It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exercise- EVERYTHING is a Conspiracy!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

I don't accuse anyone of being paranoid or delusion

Yes you do.

Paranoia keeps our delusions revolving

Performing such an exercise with so many variables unknown leads to a paranoid and delusional

Why are you dishonest?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

I don't accuse anyone of being paranoid or delusion

Yes you do.

Paranoia keeps our delusions revolving

Performing such an exercise with so many variables unknown leads to a paranoid and delusional

Why are you dishonest?

I should ask you why are being obtuse?

Read again what you quoted. where am I accusing anyone of being anything.

I am posting my own personal experience,

Let me repeat so you open your eyes and see

I am posting personal experience of thinking or performing such an exercise.

if you still have issues understanding, I apologize but I am not going to paint you a picture.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

by doing this you can also exercise your brain to know that you can do this with anything, and you will use more of a critical mind, that would need more proof, and research because you now see that our minds can create anything out of ... well anything.
Isn't everything the government does by definition a conspiracy? Because they are working together, secretly, and for the most part put themselves above the law. (like Members of Congress are entitled to do INSIDER TRADING! ... they make their own laws)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by yourmaker

You can BUY rubber bands?! Blasphemy!!

Here I was, just keepin' 'em every afternoon when the postman dropped off my mail.

As for "all that money going nowhere" --- that's not a conspiracy. That's just capitalism at work. It's not a conspiracy when everyone agrees to operate by the laws the system orchestrates. That's called complacency, not conspiracy.

~ Wandering Scribe

Yeah I've always wondered why people think its a conspiracy that wealthy/powerful people want to maintain or increase their wealth/power. Just capitalism really. That said i'm sure some are evolved in conspiracies in order to do so.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redarguo

Yeah I've always wondered why people think its a conspiracy that wealthy/powerful people want to maintain or increase their wealth/power. Just capitalism really. That said i'm sure some are evolved in conspiracies in order to do so.
People in the open market trying to compete is not a conspiracy, or, if it is they risk going to prison.

Conspiracies by government officials that are the concern. If a cop kills an innocent person, guess who investigates: the police department.

If the CIA assassinates a foreign leader and something goes wrong, who investigates? The CIA.

Why would lawmakers NOT make laws to put themselves at a better position than regular folks? (They will be re-elcted almost certainly anyways)

Do you really want to close your eyes and give them carte blanche to tax you, exploit your labor, and overcharge you for the services by those government monopolies like water and gas? And one day they may say 'sorry, there is a shortage'. Going to survive without water?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

People in the open market trying to compete is not a conspiracy, or, if it is they risk going to prison.

Conspiracies by government officials that are the concern. If a cop kills an innocent person, guess who investigates: the police department.

If the CIA assassinates a foreign leader and something goes wrong, who investigates? The CIA.

Why would lawmakers NOT make laws to put themselves at a better position than regular folks? (They will be re-elcted almost certainly anyways)

Do you really want to close your eyes and give them carte blanche to tax you,exploit your labor, and overcharge you for the services by those government monopolies like water and gas? And one day they may say 'sorry, there is a shortage'. Going to survive without water?

Like I said (for the most part) that's what capitalism is, wage slave, exploitation, puppet governments. The systems corrupt, capitalism is the root not a symptom of the problem. Many academics have written about this (and much much more) more than 50 years ago

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Like I said (for the most part) that's what capitalism is, wage slave, exploitation, puppet governments. The systems corrupt, capitalism is the root not a symptom of the problem. Many academics have written about this (and much much more) more than 50 years ago

This thread is about Conspiracy, though, not the items you listed.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This thread is about Conspiracy, though, not the items you listed.

It was a repose to the boded parts of your post, ie what you listed

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redarguo[/i

You think the secret services of communist or fascist countries do not assassinate foreigners? You think your labor is not exploited in Russia or China?

To get back to the topic of conspiracy, governments have power, the more centralized it is, the greater it is. What do they do with that power? They use it to increase their own and decrease yours! To prevent you from rebelling they do it in secret, and blame the events on something else, just like any common criminal does.

