It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I won't worry about it until I hear about it on National Television."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This was someone's response when I told them about the landfill fire encroaching upon a radioactive waste site in St. Louis, Missouri.
(story here: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Such is the mentality of so many people. Honestly, this attitude says: "In MSM We Trust" and is why they carry so much weight in Presidential elections.

"Network News won't report this until they have all the facts".....Knowing that by the time the MSM has all the facts and reports the story it will be after the situation has become a disaster. This person wasn't even familiar with the word "Fukushima" and she is a TV News junkie extraordinaire. Last year I tried to have a conversation with an attorney about Reactor 4 a he never heard of Fukushima either.

People are dumbing down because they make no effort to think anymore. They have the mindset: "I saw it on TV so it must be the truth."

I know the people at ATS know better, but we live in a world that waits for the MSM to feed them there manure and they eat it as their favorite candy.

If you have young children it you your job to help them learn to think by teaching them to question what they hear. The younger the better.

TV has become Big Brother. It tells you everything you need to know.

edit on 6/2/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I suppose that's actually a fair compromise compared to what I hear more often,

"I won't worry about it until it's affecting me!"

Whatever happened to compassion and "love thy neighbor" and all that good stuff? Some people are just not very empathetic. It's sad, but it's a fact of life.

edit on 2-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I have the same problem with my folks.

I try to keep them informed about all nonsense going on, but they don't want to hear it. They say it's scary and they don't like to think about it.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I suppose that's actually a fair compromise compared to what I hear more often, "I won't worry about it until it's affecting me!"

Whatever happened to compassion and "love thy neighbor" and all that good stuff?

edit on 2-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

"Love thy neighbor?" It directly opposes the TV God's subliminal message: "it's all about me."

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
"it's all about me."

Have you ever heard of "the bystander effect" ? Basically, this psychological study shows, "it's all about me."

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I occasionally bring up certain topics whilst at work with the boss and I always bring up something that he didn't 'hear' on the telly. He struggles to believe me but I have seen him googling during lunch to try and confirm what I was saying.

He says, he doesn't trust any news that doesn't come from the BBC!

I always say the opposite..

It can be very frustrating having a convo with a robot...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Isn't this the same way our President finds out that he's up to his neck in s***? He hears it on the news "at the same time we did"? You're fighting a long and proud tradition. This is how America became the great nation it is today....

top topics

join