It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish police run over protesters with a truck!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Your posts are a mystery to me.

Abdul faces reality is kinda racist don't ya think.

Are you saying the name "Abdul" is racist? Again,
I picked a name at random from what seemed to be a common name in that part of the world. I knew he wasn't called "Wilberforce." I don't get your point at all. Who am I supposed to be racist against? What name would you have chosen? I'd be happy to insert that if I have time to edit.

Also you said you had no idea what race was involved in a later post. Do you still stand behind that comment?
Yes. I don't know what their race is. I'm pretty sure it's not Black or African, but beyond that I really have no idea. Could they be Caucasians from the nearby Caucus (sp?) mountains region? Could they have been Asians? I don't know. Actually, it doesn't make any difference as far as I can tell.

Had this been in Mississippi, I probably would have used the name Bubba.

Would you be so kind as to respond to my second post? I made five or six observations there, and I think you'd agree with some of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Dear God, the title says he died from that, to die from a water blast?

Perhaps from his head impacting the ground?

Did he really die?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What can I say other then I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I do believe your Abdul faces reality comment is racist but there is really no point in arguing back and forth about it. Readers and members can make up there own minds.

As far as this event being staged....?. Maybe? Hopefully it is and a man did not die for kicking a riot truck or whatever it is. Even if he was only hurt I would not find this in the least bit funny as you put it.
edit on 1-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I don't know if the title is true.

I explained the title and that I was unsure if the claims were true.

Hopefully he was alright because that hose sent him flying into the concrete.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Lysergic

I don't know if the title is true.

I explained the title and that I was unsure if the claims were true.

Hopefully he was alright because that hose sent him flying into the concrete.

I second this thought and I hope he is alright. I believe it was excessive force. A blast from that range can kill or cause serious injury.

What a funny world we live in when people find humor in others suffering. Heck even if he was asking for it I would not find humor in someone getting hurt. Call me a soft touch.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What can I say other then I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I do believe your Abdul faces reality comment is racist but there is really no point in arguing back and forth about it. Readers and members can make up there own minds.
Do you really not understand? I don't know what race they are, and I don't know what's wrong with "Abdul." I'm not arguing with you, I'm asking you to explain what you mean.

You say I'm racist. I'm simply asking you for information about your claim. What race are they? What name would have been non-offensive?

As far as this event being staged....?. Maybe?
Again, what are you talking about? I never said it was staged. Please, explain yourself. Don't avoid the issue.

Hopefully it is and a man did not die for kicking a riot truck or whatever is is. Even if he was only hurt I would not find this in the least bit funny as you put it.
"What are a redneck's last words? Hey, Bubba, watch this!" Do you find anything amusing in that? Millions have. What about 30 people in a wedding party walking out onto a rickety dock, only to have it collapse and dunk everyone in the lake? Not even a smile?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear just about everybody in the world,

To show you how insensitive I am, I will say that I am very surprised by your distress.

If I recall, I point out that, at least from the first video, it could have been an accident, which was what the OP was asking for. I further point out that the truck involved is certainly not a panzer.

Also I mention that the individual hit with the water cannon is, literally, begging to be shot with it. I don't see how any of the above can be considered objectionable.

Apparently people are upset over one of two things (or perhaps both). One that the police did shoot him with the water cannon. This seems to be a case similar to that of two brothers. The little one dances around the big one singing "Nyah, Nyah, You can't hit me," over and over and over, and over, until the big one sticks out a paw, and the little one falls flat. If you can't see the humor, or at least the reasonableness of that, we see the world differently.

Or, perhaps, you're upset that he was killed? But was he? All we have is the caption, no evidence at all. I believe deaths from water cannons are rare. Notice, that the clip ends abruptly. There is no one shown rushing to his aid, no blood, no ambulance, nothing. All we have is the caption. Remember, the caption was also where we learned that the police were using panzers.

Forgive me for saying this, but it appears that many here have an emotional involvement that may be clouding their judgment. And, no, I won't respond to ad hominems.
edit on 1-6-2013 by charles1952 because: Spelling

You ask was he killed. That is why I brought up this event being staged to some degree. Does this answer this question? I sure hope so.

As far as the Abdul comment you made if you don't see it I can't help you to find it. Also like I said before I guess we will have to agree to disagree. It is just an opinion. I really believe in my signature and ATS name personal truth is very subjective.

Also to the OP I am very sorry that this has gone so far off topic this will be my last post in this thread. I do not want this thread to be a back and forth with no end in sight.......I am sorry OP.

edit on 2-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

damn turks!! i guess if you decide to protest there the truck is your answer. The guy got what was coming to him. Gotta love countries without freedom of speech.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Your posts are a mystery to me.

Abdul faces reality is kinda racist don't ya think.

Are you saying the name "Abdul" is racist? Again,
I picked a name at random from what seemed to be a common name in that part of the world. I knew he wasn't called "Wilberforce." I don't get your point at all. Who am I supposed to be racist against? What name would you have chosen? I'd be happy to insert that if I have time to edit.

Also you said you had no idea what race was involved in a later post. Do you still stand behind that comment?
Yes. I don't know what their race is. I'm pretty sure it's not Black or African, but beyond that I really have no idea. Could they be Caucasians from the nearby Caucus (sp?) mountains region? Could they have been Asians? I don't know. Actually, it doesn't make any difference as far as I can tell.

Had this been in Mississippi, I probably would have used the name Bubba.

Would you be so kind as to respond to my second post? I made five or six observations there, and I think you'd agree with some of them.

