It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Use Travelocity or Other Services?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I want to plan a trip to the beach, but money is tight. I've seen all the commercials for Travelocity, Hotwire, etc. has anyone actually used these companies with success? I'd hate to book a hotel and find it infested with...well, with anything.

Hopefully someone has some advice for a newbie. I can do the digging on my own, just looking for personal experience and opinions.

As always, gratefully yours...

smylee

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I've checked out a few travel sites and have found that I have better luck booking cheaper flights directly. I never have to book hotels as most travel is to visit the hubby when he's working off somewhere so I just stay with him for free. Fortunately his boss likes 4 and 5 star hotels!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have used Orbitz to book a flight. There are many scheduled departures and landings at different prices. You can also add a hotel and rental car. If you need to check on hotels without room crude, look at the bedbug registry, there are many listings there from people's experience with different hotels all over the country.
edit on 4-6-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Unfortunately, not one is best. Since some airlines are on one, but not the others, it's best to check them all. Personally, Kayak is one of my favorites. But again, it doesn't have everything. Also check the airlines directly, too. Yeah, a pain.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have had a bad experience using on of those site. When I when to check into my motel room, the clerk said I had to pay the difference because they hadn't authorized the advertised price on the site I used. Being in a city that I didn't know and on a tight budget,I was forced to pay the difference instead of fighting it.

For the most part, working with the company directly gets you the best price. The farther ahead you pay, the better the price.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I've used Expedia and Priceline with no issues.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! We aRent flying, just need accommodations. I appreciate the advice.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Use TripAdvisor to check out hotels where you are going. Tons of reviews and pictures.

If you find a hotel, I would check the price on Travelocity (I use it all the time) and compare it to the hotel's price on its home page. See if it is a deal or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Smylee, if you're just after accommodation, booking.com is best... It's the only one I ever use. Mostly because for most of the accommodation you can just provide a credit-card guarantee, you don't pay until you check out...

Great if you're on a budget and can't afford to stump up the full room price straight-away

Forgot to say, they also have a best price guarantee, you really can't go wrong using them.
edit on 5-6-2013 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join