It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food after the Global Meltdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My prediction is that shortly after the world economies collapse there will be 7 billion people rushing into the woods to eat everything that crawls, walks, swims or flies.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

edit on 6/2/2013 by jiggerj because: doublepost

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Could you imagine a thousand pound worm?
How about a two hundred pound krill?
COOL

Are you suggesting we are going to have a global collapse, eat everything out of existence then create a new race of human feed for the few that are left?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What is interesting is that there is already a global meltdown starting. So yeah... this is kind of relevant. I heard that insects actually are very efficient with their protein content. On another note, money won't have value, except as firestarter. Blankets are good... etc.
edit on 2-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If the population is going to be reduced from billions to millions then maybe todays communities will work together in the countryside.

Its not hard to maintain the flow of events on a farm when it comes to basic crops.

So, there will always be food; as long as selfish people are kept on a leash.

Selfish 'i want everything' people must not be allowed to raid every farm whilst it brings in its' summer produce for storage.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I doubt it! After the Global meltdown we will most likely see Anarchy!
We will probably see our government release either chemical or biological agents to reduce the population!
They would need to do this to make us more manageable! We would see people going to the stores to try and horde whatever foods they could acquire! They would probably do this with fuels and any other valuables that might be necessary to ones survival!

Though this is all my opinion, I believe that this would be quite similar to how things might be!
I doubt there would be seven billion people rushing into the woods but I do agree they would most likely attempt
to get out of the cities! I doubt hunting would be on their minds though! They would however arm themselves!
We would probably see much violence, fear, panic and insanity! Order would totally degrade as soon as the
police and or military presence evaporated along with the realization that money is useless and the only way to acquire anything would be through barter or force! This might take days, months or even hours depending how fast the economy degrades!

We are only civilized as long as the majority conforms to order and it wont take long before fear and panic eliminate order! I know a lot of people believe that anarchy is some kind of good thing that will eliminate the
elitist hierarchy but it will also eliminate our civilization and create a society where might makes right! Where only those that are well trained, strong and well armed have any chance at survival! Eventually we will see another hierarchy emerge after the struggle for survival develops back into an organized society and this one might be a hell of a lot worse off then what we have now! Maybe we are better off with the devil we know!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

I doubt hunting would be on their minds though!

Everything you wrote is a frightening possibility. Except for the hunting part. What would seven billion people eat if the system totally broke down?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

ugh... Im goin Vegetarian...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Could you imagine a thousand pound worm?
How about a two hundred pound krill?
COOL

Are you suggesting we are going to have a global collapse, eat everything out of existence then create a new race of human feed for the few that are left?

I couldn't find the pic, but I remember seeing an African worm that looked just like the worms we know in the U.S., only it was 12 feet long and thicker than a Boa. It could feed a family of four for three weeks. OH Gawd, I think I'm gonna
!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jiggerj

You will eat your baked night-crawler pie and like it!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jiggerj

You will eat your baked night-crawler pie and like it!

I want a black beatle, no I want lizards, I want potato bugs, I want a cockroach...

You will get nothing and like it.

Caddyshack

edit on 9-6-2013 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2013 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm going to eat Bankers and politicians...I hear they taste like chicken.

top topics

join