It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish police run over protesters with a truck!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Its non stop.. just found more updated pics.

imgur.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What an interesting post you've just made.

It is rather ironic that you accuse me of blindness and ignorance when mirrored to your response.
Are you really interested in name calling? Really? Consider the names thrown at me in your thread. They are far worse than "blind" and "ignorant." Some have even been removed.

Regardless of the guy "hiding" as you say he was the driver was still speeding towards a crowd of human beings...
Perhaps rewatching the video would be of some help to you. The "crowd" consisted of three people, two of whom easily walked or jogged out of the truck's path. The other one, who had to stand up before he could move, also got away. How fast was the truck "speeding?" Ten miles an hour?

Even the thread headline:

Turkish police run over protesters with a truck!

There is no indication that even one protester was run over, much less plural. Also, that wasn't the headline on your source article. It appears you made it up, why was that? Certainly not to draw posters, or inflame and misrepresent a situation. So, why?

I remember in your OP you said:

Opinions often differ so I am prepared to be "corrected" and perhaps someone can provide some information that will enlighten me as for why this driver's actions should be justified as accidental.
If you need an explanation as to why the driver came so close to the man crouching behind the opaque, green cover, it has been provided. The evidence you yourself offered shows that the driver most likely did not see the crouching protester, therefore, accident.

Ok, you're "prepared to be corrected?" Well, you've been corrected, so why not just admit it? Or is it time for someone new to call me a racist?

Come on man/woman, lose the attitude, the only person you are impressing is yourself

edit on 2-6-2013 by charles1952 because: Add material

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
**** Erdogan and his sadistic hoard of thugs

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
More information from one of the protesters blogs.

BLOG LINK

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BornOfSin

I don't get it. Help please. When I clicked on your link there were two posts from 2012 about the death of the blogger's grandfather. All the rest were older. What was I supposed to see?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by charles1952

Wow your comments are way over the top and racist.
I am all for freedom of speech but you are just plain stupid and that is giving you more credit then you deserve.
My buddy Chuck has a wonderful Vocabulary, and writes like a Poet.
Pretty words and Prose though, doesn't hide the Ugliness of his deep seeded Christian Racism.
Funny though, Wasn't there a phrase like "Judge not, or Ye Shall be Judged"
edit on 2-6-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Hey! Glad to see you're still up and around. Thank you very much for the compliment.

My buddy Chuck has a wonderful Vocabulary, and writes like a Poet.

Darn nice of you, although I don't see it myself. Am I really your "buddy?" I didn't know that. Well, then, let's have a buddy to buddy conversation.

the Ugliness of his deep seeded Christian Racism.
Funny though, Wasn't there a phrase like "Judge not, or Ye Shall be Judged"
Hey, buddy. Sorry to say this, but ain't you the one doin' the judging? It sounds like it, but I sure could be wrong.

Well, buddy, sure sounds like you gotta big gripe against me. In fact, it sounds like you wanna whip my *** (you know what I mean). But 'fore we get this dance started, don't I get to know what your beef with me is all about? That's only fair, ain't it?

So, I'm a racist, and you seem to think that bein' a Christian racist is worse then one of them there ordinary racists. Seems a mite unfair to the Christians, what with you holdin' 'em to a higher standard and all, but we'll let it go.

Last time I heard, if you wanna be a racist, you gotta hate some race. Buddy, that there is where we part ways. I don't hate no race, and I got nothin' against them fellows in the videos. Sheeeet, I don't even know what race those old guys are a part of. I don't hate 'em. Shucks, I don't even remember sayin' anything bad against nobody's race.

Well, buddy, what I don't get is how come you're so steamed at me. Afore you start swingin, I'd sure like to know what burr you really got under your saddle.

So, buddy, let me know, and if you still want to dance, well, Ok with me. Bur remember, we gotta watch out for them Sheriff's goin' around callin themselves Mods.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Last time I heard, if you wanna be a racist, you gotta hate some race.
Buddy, that there is where we part ways. I don't hate no race, and I got nothin' against them fellows in the videos.

If that is indeed the case, that hatred of the West is the motivator, then pulling out of Afghanistan, the entire Middle-East, or even the world, will not stop Islamic Jihadi attacks. Perhaps the only solution is crushing force, but I'm wide open for another, realistic solution.
www.abovetopsecret.com... "Crushing Force"?
I believe your finding Humour with the Water Cannon Vid, in this thread has Exposed you , to Others.

