It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: The Islamist government of turkey is about to fall?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'm sorry, I don't read Twitter, ever. So, what is this protest all about?

Of course not thats why you follow the mainstream news outlets if what they say it must be so or more rather it must be true correct?

Remember how the media painted the Protesters in Syria as rebels from the start? oh by the way.

Ed Husain Senior Fellow for Middle Eastern Studies, Council on Foreign Relations seems to agree you that is if you agree with him to.

Erdogan is not Mubarak. Turkey is not Egypt. Taksim is not Tahrir. Opposition in Turkey failed at ballot box repeatedly. Ask why.

What would the NYPD do if shops were smashed, police vehicles attacked by "peaceful protestors"? Riots are not protests.

Erdogan's opposition supports Assad in Syria. Supported Mubarak + Qaddafi. Don't pretend this is about democracy. Extreme secularism.

This CFR member is rather comical. Almost like Obama.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide
[more

Good catch, I'll S&F just for the sake of bumping this post. The information is a bit sketchy but if people are pissed off with government and they are showing it, maybe it will eventually start a snowball effect.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You know, you're very condescending and are making false assumptions about me based off my post. It really is quite offensive. My point was that there was clearly NO black out about the protests. Now the debate is whether ALL of these media outlets are reporting the same lie, as you claim, or they are not. Either way, I see no point replying to you anymore in this thread.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

You know, you're very condescending and are making false assumptions about me based off my post. It really is quite offensive. My point was that there was clearly NO black out about the protests. Now the debate is whether ALL of these media outlets are reporting the same lie, as you claim, or they are not. Either way, I see no point replying to you anymore in this thread.

My point was that there was clearly NO black out about the protests.

If you live in Turkey and you turned on the TV would you see the protests on the news on any given news channel? the answer is no and why? because they have an blackout in there country. That is what i was referring to the picture from twitter but it seems you have avoided as usual.

Either way, I see no point replying to you anymore in this thread.

Really why not? should i cry maybe? by the way before you go away by not replying to me here's something for u.

Thousands call on Turkey’s leader to quit

From the comment sections.

June 1 2:36am | The silence of mainstream Turkish media is alarming! It's 4.30am now. Thousands of people are on the streets to protest. In Ankara thousands are walking to the parliament and there's absolutely nothing on TV. Nothing!!

Turkish media is mute, but the social media is shaking with pictures of wounded protesters. Helicopters are dropping tear gas and police are firing plastic bullets. On the face of these events, Erdogan's behavior clearly reflects his psyche as a dictator. This article is the first and only time I read Erdogan's comment on today's events. The FT probably went out of its way to find any. Even two weeks ago, when more than 50 people were killed in a bomb attack in Turkey's southern province of Reyhanli, he did not utter a single word of sympathy for the victims and their families. He shall be brought in front of justice for the young lives that were spared today and the women, children and the elderly who received permanent bodily injuries including blindness, hearing impairment, and brain damage. Outrageous.

You were saying?
edit on 31-5-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

By law it is very secular and yes they do support the rebels in Syria as that idiot Assad is bad for the entire region. As for your claims of killings of Christians and others...just not going to take the bait. They are opposed to having missiles or rockets fired into their country by the current Syrian regime so yes they oppose him and support the rebels as do most of the other countries in the region.

Again just not going to take your bait....again I lived there and among the people and they do not care about religious police and dictators...as for the statement of rebuilding the Ottoman Empire...I am sure they would but since you apparently do not know how impossible a task this would be considering how large the empire was...it is just a ridiculous statement again meant to bait me into you stupidity.
edit on 5/31/2013 by DJMSN because: correction

As for the Kurds...the Turkish people and government have had their hands full of Kurds through the years so yes I can see them backing anyone willing to kill more of them. They do not have a very nice record of dealings with the Kurdish people but the Kurd do not have a very good record of dealing with Turkish people....much like the civil; rights struggle of the 60's in the US with a much more bloody outcome. The PPK was very much active when I lived there but they were the politest terrorist there ever was....when they placed a bomb it was always in a police station or other government building and then they would call and report the bomb to allow the building to be evacuated so loss of life was minimal.