Because they belong to the same organization, the government, they can collaborate in secret. That is why it is a conspiracy.

edit on 1-7-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redarguo[/i

You think the secret services of communist or fascist countries do not assassinate foreigners? You think your labor is not exploited in Russia or China?

Of course it is but then again that kind demonstrates that they were never communist, regardless if you argue that they were, dictatorship is not something I think I have advocated. Point being that concentration of wealth, resource power is not a symptom of capitalism, it is capitalism. Which has evolved from the British industrial revolution, Empire building to something that is closely resembling corporatism . Yeah I agree that that and what you mention is conspiracy, cabals are by definition, but not in the sense of an Illuminati orchestrating things from behind the scenes.

To get back to the topic of conspiracy, governments have power, the more centralized it is, the greater it is. What do they do with that power? They use it to increase their own and decrease yours! To prevent you from rebelling they do it in secret, and blame the events on something else, just like any common criminal does.

Because they belong to the same organization, the government, they can collaborate in secret. That is why it is a conspiracy.

You are stretching the definition of conspiracy. All governments or groups of any people would be a conspiracy if you applied this standard. One pretty major thing that china and the USSR did not have is separation of powers between the legislator, executive and the judiciary. Each have power (roughly) equal. You are attributing more power to governments than the actually have, at least where I live. Add to that the right to trial by jury and the use of lay magistrates is probably one of the greatest controls on a state, ie its absent in dictatorships.

edit on 1-7-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You are stretching the definition of conspiracy. All governments or groups of any people would be a conspiracy if you applied this standard.
That is correct. They are. Governments are designed to control power. For what purpose? To make people happy? (haha) They are to enrich the owners or those at the top, and, those who work for them (government officials). Show me a government where this is not the case!

You are attributing more power to governments than the actually have, at least where I live.
Give me the name of a country, then I can comment specifically, and I'll show you the conspiracy there. If you are afraid of mentioning the name of a country - why ? Because your country does not want you to be happy, or want you to express an opinion?

Add to that the right to trial by jury and the use of lay magistrates
You are right, this reduces the randomness and enhances the image. But it doesn't prevent them from power and control, as you can see from the fact that these principles are being abandoned in the US now. Gitmo: no magistrates/rights, journalists being secretly surveilled, those who expose government wrong doing are tried for treason. Even political asylum is non-existant anymore because the US is preventing countries from granting it. There is nowhere to escape absolute control.

Yeah I agree that what you mention is conspiracy, cabals..., but not in the sense of an Illuminati orchestrating things from behind the scenes.
What other sense of cabal is there? Conspiracy means: behind the scenes.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Give me the name of a country, then I can comment specifically, and I'll show you the conspiracy there. If you are afraid of mentioning the name of a country - why ?

Scotland if you are interested, not that im not aware of conspiracy theories, I for the most part do not believe them, ie what ever you mention as proof of a conspiracy, many other conspiracy theorists will have opposing truths on the same topic. Take 9/11 for example I have heard theories of "proof" that nukes were used, to thermite, to it was all a simulation. Truth is used very liberally in conspiracy circles that it has lost all meaning to the point its faith. Your jumping to a conclusion before I even answered the question, you want to force facts to fit a pre conceived bias, instead of impartial opinion.

Because your country does not want you to be happy, or want you to express an opinion?

I am free to express an opinion where.

You are right, this reduces the randomness and enhances the image. But it doesn't prevent them from power and control, as you can see from the fact that these principles are being abandoned in the US now. Gitmo: no magistrates/rights,
As abhorrent as gitmo is they are prisoners of war. Its not a recent thing either Britain had similar in the 80s in Norther Ireland, modern anti terror legislation is just an extension of the Norther Ireland prevention of Terrorism Act. I don't agree with the act in principle but there are safe guards in place to prevent beyond of that which is necessary, its periodically reviewed by Parliament, the Courts and independent commissions. Perversions of justice do occur but at the same time emergency powers are needed to stop extremist elements. A nations right to defense will all thrump all others.

journalists being secretly surveilled, those who expose government wrong doing are tried for treason.
As per contract he signed up for if you are reference snoden but fair point in the UK he would probably be acquitted by a jury as has happened in the past, he would be tried under the Official Secrets Act not for treason,

What other sense of cabal is there? Conspiracy means: behind the scenes.