Chuck Buddy, Perhaps I crossed a Line with You, and that is a a Shortcoming on my Part.
For their are two things I dispise about my Fellow Humans...Apathy...and Hypocrisy.
Mind you, I do not find you Apathetic at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

To me, this should have been on America's Funniest Videos, or perhaps Abdul Faces Reality.

With respect,
Charles1952

Did you hear the pop? That was the mans head hitting the concrete, he no doubt suffered a TBI and if he survived he will probably spend the rest of his days in a vegetative state. Funny huh?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Chuck Buddy, Perhaps I crossed a Line with You, and that is a a Shortcoming on my Part.
For their are two things I dispise about my Fellow Humans...Apathy...and Hypocrisy.
Mind you, I do not find you Apathetic at all.

They're= contraction for they are
their= possession
there=location

incorrect use of words is indicative of apathy or low intelligence, two things that i loathe in fellow ats'ers
edit on 2-6-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Dear Tw0Sides,

My apologies, I owe you a serious reply. Please let me know where you find fault with it. I'm honestly willing to discuss it openly. Peace and strength to you and your family.

If that is indeed the case, that hatred of the West is the motivator, then pulling out of Afghanistan, the entire Middle-East, or even the world, will not stop Islamic Jihadi attacks. Perhaps the only solution is crushing force, but I'm wide open for another, realistic solution.
It may be very true that I write in an odd way. Forgive me and let me translate.
"If the Islamic Jihad wants to destroy the West, whether the West pulls out entirely or not, then to defend the West we must fight. Winning a war quickly, using full strength, is a better choice than spending decades fooling around chasing guerillas all over the world. But I really want there to be some other solution. Does anyone have one that stands a chance of succeeding?"

I believe your finding Humour with the Water Cannon Vid, in this thread has Exposed you , to Others.
Maybe it has exposed me to others, but exposed me as what? In the West, and I thought the world, when a man slips on a banana peel and falls, it's seen as funny. When a man boasts to a friend "Watch me make this amazing basketball shot from this trampoline," then jumps on the trampoline which tears and dumps him to the ground, we find it funny. When we see a man pouring gasoline on wood to start a fire, then he pours more, we say to ourselves "Enough." But when he pours more and more, we start cringing because we know what will happen. Then he turns to his friend and says "Watch this, bet you've never seen anything like this." he tosses in a match, the thing explodes in fire, and we watch him running and jumping into a pool, a sizeable proportion of us laugh.

It's called slapstick humor, with pratfalls. The Three Stooges were known for it. It shows up in cartoons all the time. Have you ever heard of the Darwin Awards? They're given, as a joke, to people who do incredibly foolish things, and often don't survive them.

I don't know about other people, but I don't hate innocent people of any race. If the guy in the video was hurt, I sympathize with his pain. But when he so clearly asked to be squirted, then was, I'm afraid to admit I do see some humor, however childish. But hatred? No, I don't see that in me. But there may be, and I'm counting on people to point it out to me, so I can fix it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by SubTruth

Wow your comments are way over the top and racist.
I am all for freedom of speech but you are just plain stupid and that is giving you more credit then you deserve.

What this man did does is not a reason for him to be killed. Learn some empathy it is sad you did not learn it at a young age from your parents.

On ATS it's OK to be racist against Muslims, that has been the case for some time.

Get used to it.

Muslim is not a race. If that's a proper statement, then on ATS it's DEFINITELY okay to be racist against Christians. That has been the case for sometime.

Anyway, to me, in one of the videos it kind of seems as though the police in the water canon truck couldn't see the guy crouching down behind those partitions or whatever they were. On the other hand, I'm sure they didn't care about making double sure there wasn't anybody around before they just took off at full speed.

I saw some pictures earlier of some protests that are going on over there, and the crowds were so thick it reminded me of New Year's Eve at Times Square here in the United States!
edit on 2-6-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by SubTruth

Also your comments were very racist. Try and spin that one for me.

Spin it? I don't even understand it.
How does race enter into this? I don't even know what race the people involved in this are.