The name Abdul is not racist but Bubba is.... There are a ton of Abdul's in Turkey we should know and now i feel like a cannibal because i eat them every year at thanksgiving (i name all of my turkeys Abdul before i put them in the oven.. i think it better than naming them Holstein or feinblat...so many negative connotations with putting a Holstein in the oven and then eating him/them). Seriously Turks are a-holes i bought some 600 thread count sheets from this Turkish vendor that set hit tent by the gas station and when I got home i took the magnifying contraption to them only to discover that they were only 372 thread count... what a bastard!!!! that's the last time i buy $7.36 sheets from a Jewish Turk street vendor by a gas station,,,,which he probably owns.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
when I read about NYtime reporting how good it was to see Shah , Saddam , Qaddafi , Mubarak and other Western puppets fall , I come again to believe once more how west uses people in middle east and what it really cares is interest.

Like it will be tomorrow that Saudi king will be toppled by the people and US govt is trying to ski on the people's blood to get it's interest one way or another.

BTW , I rally don't know why Turkish people were silent that the govt was helping Salafis killing Muslims.

Now they are protesting because govt is destroying a park ?

Does that make sense ?
edit on 2-6-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

P.s. In the first of your three videos, there appears no way the protester could have been seen as he is crouched down behind that green material.

That's a good point, although he was near some other people that the driver would have clearly seen but he chose to drive towards them anyway. There's no excuse for that.

Having said this, the plough on the front of the truck is designed to prevent people falling under the wheels, so the protester would have been pushed aside by it.

At most I reckon he copped a few bruises and grazes; maybe a fracture if he was unlucky. He certainly didn't end up under the truck, so he will be alive and kicking.

I guess hell just froze over, because I agree with Sankari. The plow is designed to push people out of the way. Much like the plow on the front of a train is designed to keep range animals out from under the wheels. (And no, I'm not likening these protestors to animals.) I looked at the truck hit the pile of debris several times. I could not see it jump up, opening the gap under that plow.

I also somewhat agree with Charles. The guy got what he was vehemently asking for. I'll say tho, that he MAY have been killed, or perhaps just blinded, by the face full of high pressure water. I can see (no pun intended) that pressure pushing his eyeballs in. Would it be enough to scramble his brains? Any doctors in the house? Of course, a head knocking the pavement could have done it too.

I remember a story from years back. A guy riding his bicycle, stopped at a red light. Lost his balance and fell over. He was carrying his bike chain over his shoulder, and the lock got between his temple and the road. The resulting blow to his temple killed him.

Shi ... er ... stuff happens.
edit on 2-6-2013 by 2ndthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I've watched that video a few times. It looks like the guy that was behind the dumpster with the long rod got away. If you watch the video closely, he gets back up on his feet to the right of the truck and limps away. The green tarp is trapped under the truck, or am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

why did the DHS just
purchase 7000 of these trucks?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Yes, he got back up and limped away.

He was very lucky not to have been critically injured.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Dear Corruption Exposed,

Edit to add: Sorry, in this post I'm referring to the last of the three videos.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Turkish protests, so I'll say nothing about them. But I feel I can comment on the video you've given us.

A man shouts to get the attention of the water cannon truck, and presents himself as an obvious target. When nobody pays attention to him, he kicks the truck, then gets back into water cannon range shouting (I believe) the Turkish equivalent of "Shoot me, you %^%@, I dare you! Come on *@$*)$, shoot me."

So, they do.

To me, this should have been on America's Funniest Videos, or perhaps Abdul Faces Reality.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. In the first of your three videos, there appears no way the protester could have been seen as he is crouched down behind that green material. At least that video makes me think "accident." Because of the water spray, I can't tell if he got away by jumping backwards or not. I think we can all agree that, unless there's been a huge definitional change, the vehicle is not a panzer.
- C -
edit on 1-6-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

Don't let the fact that it's water fool you. This is high pressure like hooking it to a hydrant. You don't want to get hit by this it will totally ruin you. In this video the man is not only shot in the face with it which is like having a bowling ball shot at your face, but falls straight back onto the back of his head. If he didn't die and I really doubt that he didn't then he wishes he had.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Are you just plain Ignorant or blind? The driver did not know the person was hiding behind the tarp. He knew the two he could see would move or dumb on them if they did not.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndthought

Originally posted by Sankari

P.s. In the first of your three videos, there appears no way the protester could have been seen as he is crouched down behind that green material.

That's a good point, although he was near some other people that the driver would have clearly seen but he chose to drive towards them anyway. There's no excuse for that.

Having said this, the plough on the front of the truck is designed to prevent people falling under the wheels, so the protester would have been pushed aside by it.

The plow is designed to push people out of the way. Much like the plow on the front of a train is designed to keep range animals out from under the wheels.

The plows are not meant for people, what world do you live in? These plows are meant to do what the driver was doing, pushing down barriers that protesters make without any police getting hurt in the process. An armored street sweeper per say.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Um...yeah...no...that was totally on purpose no question.

There is a lot of unrest in nations all over the globe,I wonder when we'll have an American spring?

You need some common sense! How did the driver know the person was hiding behind the tarp? It is people like you who make this world what it is today. I mean really, do you belong to the Muslim Brotherhood or something or are you just that unintelligent?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by kdyam

why did the DHS just
purchase 7000 of these trucks?

Do you have a link for that? I would not put it passed them, because they know they are pissing off just about every American that has common sense and is not looking for a free Obama phone.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Are you just plain Ignorant or blind? The driver did not know the person was hiding behind the tarp. He knew the two he could see would move or dumb on them if they did not.

It is rather ironic that you accuse me of blindness and ignorance when mirrored to your response. Regardless of the guy "hiding" as you say he was the driver was still speeding towards a crowd of human beings...but let me guess...you think they had it coming too?

Come on man/woman, lose the attitude, the only person you are impressing is yourself

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join