It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 people disappear from Mexico City bar; relatives seek answers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I would recommend some people watch the movie "Man on Fire". It stars Denzel Washington, and the plot line is centered around the kidnapping trade in Mexico City. It details the corruption of Law-Enforcment and politicians, as secret groups and cartels pretty much control things down there. VERY good film. Anybody interested should look it up.

edit on 4-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Interesting updates on the CNN site. Now, they were forced into a van, and the crime scene has only minor drugs present, and no fingerprints or signs of forced entry or a scuffle. While kidnappings are common, they aren't in this area, so pretty brazen, even for the Cartels. Since it's been about a week though, and no ransom demands, it isn't looking good for finding them alive.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

alot of people dissapear in Mexico city

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

pretty much what goes on down in Mexico except their is no denzel to save the day

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

Haha. No. No there is not.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here are some quotes from another article; which I think may be very telling.

Link:www.nydailynews.com...

(quote) "More than 26,000 people have disappeared in the past six years as ultra-violent Mexican drug cartels battled over turf and narcotics smuggling routes.

Some, including the Los Zetas and Sinaloa cartels, have become massive organized crime syndicates engaging in kidnapping-for-ransom, extortion, prostitution and human trafficking.

The missing bar customers are all from a tough downtown neighborhood called Tepito, where residents say there has been a wave of recent kidnappings that could be related to organized crime." (unquote)

I am thinking what is said above...probably is what happened to those 11 people.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Unfortunately it's at the point where retaliation can hit anyone and everyone REMOTELY connected to drug cartels and their enemies.
For example:
Eleven people kidnapped and missing? Maybe one of them was the second cousin of someone who's best friend didn't pay up...or "whatever" They didn't know who exactly it was, only that they were there, so take everyone :/
It's vague how it works sometimes and it's a shame that the Mexican people (God knows that the cops are useless) can't deal with it.
edit on 4-6-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'm confussed where the number 26,000 is coming from. Between 2006 and 2011 I'm finding between 50k and 70k since 2006 and then see that through 2012.

articles.latimes.com...

justiceinmexico.files.wordpress.com...

Are they saying 26k missing and not yet confirmed dead? I feel like I've been in a cave because I was not aware cartels made videos of chopping people's heads off or pouring acid on them. I knew they did it but not that they flaunted it. Ruthless people. If they can do this I can see why seeking the publics help in finding the Marine who disappeared or even these 11 people is futile. I wouldn't mess with going to the police with information. Hate to say that but those images are terrifying. Other than the suffering of these people what bothers me the most is the justice dept knowing where they have infiltrated in the United States.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well I think those people are already being tortured to death. What the cartels are doing in Mexico is just beyond staggering. I really hope they made it quick (but we all know they probably didn't).

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If it is cartel related, I'd expect to see it on this site

www.borderlandbeat.com...

Haven't come across anything that looks related to this incident yet...

It's a great site for all info related to the Mexican Drug Cartels activities.
edit on 4-6-2013 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

If you scroll down this page a bit, you can see the kind of gear the Los Zetas get around in. Scary stuff.

freeacuna.blogspot.com.au...
edit on 4-6-2013 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Another curious question, just what was a 16 year old kid doing in a nighclub, during the morning, anyhow?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Another curious question, just what was a 16 year old kid doing in a nighclub, during the morning, anyhow?

Must be legal because when I was in Mexico my 16 year old was offered cocktails everywhere we went.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't even think there is a drinking age in Mexico...
(there is, it is 18, but it just isn't enforced all that much, apparently)

Still, just odd one that young would be in such a place in the morning.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It appears 3 people have been detained in these disappearances. Wouldn't it be amazing to see them found safely? Or have this actually go somewhere.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 5-6-2013 by Dianec because: Because wrong link posted

top topics

<< 1   >>

join