So I guess you do agree with the op that everything is in fact a conspiracy.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Take 9/11 for example I have heard theories of "proof" that nukes were used,

If you want proof then tell the government that they need to allow access to the evidence for independent analysis! Why does the government not provide that?

How do you expect an individual armed with just a computer to provide you any proof? If, I repeat IF, the CIA had JFK killed, what would have stopped them from faking the autopsy report? How can I "prove" that it was faked? How can I prove that super-thermite was used on 9/11? Can I trust that conspiracy website? Or do I need to independently verify their claims?

This is why I find this exercise useful. Maybe those who publish conspiracy theories have a financial stake in them? The point is that we all need to re-examine ALL sources, and how we determine what news to believe. This is labor-intensive, and most of us do not have the time to engage in this. Decades ago it was easy, it was a given, that when something is reported by several news stations you could trust that it was accurate. Things have changed - but I did not realize it until not too long ago.

A friend of mine, very religious guy, who works in construction said to me that "building don't collapse like that". I agreed but why else would that happen? If there is really something wrong why did the Newsmedia not report about the issues? I realized that, either, the media must be part of the conspiracy, or, there is NO conspiracy.

You may believe that everything is as it appears. Nothing is ever hidden. Nobdy would do anything in secret to enrich himself. So why do we even need privacy? More importantly, why does the government need to hide its military projects, its cyber-warfare activities, its CIA plots? Since the media is reporting everything anyways?

Of course, no matter how much you would wish it, this is not human nature. We hide and betray to gain advantage. The greatest advantage in warfare is secrecy. Yes, there are conspiracies (I am not saying everything is). But if there are, and the media is not reporting about them (or downplaying them), then, guess what, they MUST be part of it. When you come to that realization, you may want to do our mental exercise here: a thought experiment, how the media can be, could be, possibly, be part of a conspiracy such as 9/11?

I will just say that I have the answer to that question but that is for another post.

You see, the government has access to the proof. They should provide it. Instead they do a "Commission" that answers no serious concerns at all. It does not allow for questions, or dialog, or independent analysis. Why does the government believe that it does not owe answers to its citizens?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Despite not seeing eye to eye I actually agree with what you post. Im not saying that conspiracy does not exist btw, I just don't see a globalized agenda behind it all. IE The US has interests that are different from Russia.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Despite not seeing eye to eye I actually agree with what you post. Im not saying that conspiracy does not exist btw, I just don't see a globalized agenda behind it all. IE The US has interests that are different from Russia.
...and then it would be benevolent (towards the people of their country). It's on that basis that most Americans (and people in most other countries) accept the perceived reality.

But on 9/11 that changed. On that day "we" (those who then realized that something else was wrong) realized that this reality of American institutions, including the secret ones, protecting American economic and political interests, and by extension the American public, was fake.

Because on that day a third WTC building collapsed (Building 7). There is just no denying that it came down in a controlled demolition. Because some were lucky enough to catch it on video. It was reported on BBC and FOX before it actually happened. The implication is staggering, but undeniable. American institutions have at least assisted (probably masterminded) a plot to kill 3,000 Americans. Btw, court records show that the 1993 WTC bomb was provided by the FBI.

In 1963 the Top Military Commander approved an operation eerily similar to 9/11, look up Operation Northwoods. Only Kennedy rejected it. Vietnam war started because of the so-called Gulf of Tonkin incident. 58,000 Americans died - but the Gulf of Tonkin had never happened.

Now it is not just "conspiracy theorists" who don't trust the US government, not just our enemies like Communists, but even our best allies in NATO who distrust the US government, as well as patriotic American soldiers, journalists etc.

