pondering on this for the entire day now, and I cant help but say something. A law in Indiana which was previously in place is essentially giving the green light for a citizen to kill a cop if they unlawfully enter there house or property. Reuter/Vincent West (2013) wrote, "Govenor Mitch Daniels a Republican, has authorized changes to a 2006 legislation that legalizes the use of deadly force on a public servant- including an officer of the law- in cases of "Unlawful Intrusion". So here is my issue with this, the general public do not educate them selves enough on the topic of Constitutional law to know truly what we can and cannot do. I think that this law that has been put into place, is going to be the "green light" to kill a cop and have an excuse. This law in my opinion was poorly though out, and is going to be the cause of cops getting killed. I truly hope that when this unfortunate event happens the State of Indiana, and the law makers that were in favor of this are held accountable for the murder of an Officer. By this law going into effect the general public is truly going to believe that if the police even show up at the front door without a warrant it is going to be ok to shoot and kill the officer."

deadly force

top topics

join