It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheating Death: Have You Done This?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Hectic.
I had a similar thing happen to me on the road.
I was maybe 14 and taking a walk to the shops for a cool-drink (soda). Looked both ways before crossing, one car coming in my immediate lane, seemingly nothing on the far lane - didn't realize how 'blind' the rise was on the far lane. Start crossing, see that there's actually cars coming from both directions - jump into uber-super-ninja-mode : star jump into the line between the lanes, toes facing outward. Those cars passed pretty close and I jumped to the curb. Adrenaline! Fanta orange never tasted so good.

Oh, a friend of mine got hit by a train... she was looking at a bug
Didn't hear the horn nor the train. She was hit around the left temple, cracked skull, weeks in hospital, but she's better than ever now.

--
I've also had other incidents, mostly on the road and other silly things. One thing I'll never forget:

Around 16 at the time - friends and I would go walking in the woods, nature trails, etc. We once found this big boulder near the edge of a cliff. Being the age we were, pushing that of a cliff would be awesome! (we actually did make sure no one was around.) Using brute force and branches as levers we heaved and heaved.

Everyone started stepping back, thinking we couldn't do it.
Now it was just me and another friend, this boulder was teetering on the balance. My friend released and stepped back, thinking I would to, but I gave it that last push. The bolder went tumbling forward and I started to go with it, I was losing my balance, I panicked. My mate nonchalantly grabbed the hood of my jersey from my back and pulled me straight, "Tell your mother I saved your life" he said, and starts walking away. The drop was about 70-80 odd Metres

Needless to say I proceed to thank him with all the panic-stricken gibberish I could muster, "Dude, I almost went over. You did save my life."
I'm normally very calm in these situation, but I didn't think I could do anything but break my fall through the trees somehow.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Many times, the most unusual time I was painting a large wooden green house frame, stood on a step ladder and went too high, stretched too far and as you would expect, fell right through the pane of glass! This was old fashioned glass, so it broke in shards. I went through and down, the frame of the green house hit the bottom of my hips, as it did so, I felt someone pull me back by the waist of my jeans. (my friend was close by at the time).

The freaky things were, a) I had a two inch neat cut on my elbow b) there were shards of glass a foot long still held in place by the frame that should have stabbed straight through my lower body given their position.

Can anyone explain that?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is a really great thread, thanks for posting a response so I would see it! I have had too many close calls all my life, and I do believe we have angels watching over us. When it's our time it's just that, and done. I have named my two angels Bob and Fred and I imagining them dithering over whose turn it is to save me, "I saved her the last four times Fred, it's your turn!" I will list a few:

1. 12 pneumonia's before I was 3 yrs old, doctors had no help, but I died a couple times. I still have brief memories of the metal crib with bars and the oxygen tent.

2. Sister fed me 500 baby aspirin, nearly died

3. Blood poisoning when I was 4 or 5.

4. Way too many car incidents that my life flashed before my eyes, but the one huge wreck I had and saw coming I had absolutely zero fear as I grabbed the steering wheel and said, "I can't believe THIS!" and watched my life change in an instant. I have learned a lot from that accident, but not once did the thought of "I'm going to die" ever cross my mind.

5. 10 - 15 ft mako shark about 3 feet coming up fast behind me as my dive buddy (a seal) gave the signal for big shark as his eyes got as big as basketballs and the shark darted off last second as I turned and saw a mouthful of teeth. Luckily there was a porpoise nearby that got his attention.

6. Unknown incident, but back in the early 90's my husband and I were driving down near Wildwood FL going home and it was late at night. This overwhelming feeling of death and evil overcame me and him as the exact same moment as we grabbed each others hand and just started praying. I don't know what we came close to, but it overcame both of us simultaneously.

7. Evaded two kidnapping attempts in Saudi Arabia in the early 80's. I just had this momentary feeling and noticed each time before it got full swing and avoided it. I learned and started avoiding going out alone in our compound. Blond girls are quite attractive to some over there.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I dont remember the actual age I was so I wanna say between 16 and 19. I had a 1969 Ford Mustang that I had big plans of fixing up, never came to fruition but anyway thats beside the point. So I was working on trying to take the seats out which were bolted to the floor of the car so had to be accessed from underneath. So I Had the car jacked up and being the smart guy that I was at that time I didnt bother to put jack stands under it So all that was there was the jack. So I was underneath doing my thing and the bolts were being stubborn So I got out from underneath to get some WD40 and as soon as I sat up I heard a deafening crash behind me and felt a strong wind and turned to find that the jack I was useing had broke dropping the full weight of the car to the ground right where my head and neck had just been 2 seconds before on the cement driveway. I have no doubt that my skull and spine would have been crushed had I still been there. Great post

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Sorry about your father. I want to ask you a question. Have you ever used that feeling to save another person?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"Lost in the clouds for 20 minutes. Am I going to hit the mountain or get out of the clouds first?"

Your post in this thread spooked me bad because I do not appreciate heights at all.
So your above quote about being lost in the clouds and hitting the mountain stuck with me since you posted it.
Just this morning I watched the following video and the first thing I thought of was your post.

www.liveleak.com...

If I was the tourist/passenger and the pilot started to pray like that I would have had a heart attack.
At the same time I would never ever get on one of those things.

Regards Iwinder

edit on 31-10-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I was born with my umbilical cord around my neck, three times, died, and was resuscitated. that count?

edit on 1-11-2013 by 8fl0z because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I spent 8 months in Afghanistan as an infantry soldier. We had many very close calls. To this day I often wonder how I am even here.

One particular moment stands out, My platoon was patrolling from a Patrol Base too a local village to engage in what we call KLE or Key Leadership Engagement, basically we say hello to the villagers, ask about Taliban activity ect Big waste of time really.

We had only made it about 2kms from the base when our boss had Coms issue so he halted the platoon we where in a pretty # position with a few of us on the edge of a huge corn field we spread out, went to ground, and after 45 minutes my mate royce noticed a trip wire about boot height running through the field about 5 meters in front of us. Now there is literally no way this would have been discovered had we kept patrolling.

Once it had been safely dismantled turned out it was rigged too roughly 100kgs of HME... more than enough too wipe the whole platoon plus attachments out... very very lucky.

I have also in my darker days, OD twice, the last time I passed out in the back of a taxi, the taxi driver was unable to resuscitate me, I was driven too the hospital where I was pronounced dead on arrival, they worked on me for almost 15 minutes before bringing me back. Boy did I get a shock when I woke up in hospital, Don't even remember slipping out.

Many other stories but these are the two scariest closest I have come.

Namaste
~sacri~

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join