It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish police run over protesters with a truck!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
Against my better judgement I am going to post again in this thread here it goes......

be careful here when you combine two words that are opposed to each other you create an oxymoron "better judgement"

Even if this man did not die there is nothing funny about another human being suffering. It really is that simple. We have been brainwashed to think violence is make believe and some how funny. Parents across the world have failed to teach simple life lessons like empathy and compassion for others.

there is not qualifying it ---the man did not die.

the only people who should use the word we are kings, editors and people with tapeworms.

Race issues are very touchy and subjective in nature. That is all I will say about the race issue here.

perhaps i can profile the idiot who got sprayed with water---he works for the police and he was providing a simulated target so the water cannon operator could calibrate his aiming point.

This thread in a way kinda shows just how lost the basic connections between people are.
edit on 2-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

no it kinda does not.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is completely off-topic, feel free to report me and I'll take my medicine.

It just dawned on me that this thread has 67 flags!
There are threads dealing with significant issues, generating serious conversation and thoughtful comment, with 5 flags. What in the world? Oh well, there are millions who adore Honey Boo-Boo. I suppose I just don't understand.

I just wish some of those posters would have offered a comment or two. I'd even be delighted to have SubTruth and Corruption Exposed come back and comment. I don't see ATS as a forum for shouting, and drive-by shootings. I guess my expectations are out of line. I'll try to adjust them.

In a feeble attempt to bring my comment back to the topic, does anyone have an idea for alternative methods of mob control? I thought tear gas and water cannons were pretty much expected at protests nowadays. In some videos (besides this one) it seems as if people try to get gassed or soaked. It's sort of a badge of honor and 15 minutes of fame. There always seem to be dozens of cameras around.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It sure looked like the guy was hit pretty hard. I couldn't tell if he got up or not? I saw the video of the man being shot in the face with a water cannon and about fainted! Can't see that there is ANY WAY that man could have lived from that attack. All for punching an armored vehicle AS IF he could hurt an armored vehicle with his fist. But those good ole boyz in the truck, boy, they really showed HIM didn't they? I bet they were laughing about it... hahahahaah... got em in the face... that'll learn him. It never ceases to amaze me how cruel and inhumane people can be toward one another. No heart for their fellow man. Super sad.........
edit on 2-6-2013 by ladytamatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
He should not have hid behind that structure but still reckless by the Turkey government forces.Have to use better judgement when people riot and protest.This muslim protesting thing seems to be spreading.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladytamatha
It sure looked like the guy was hit pretty hard.

not really most of his response was acting, like WWF matches.
perhaps. looked to me like excessive drama. a stunt man playing to the camera

I couldn't tell if he got up or not?

the op cut that part of the video off, the man gets up and leaves

I saw the video of the man being shot in the face with a water cannon and about fainted!

so you ABOUT FAINTED? I call BUL* SHI* on that.
sounds to me like you are an actress who plays
it up for the camera or the listening audience by
telling exaggerations which are nothing but lies.

Can't see that there is ANY WAY that man could have lived from that attack.

of course not the video was prematurely ended showing him lying (no pun intended) helplessly and "DEAD" on the sidewalk.
This was done to perpetuate the original lie in the OP about DEATH.
This is done to evoke unwarranted emotional outbursts of sympathy for a cause or a person, so transparently manipulative of the poster or the press who ever it was that cut the tape/video, very deceitful and disingenuous
usually only poor progressive liberals fall for this kind of emotional reasoning.

All for punching an armored vehicle AS IF he could hurt an armored vehicle with his fist.

he kicked it as well

But those good ole boyz in the truck, boy, they really showed HIM didn't they? I bet they were laughing about it... hahahahaah... got em in the face... that'll learn him. It never ceases to amaze me how cruel and inhumane people can be toward one another. No heart for their fellow man. Super sad.........
edit on 2-6-2013 by ladytamatha because: (no reason given)

you are making a lot of assumptions in these last sentences. and you are aware of what assumptions are right?

edit on 3-6-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

He should not have hid behind that structure but still reckless by the Turkey government forces.Have to use better judgement when people riot and protest.This muslim protesting thing seems to be spreading.
A couple of questions, if I may. Why was it reckless? The police saw a barricade and moved to knock it down. The operator saw no one. Surely, you're not suggesting that the operator should have climbed out of the cab and walked behind the structure to check, are you?

Concerning better judgment. I've asked others without a response. What do you do? If you rule out water cannons and rubber bullets, and batons for beating people, what's an effective option?