Btw, it took me a long time and a lot of research to see the globalized agenda behind it also. It is up to you if you want to invest that time or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

I don't believe it precisely because I invested the time, a few years back as a teen I believed a lot of what you posted but after closer inspection a lot of the theories just did not stand up to scrutiny.
I'll give you an example how many times you heard that the " fact " that the twin towers fell at free fall speed? which " proves" CD theory. The fact that debris fell faster shows this is false. Conspiracy theory has become an other distraction, its now as main stream as the major news networks.

I shape my world views based on evidence, many CT lack that and are highly speculative, head over to the david icke form and you will see that reptiles are not even the strangest one, you get to the point where the so called awake are the more indoctrinated than the general population, who believe anything that is counter to the official stance, from Aids is a made up disease, all science is a hoax to complete BS like FMOTL. CT has become a business used to sell anything from bunk legal advice to survival bunkers and rations, its beyond a joke.

Because on that day a third WTC building collapsed (Building 7). There is just no denying that it came down in a controlled demolition. Because some were lucky enough to catch it on video. It was reported on BBC and FOX before it actually happened.

Yeah they misspoke a building is / had collapsed hardly a smoking gun, when it had obviously suffered fatal structural damage, they knew it was going to collapse long before it did.

. Btw, court records show that the 1993 WTC bomb was provided by the FBI.

Dont suppose you have a link to said records?

Agree with you on the vid tho. Repeat of Iraq and the fake WMD dossiers, many false flags or provocation has been suggested for Iran. The UK and the US have a sorid history of it through out the world. I don't think you understand, I am not denying these things, the art of war and conquest is as old as man its self. Ultimately the world is in a war for resources, the main players are not in collusion they are in competition. IE since ww2 every country in the world has been preparing for a major conflict, which spawned such perversions as the military industrial complex where war becomes profitable. I think this is pretty much predicted by capitalistic theory, where not only is monopoly on cheep raw materials is needed but also on cheep labor which becomes a resource in its self. Read Marx he could have told you all this in the 1860s.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I don't believe (the 9/11 conspiracy) precisely because I invested the time, a few years back

Why you are on site that discusses a topic you say you have already settled for yourself.

Yeah they misspoke a building is / had collapsed

They foresaw the future by "misspeaking"? All of them?

you heard that the " fact " that the twin towers fell at free fall speed

How many seconds did it take for 2 quarter-mile tall towers to collapse?
How did Guiliani know in advance the towers would collapse?
www.youtube.com...

Aids, Marx and the 20 other topics you mention solely to distract from a serious discussion, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

They foresaw the future by "misspeaking"? All of them?

It was pretty obvious the building was going to collapse before it did.

How did Guiliani know in advance the towers would collapse?

They had fatal structural damage. Its why EMS began to pull out before they did. Why do you think fire fighters evacuated?

You should consider how many people would need to be involved for 9/11 to be an inside job where just one could blow the whole thing. Such CT relies on the government having unlimited power and discretion, they do not. At least in the US.

Aids, Marx and the 20 other topics you mention solely to distract from a serious discussion, IMHO.

Maybe but not on this thread. What is a serious discussion IYO?

No link to the court case that proves the FBI supplied the bomb you mentioned earlier? Like I say CT claim a lot of things.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Isn't everything the government does by definition a conspiracy? Because they are working together, secretly, and for the most part put themselves above the law. (like Members of Congress are entitled to do INSIDER TRADING! ... they make their own laws)

Not really they are accountable to the other breaches of the state ie the executive and the judiciary and vica versa, that's what separation of powers means, each branch balances the power of the other. As prescribed by US constitution.

Last I checked congress was not hidden. A place where a democratically elected legislator debate and vote on law...shocking!

Insider trading is to do whit the sale and purchase of bonds and stock btw.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
Of course, not everything is a conspiracy. Take soap for instance, we could say it is promoted by a society that wants clean people. But hey, I don't see anything wrong with that. Please, everyone, buy your soap. I don't mind it one little bit.

antibacterial soap is a conspiracy!!
gets rid of the good bacteria that coats your skin and allows infection to spread easier

lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join