Charles,
That's liberal for I don't have a point.

edit on 2-6-2013 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

there looks to be some World Wrestling
Exaggeration in the Victims back flip
like he is putting on the style for more
sympathetic effect and drama.
he acts like a stunt man.

compare to the three people who were
sitting and got sprayed with the same
cannon from the same distance as the
stunt man actor.why weren't they
scattered all over the sidewalk like loose pool balls.
edit on 2-6-2013 by slugger9787 because: pool balls.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Against my better judgement I am going to post again in this thread here it goes......

Even if this man did not die there is nothing funny about another human being suffering. It really is that simple. We have been brainwashed to think violence is make believe and some how funny. Parents across the world have failed to teach simple life lessons like empathy and compassion for others.

Race issues are very touchy and subjective in nature. That is all I will say about the race issue here.

This thread in a way kinda shows just how lost the basic connections between people are.
edit on 2-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat

Also your comments were very racist. Try and spin that one for me.

Spin it? I don't even understand it.
How does race enter into this? I don't even know what race the people involved in this are.

Charles,
That's liberal for I don't have a point.

If you read my past posts you will find I am anything but liberal. I rally against anything progressive and consider myself a old school conservative.

Men like Jefferson,Adams,Washington,King are my idols and role models for life.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Dear jeramie, siberbat and slugger9787,

I can't thank you enough for your comments. I was becoming convinced that I had stepped into Bizarro World. Your comments are probably the only thing preventing me from checking into an institution.

Dear SubTruth,

Ok, Ok, I give up. I won't argue with you. You're right. Now that that's settled, would you please, in the name of all that's good, tell me which race I'm racist towards? Don't you think I should at least be told?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

...yet you throw around the term "racist" and are unable to explain why. I did not see any comments Charles made as racist. See terms like racist, islamophobe, homophobe, and hate are psychological buzzwords which have been overused. Why have they been overused? The terms in the modern era are used as weapons to suppress opposition to political correct thought. Political correctness is nothing but tyrany with a smile.

Perhapes you could have said that Charles comments were inappropriate as they make light of a very serious situation. Great. Pulling the race card and then saying, well I can't explain it to you (paraphrase), is kind of a cop out. Don't de-evolve to PC, if you have something to say....well say it.

ETA:
Looked like the guy with the tarp was able to limp away, like others said. The guy with the water cannon...ouch.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I've found your posts extremely entertaining. Although I am sympathetic toward any in a 'police' state or something similar, the videos in the OP are clearly an attempt to bring people to look at this thread. Video one as you said I don't think the truck could even see the person, Video 2 I also agree with you and the phrase comes to mind 'Don't poke the bear.'. So in short your being very rational and not 'racist' at all, usually racism is an attempt to side step the larger questions at hand. You also made a valid point about people doing stupid things and it being funny, although I don't find either video funny, in a different context it could well be as you pointed out. Take care and don't fret this is usual criticism on here which I'm sure you're fully aware. I'm sure many who are also sympathetic for starving children in Africa cry about it as they throw away countless left overs.
edit on 2-6-2013 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Dear NoJoker13,

I thank you for your kindness. If I had an overriding goal in this thread it was to deflate the idea that the videos were proof of an overwhelmingly brutal and sadistic police force. Not only does that kind of hyperbole make any discussion impossible, it raises the emotional level of normal people to the point where they can no longer think. As I think this thread shows.

Dear NoJoker13 and cripmeister,

A discussion of whether my humor is appropriate may certainly be worthwhile. Perhaps I've seen too many episodes of America's Funniest Videos, or perhaps I am twisted. Even with that admission, I refuse to accept the charge that I'm laughing at traumatic brain injury. That charge is baseless and irrelevant. What I laughed at was the fellow begging to get hit with a water cannon, and the police obliging.

We do not know if he hit his head, it is just as likely that the sound was his back hitting the ground. We do not know if he was injured, or, if so, how severely.

If you'll forgive me for using yet another example?

One man in a group of men whistles at a nearby woman. She turns and hit a man with her purse. Unfortunately, she hits the wrong man. In this case, all the men and spectators would burst out laughing. No one would stop to issue a judgment on the unfairness of the woman's action, or worry that the struck man may have received a concussion and is dying from a freak injury to the head. Everybody laughs at the slap, worrying about the other stuff comes later.

Of course I sympathize with serious injury, I also laugh at the events that led up to his begged for soaking, which, after all, were all we were shown.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join