I'm not sure why you see it as a Muslim protest. I could be wrong but I think it's been described as a protest against replacing the park with buildings.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's sad to see anyone get hurt while protesting in a 'normal' way (no fire bombs, guns, masked attacks).

But, they did want change - now they must live with it.

The first video looks like the driver stopped after he realized he hit a person. The third video, that guy asked for it with open arms.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by SubTruth

Your posts are a mystery to me.

Abdul faces reality is kinda racist don't ya think.

Are you saying the name "Abdul" is racist? Again,
I picked a name at random from what seemed to be a common name in that part of the world. I knew he wasn't called "Wilberforce." I don't get your point at all. Who am I supposed to be racist against? What name would you have chosen? I'd be happy to insert that if I have time to edit.

Abdul a common name in Turkey? I think not, nice try though.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Heres something I wrote to another thread:

Protests are against islamicization of Goverment, so Majority of Turks are now protesting for continuation of Secularity....erdogan has a bery big ego, non- erdogan voters have been harresed by his goverment for 11 years since they took the office. So it was inevitable that these days were coming, especially after he harresed the founder of this country because Ataturk brougt secularity to this country. This was the breaking point for majority of us Turks. And like this is not enough, erdogan(notice you cant spell it without "dog") gave speech to tvs yesterday still underestimating and harrasing his own people. Since the day he was first elected in this country, we knew he wasnt fit for this country. If he still doesnt back down from his harrasing speeches, ı'm afraid things will indeed get out of control more and more maybe leaving army with nothing but unwanted interferance. Coming days are crucial. Ohh ı'm not even mentioning the police brutuality. Here in Turkey we call police , erdogans army force. Understand this: these people and Erdogan goverment have problem with secularity, they want Turkey to be like arab counrty ruled by religious laws. But this is not what we are, research our history because some people are ignorant of us still thinking we are arabs and using arabic alphabet. Ofcourse Turks are muslims but we are not radicals like rest of the arab world.

So this is whats really happening here

And why is this Goverment is loved by Obama Administration? simple, do their dirt work in the middle east. Look how erdogan has been threating Esad for so many months, look how our seriously our idiot foreign minister is in the wet deeam of bringing ottoman back.... We all know that US doesnt back any administration in any country if there isnt anything in it for her. So, we know can see why erdogan goverment was chosen( ı wont even talk about role of US in elections) 3 times in a row to rule Turkey, no goverment was ever this close to US. Remember the so called ERGENEKON operations to remove anti-US generals and personell from army. So world needs to overcome from choosing corrupted goverments, which seems impossible for whatever reasons ı cant know.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Wow a personal attack, sorry to offend you so.

No I'm a truck driver, and you can clearly see the people standing around that tarp or gate he should not have gone through it.

It's called common sense, you should try it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
These Islamic countries NEED dictatorships.

Islam = "submission". Adherents to this brain rot superstition must be subjugated for them to act even remotely like humans. Once the shackles are off, they maul each other (and anyone around them) like rabid pitbulls.

The West knew this for a long time and installed the Husseins and Qaddafis for this very reason. But with the "Arab Spring" ousting these tyrants, the lunatics have been let loose to run these asylums.

The most prudent thing the West can do (but won't
) is to throw all its military expenditure and know-how into developing an alternative to fossil fuels (or, at very least, to source the stuff from somewhere other than these desert cesspools) and then leave these Neanderthals to devour each other. Because rest assured, moslems left to their own devices will extinct themselves faster than a meteorite did the dinosaurs!

After all, it's the nature of the dogma: you die- you get paradise. What more incentive would a moslem need to exit this "infidel" fraught existence?!

edit on 3-6-2013 by FromMyColdDeadBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There were government officials in Egypt driving their cars through crowds of protesters during the Arab Spring. It may be premature to say that this new event was intentional, but it would hardly surprise me if it was.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Here's the deal. You riot, you put your life at risk. You are up against response units with water cannon and big heavy vehicles. In riot situations, accidents will happen. The guy "ran over" was hiding behind a barricade. There was no way the driver could have seen him. The idiot begging the water cannon operator to shoot him, got his wish. A great shame that he died - but really - he was pushing his luck, attacking the vehicle etc.

The simple message to would-be rioters is: If you want to stay alive, stay at home.
edit on 3-6-2013 by IBelieveInAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat

...yet you throw around the term "racist" and are unable to explain why. I did not see any comments Charles made as racist. See terms like racist, islamophobe, homophobe, and hate are psychological buzzwords which have been overused. Why have they been overused? The terms in the modern era are used as weapons to suppress opposition to political correct thought. Political correctness is nothing but tyrany with a smile.