Your views at twisting this into your own opinions of the rebels in Syria, and the Libya situation do not apply here...the people do not like the current government but make no mistake they do not like Assad nor other dictators, so don't even try to twist this into fitting your own agenda...I lived with these people and yes they are pissed but not for what you wish them to be pissed about so just stop.
edit on 5/31/2013 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

that idiot Assad is bad for the entire region. As for your claims of killings of Christians and others...just not going to take the bait. They are opposed to having missiles or rockets fired into their country by the current Syrian regime so yes they oppose him and support the rebels as do most of the other countries in the region.

Thank you for losing your credibility on this part.

that idiot Assad is bad for the entire region.
The majority of Americans,Canadians, World, ATS users disagree with you on that part.

just not going to take the bait.

Your not? thats to bad there are plenty of news article on this matter.

They are opposed to having missiles or rockets fired into their country by the current Syrian regime

Tell me again who controls the borders?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
More updates. From Journalist.

MikeStaresinic protests suddenly spiked today after excessive use of force by police &so far none of Turkish officials addressed the issue

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
From reading comments by people from Turkey, yes it is a secular country.....the ruling government in Turkey has been increasingly Islamist for the last few years, and has been pushing unusually hard towards the 'more religion' side of the equation. As opposition has increased, the government has become increasingly hostile and repressive.

The Turkish military is a secular organization. Several times in the past when the rural areas of the country elected a ruling group that went too far towards Islamic law in government, the military has stepped in, overthrown the government in a coup, then returned to civil elections once everybody calmed down.

So the police are cracking down on the protestors, but if the military gets involved then all bets are off.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

My creditability ? You are the one without any...everyone already know what you are going to post...anything and everything the current American policies are in regard to other countries and anything and everything related to Israel. I do not support our meddlesome policies abroad and while Assad's father was instrumental in bringing reform to Syria he was still a dictator and so is his son. I cannot support any government that rules a country simply because he was born into the ruling family,,,he is a dictator. Will not say he is the worst but when you do not allow free elections and rule with a bloody hand against any opposition then you are wrong and Assad has clearly ruled in this fashion.

Even if free elections meant a regime that ruled with religious fervor resulted then it would be the will of the people. Facts are he supports his supporters and kills the opposition instead of attempting to rule the country with everyone in mind.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

The way your posting reminds me of the way John McCain and the RINOs talking memo points are based upon. Furthermo

I cannot support any government that rules a country simply because he was born into the ruling family,,,he is a dictator. Will not say he is the worst but when you do not allow free elections and rule with a bloody hand against any opposition then you are wrong and Assad has clearly ruled in this fashion. Even if free elections meant a regime that ruled with religious fervor resulted then it would be the will of the people. Facts are he supports his supporters and kills the opposition instead of attempting to rule the country with everyone in mind.

It seems everything what i posted to you as a reply previously you whitewashed it. The Arab Spring has being an complete faulire yet here on ATS i am witnessing ironical users whom are supporters of it.

Libya is in Chaos, Divided even further with Tribes fighting over whom should control it, they dont trust the political party systems.

Egypt Unsafe.

Tunisia ruled by Islamists.

Syria about to being hopefully not taken over by hardline Islamist fighters whom have never being moderate from the start, are forcing Christians and other minorities out.

Facts are he supports his supporters and kills the opposition instead of attempting to rule the country with everyone in mind.

Who started the burning and attacking of the police stations in Syria? Assad? no the protesters whom are backed by NGO agents.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Reading more about this it appears the protests started off peaceful enough about the demolition of a park but it has grown and spread to what it has become now, a massive anti govt protest. Check out RT's live update page about it, they have some great pix of the protests.

What worries me are the terrorists who are in every Middle Eastern nation, Turkey most definitely included, who take complete advantage of these protests for their own agenda.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by DJMSN

that idiot Assad is bad for the entire region. As for your claims of killings of Christians and others...just not going to take the bait. They are opposed to having missiles or rockets fired into their country by the current Syrian regime so yes they oppose him and support the rebels as do most of the other countries in the region.

