It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military memebers, Lets share our UFO/USO stories!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

edit on 2-6-2013 by misschareesee because: redacted

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I knew it....they have a whole group or two that is exempt. Sounds about right.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

edit on 2-6-2013 by misschareesee because: redacted

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee

Dear Heart,

I encourage you to be much more circumspect and cautious.

You can share nothing which has not already been shared or will likely be shared in the not distant future.

There's no point, imho, in putting yourself at unnecessary and unreasonable risk. You should know from your debriefing that 'they' can haul you in on any number of pretexts long after you have departed your job . . . based on the security oaths etc.

I think this is a great thread for folks to share their incidental observations . . . however . . . stuff in the line of duty--particularly communications duty--is a lot more hazardous for folks to share and needs to be handled with wisdom and caution, imho.

imho, things will start falling out of the sky into the public arena far too soon for my taste as it is. I just see no point in putting one's self at risk for no good or lastingly good purpose.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I would second what BO said...me talking about happening to see a light in the sky in the desert is a lot different than talking about reading classified comms...Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thanks Bob and Bo, I will heed you.

I was thinking that maybe it's okay for me to spill now, after 32 years has gone by. But maybe not?

Plus, I saw how this blob of mine was getting out of hand and turning into a book, I knew it would happen, and I try so hard for it not to, with Epic Fail.

I probably majorly derailed the thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It certainly got my interest. I am not military, current or formerly, just a random American dude who has seen something quite peculiar one evening. Something so peculiar, you tend to think about it a lot and wonder why there is not a national discussion about it and why the US government isn't forthcoming with their knowledge of it.

I am sure they have their reasons though.

I have an Uncle who is former military - he has seen three such peculiar sights - once, while in Phoenix Arizona (where he currently lives).

he was a Combat Engineer in the USArmy and Vietnam veteran - currently Arizona Ranger.

please be careful gentlemen, and ladies
Thank you for your service to our great country and please speak in generalities without being specific - would not want this discussion to suddenly end

edit on 2-6-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup86
... but did you really just explained me gravity also works for bullits? I mean really?

Sorry, didn't mean to insult your intelligence. At the time of the telling, I didn't know what it meant and asked... I just included it as I remembered it in the story.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm not in the military but I would like to share my experience. I live in Las Vegas nevada on the summerlin side. One day around 6pm I had left my girl friend's ( now wife) house because she was getting ready to go to work. I left a few minutes before she left her place. All of a sudden looking to the north by the mount charleston area in the sky were 5 objects that were really really bright; they formed a straight line and then what I could only describe as warping in less than a tenth of a second across one side to another. They did this for several minutes.

Minutes later more of them joined, what was 5 then turned into 10 then 25. After a while they formed a line again in unison. In precise military timing one by one they would warp and disappear. Before all this happen I had called my girl friend and told her to look at the sky.. She was a block behind me and she also confirmed she saw this. She was in awe with everyone else in traffic next to me. After acouple of minutes after they left you can see mitary helicopters flying by the location. This was something I have never seen before I was amazed and at the same time shocked. As the days passed i tried to look for news reports on the Internet but nothing was reported; with all these witnesses you would think there would have been something on the news. Anyway that's my story and I actually got to witness the same event 3 years later after the first one but this time by my self on my way out of work.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Saltron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I hope I'm not intruding on the thread, I'm not military however my grandfather served in WW2 in Papua New Guinea amongst other areas in the Pacific for the AIF engineers corp. 3rd Battalion if I remember correctly. Reading this thread reminded me of a story he told me years ago about a few nights in a fairly remote section of Papua where they were installing water tanks and bunkers for forces to occupy and strike at the Japanese from.

He and several of his fellows were sitting on the top support railings which sat just above the level of the jungle canopy having a few quiet beers late one night when the jungle lit up several kilometres from their position. At first they thought the enemy had something to do with it and they had built a secret installation the same as they were there doing. This worried them as they had minimal support. It was basically a small group of engineers and a few dozen infantrymen acting as labourers.

Apparently they watched for about ten minutes, the only lights wide and far came from the few temporary structures the engineers had put up when they first got there to live in and the generator building. Nothing on the scale of the light projecting up out of the jungle. After the ten minutes the light seemed to leave the jungle and rise into the air. They were unable to actually see what was making the light but my grandfather believed it was about 20-30 metres wide and the light formed a shallow wide based cylinder like shape. A moment after the light rose from the jungle into the air there was a boom and it winked out. They reported it to their superior but since jungle fever was rife and they had been drinking on the railings it was all suspect.

However the next two nights the same spectacle was reported by sentries posted to the railings to ensure that no one else had any funny ideas about sitting up on the railings drinking. My grandfather said it was all rather awkward, no one wanted to talk about it much and no one went to investigate because the area it had been spotted was too dense and dangerous to access.

Whether what they saw was a UFO in the true sense of the word I cannot say and nor can my grandfather for he has since passed away but I always remembered that story and the fact that he could never really explain what it was himself.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I was a Senior Pilot on the C-141. My squadron commander used to fly C-124s. He said the crew before his flight logged into the 781 that, when they were crossing the Pacific between Hawaii and California, they saw a UFO come up out of the ocean. It followed their aircraft for about 30 min a short distance from one of the wingtips, then shot off to the horizon.

I was an Air Operations Officer. A UFO was reported entering a major civilian airport overseas, but was only visible on radar. It followed the flight path to the runway, while there was also a C-5 on approach. The C-5 crew never saw it, but the UFO seemed to make a landing. It was a different flight pattern from the C-5, not a radar repeater.