Perhapes you could have said that Charles comments were inappropriate as they make light of a very serious situation. Great. Pulling the race card and then saying, well I can't explain it to you (paraphrase), is kind of a cop out. Don't de-evolve to PC, if you have something to say....well say it.

ETA:
Looked like the guy with the tarp was able to limp away, like others said. The guy with the water cannon...ouch.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

I almost never throw around the term racist in fact this might actually be the first time I have used it at all on ATS. I consider the statement the other poster used Abdul faces realty as kinda racist.

The other poster said that they had no idea what race was involved..........why would they choose Abdul? Why not mike or jimmy?

I rally against political correctness almost daily on ATS so save me the lecture.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

I don't play the pick a post apart game going line by line making cute little comments that add nothing to content.

I will say it one last time I found it disturbing that members would find this event funny. That is it really who cares it is just a opinion. And all opinions are subjective.
edit on 3-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

Originally posted by charles1952

Your posts are a mystery to me.

Abdul faces reality is kinda racist don't ya think.

Are you saying the name "Abdul" is racist? Again,
I picked a name at random from what seemed to be a common name in that part of the world. I knew he wasn't called "Wilberforce." I don't get your point at all. Who am I supposed to be racist against? What name would you have chosen? I'd be happy to insert that if I have time to edit.

Abdul a common name in Turkey? I think not, nice try though.

Ya why not Steve or Nick? The best part was when that same poster said they had no idea what race was involved.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
So my brother is going to Istanbul next week. Should he cancel?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens
Here's the deal. You riot, you put your life at risk. You are up against response units with water cannon and big heavy vehicles. In riot situations, accidents will happen. The guy "ran over" was hiding behind a barricade. There was no way the driver could have seen him. The idiot begging the water cannon operator to shoot him, got his wish. A great shame that he died - but really - he was pushing his luck, attacking the vehicle etc.

The simple message to would-be rioters is: If you want to stay alive, stay at home.
edit on 3-6-2013 by IBelieveInAliens because: (no reason given)

Wars can not be won by staying home.... Rights can not be earned with staying home and playin playstation.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Dear Chuck,

Your posts are always so difficult to answer to as you pick each member's post bit by bit and misrepresent what the poster said and deflect from the actual meaning of their post while trying to make yourself seem intelligent (it's not working in my opinion, in fact I believe it has the opposite effect as no one is buying your racist/bigoted fueled attempts to trivialize this incident).

Please don't ask for an example as other members have called you out in this thread and your post history also tells an interesting story.

In the nicest way possible, I am calling you a spin doctor. You got called out on your racist/bigoted remarks that were also laced with insensitivity even if they were not racist/bigoted...no human deserves what happened to "Abdul" yet you laughed about it then tried to play innocent and portray yourself as the victim once you were asked about your insensitivity...trust me you fooled no one other than the fools.

Regardless of your opinion on "Abdul" and how he deserved it for "hiding" that does not excuse the driver's actions as there were CROWDS of other PEOPLE running from this truck as it raced towards them at a very high speed who also almost got hit.

"Abdul" may have been "hiding" but the others were not and were in clear view. The driver did not start slowing down until he rammed "Abdul".

Those of you who are justifying this really need to watch the videos again.

If you pay close attention (it's not that difficult to do) you will see other humans running away from this madman behind the wheel of the "truck" as "Abdul" gets rammed...but it's okay right...he limped away so it's funny and belongs on "America's funniest home videos", same with the guy who ate pavement after being sprayed with the high pressure hose

Perhaps it would have been funnier if the rest of the protesters who escaped waited a second or two more and they would have also made the blooper list as human bowling pins?

I expect a long drawn out response from you Dear Chuck where you dissect each of my sentences yet none of your words will have any substance pertaining to what I actually said.

Warm regards,

CE.
edit on 6/3/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

the individual that charles was referring to as abdul was the guy that got water sprayed.

Dear Corruption Exposed,

...in this post I'm referring to the last of the three videos.

To me, this should have been on America's Funniest Videos, or perhaps Abdul Faces Reality.

you spewed a lot of words by going off half cocked in your response to lecturing charles and you did not even refer to the correct of the three videos you posted.

you also spouted off a lot of words about the death of the protester and then we find out that he is alive.

corruption exposed, maybe not, but i did expose the fact that you do not know all the facts before you waste oxygen about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join