Thank you for losing your credibility on this part.

that idiot Assad is bad for the entire region.
The majority of Americans,Canadians, World, ATS users disagree with you on that part.
Speak for yourself you dont represent the people mentioned.

just not going to take the bait.

Your not? thats to bad there are plenty of news article on this matter.

They are opposed to having missiles or rockets fired into their country by the current Syrian regime

So are everyne else in proximity

Tell me again who controls the borders?

Id have to say Turkey controls its border with Syria...as assad is busy right now....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

They have gone through this before, the military usually steps in, takes control and allows peaceful elections to occur. Though you do have to worry about things spinning out of control. You only have to look at Egypt to see how badly things can go.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This has the looks to be a Muslim Brotherhood staged uprising against the government. They just needed one little event or excuse to set it off. I bet Turkey goes the way of Syria soon. (Hopefully not) This would be a huge disaster for the world and a guarantee that the war or all wars is about to happen. Greece and the U.S. would have an instant problem with that and Israel would have to start assembling their stored nuclear warhead just in-case. Since they would be surrounded by lunatic Islamic terrorist.

Jordan would not be able to hold out very long as being peaceful to America and Israel since the king's uncle is the sure bet to become the new ruler of Iraq as it implodes very soon. He will be the Anti-Christ. Every Arab thinks their Mahdi will rise out of Iraq and the now former crown prince of Jordan has already been jerking every string in the middle east and the UN to make sure that happens. Everyone in the whole middle east shuts up when he starts talking as it is.

Remember that the A/C comes from a new country not an old one yet he rules over Babylon. Despite what your religious or not beliefs are you need to watch this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Still no evidence that the Turkish government is about to fall.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Still no evidence that the Turkish government is about to fall.

Let me guess you support this Turkish Government? the Turkish people dont.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thank god this is finally happening, good to see the people have finally made a stand against this dictator erdogan. By the way this isnt just a protest about a park it just started from that and morphed into anti government. From what ive read these protests have brought together Turks, Kurds, right wing, left wing, Sunni Muslims and Alevi Muslims which is very important to avoid a sectarian situation.

Even the military are helping out by giving gas masks to protesters.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Reading on reuters they have started a live feed. People are mad it appears the turkish government is starting to make reforms and the people aren't happy i found this part particularly interesting!

“This isn’t about trees anymore; it’s about all of the pressure we’re under from this government. We’re fed up; we don’t like the direction the country is headed in,” Mert Burge, an 18 year-old student, who came to support the protesters after he heard about the use of tear gas via twitter, told Reuters.

It appears they are tired of islamic rule heres another quote.

On May Day police clashed with tens of thousands of demonstrators in Istanbul and there have been several smaller protests against a tightening of alcohol sales and displays of public affection as well the government’s stance on the neighboring Syria conflict.

So now there is a reason to get upset NO ALCOHOL!!!!

rt.com...
edit on 6/1/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
This has the looks to be a Muslim Brotherhood staged uprising against the government. They just needed one little event or excuse to set it off. I bet Turkey goes the way of Syria soon. (Hopefully not) This would be a huge disaster for the world and a guarantee that the war or all wars is about to happen. Greece and the U.S. would have an instant problem with that and Israel would have to start assembling their stored nuclear warhead just in-case. Since they would be surrounded by lunatic Islamic terrorist.

Jordan would not be able to hold out very long as being peaceful to America and Israel since the king's uncle is the sure bet to become the new ruler of Iraq as it implodes very soon. He will be the Anti-Christ. Every Arab thinks their Mahdi will rise out of Iraq and the now former crown prince of Jordan has already been jerking every string in the middle east and the UN to make sure that happens. Everyone in the whole middle east shuts up when he starts talking as it is.

Remember that the A/C comes from a new country not an old one yet he rules over Babylon. Despite what your religious or not beliefs are you need to watch this.

www.youtube.com...

The USA might have a problem with that but Greece couldn't be happier if Turkey goes the way of Syria. Maybe we can retake our lands after all... The question is when to strike?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Just noticed this ATS thread on the homepage. Apparently we have an ATS'er reporting from Turkey right now.

I'm In Turkey: "Turkish Spring" Starting?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join