I was stopped at a stopsign and looked up to see two small white orbs darting in and out of a cumulus cloud at about 10,000 ft altitude.

While crossing the Pacific near the equator returning from Pago Pago, I saw a large disk cloud, maybe a UFO, but it was at about 80 miles distance.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I was on the uss enterprise for 2001 cruise before sept 11 i was out with my first class smoking and at the time on the enterprise e6 and above had thier own smoke pit. Well one night he let me go out with him to smoke while we were bs around we both seen a big green flash off the port side about 30 ft under water all the while we were underway the radar screen said 43 knots when we checked and as far as i know the carrier doesnt have underwater running lights.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have to post this here, as I know of no alternative. Some people privatemessaged me, and I was able to recieve those, (thank you,)
But I am ---not able to respond--- . With a new account, not only are you blocked from making your own thread until you make 20 posts, but this applies to responding to privatemessages as well. 20 posts.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This is a good thread
love these story's from service members...

& misschareesee only 5 more posts to go
look forward to hearing your tale's as-well

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Legally they can haul you in the rest of your life for a breach of your security oaths. And when it comes to crypto etc. communications [I know from my Navy job], they can be seriously to extremely fussy and petulant or worse.

It's not worth it. The benefit to the UFO community and public is miniscule to nonexistent.

At best you have only a microscopic part of the picture. And likely that part has been discussed publicly before from other sources.

All it would take would be for some watcher to be annoyed by such leaks and seek to make you an example.

And it might not have anything to do with the UFO type stuff. They could say to themselves that "IF SHE'D SHARE THAT--she might eventually share XYZ . . . " that was on other msg traffic in your spaces whether you saw it specifically or not. So they might hassle you pre-emptively about some other document that you'd been around--perhaps not even knowing it.

BTW, "they" have monitored with literally acres of computers EVERY electricity based comm circuit 24/7/365. There has been no privacy of any significance for a long time.

It might be somewhat safer--MIGHT BE--for you to give your personal opinions as to what is going on with UFO sightings etc. but I wouldn't get specific in any way related to highly classified msg traffic that you saw.

The fact that they already hauled you in is telling. You'd be wise to take that as more than an enormous hint.

For them to do that and then you post stuff on a thread like this COULD really anger some watchers and trigger a big slap-down of you as an example. I don't care if the probabilities are only 5-25% likely--it's not worth the risk.

You have the rest of your life to live and loved ones . . . no need for such traumas to add to the traumas of daily life in our era.

I appreciate your courage and desire for information to be out. Leave it to folks who are better able to weather the storms.

imho.

edit on 2/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

edit on 2/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: tag fix

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It was 1992 and I had returned to Redstone Arsenal Alabama to complete my training. The base had 4 Army battalions designated for AIT School but they did a lot of TS testing there with rockets and god knows what else. I was underage as most of us were so on the weekends we would load our Rucks with booze and climb up a small mountain there to drink away from any authority however one particular weekend when we reached the top we were instructed to go back down by what looked like SF soldiers. I can’t be certain they were SF but they definitely had live rounds and their uniforms were not anything I had seen before or since. For those who are not military here the fact that they had live rounds is significant to say the least.

Anyhow we hiked back down and luckily the DI,s didn’t return that weekend so we stuck by the barracks and drank our drinks with no problems but we had a clear view of the top of the mountain that night. We were entertained by a myriad of lights that night doing some crazy maneuvers over that mountain. We joked about it being aliens it did seem like a movie clip. Close encounters of the third kind comes to mind. Most likely the military was testing something however the fully armed personnel at the top makes me think there is more to it. We did get a glimpse of some heavy hardware they were packing as well like missiles but who knows I certainly don’t. Anyway the things in the sky flying around were unidentified to myself and fellow soldiers but I am sure the guys set up at the top knew what they were. So it was a UFO to me probably not for them.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dick7704
I was on the uss enterprise for 2001 cruise before sept 11 i was out with my first class smoking and at the time on the enterprise e6 and above had thier own smoke pit. Well one night he let me go out with him to smoke while we were bs around we both seen a big green flash off the port side about 30 ft under water all the while we were underway the radar screen said 43 knots when we checked and as far as i know the carrier doesnt have underwater running lights.

Story from dad which took place during WWII...On a troop ship loaded with troops crossing the Atlantic on the way to Europe...Flourescent round object passed beneath the ship...Said it was larger than the troop ship...While on the same ship, an object shaped like a wagon wheel spun or rolled across the sky...Both of these incidents were witness by numerous troops on the ship since the weather was good and many or most were on the deck...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Nice story but did you really just explained me gravity also works for bullits? I mean really?

What is a "bullit" exactly? If you're referring to the projectile shot from a weapon, yes. Bullets are not immune to gravity. I mean, really.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have seen many strange things whilst serving. I won't start writing about it here but please feel welcome to read my OP. The link is here: My UFO Experiences.

I never did quite get the answer I wanted!!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why is everyone afraid of posting a UFO story 30 years later because it happen while you was serving on a base? The government has said numerous times there is no such thing as a UFO or Aliens they don't investigate anything UFO related and they are not covering up. So unless you got some outstanding evidence like a laser pistol I don't see what the problem is. If you have physical proof then that oath means nothing. The government flat lied to the people. The government lies for a living what else is new. lol

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join