It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie-Induced Phobias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Clown Dollls.

I. Hate. Clown. Dolls.

When I was about seven or eight years old, my Granny let us watch Poltergeist. Scary stuff when you're a kid..the guy hallucinating and ripping up his face haunted me for days. Same for the spooky tree that attempted to eat the boy near the end of the movie.

What I've never quite recovered from, however, is the scene with the clown doll. Remember that scene? If not, allow me to refresh your memory:

Ever since watching this movie, I've had a phobia about clown dolls. Actually, just dolls in particular are creepy. Consider the infamous Robert The Doll:

So now I'm curious. Do you have any phobias you can link to a particular movie or story? If so....please share!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Ok, the one movie that scared me to death was the return of the body snatchers. In that movie, you couldn't go to sleep because you would be eliminated and a giant pod would show up and grow into a duplicate of your body. I was scared to go to sleep (ok, maybe not a phobia, but defiantly a problem), and if I ever ( in my life) i come upon one of those giant pod things, I would certainly head for the hills.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
''They all float down here...''

Thank you Stephen King for ruining my childhood!

edit on 31/5/2013 by JustEve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Dolls sure are creepy. Especially this dude...
....i did have a soft spot for tiffany though

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I remember being afraid to go into the water after first watching Jaws, being afraid in the shower after a showing of Psycho but the one that got me the most scared was The Exorcist.

For some reason that bed jumping up and down scene scared the crap out of me and I was afraid the devil would try to get into me while I slept and was terrified to go to bed for fear that my bed might start to move around.

I slept well hidden under the covers for weeks after I first watched that movie.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

. . . I know exactly what you mean

And as if that wasn't enough, I remember being home alone at night in my bed, because my mother used to work the night shift as a nurse, when my bed started to shake and I was certain that my worst nightmare had come true.

It was a minor earthquake but honestly, I have never been so terrified in my life as I was that night.
NOT cool.

edit on 31/5/2013 by JustEve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Freddy Krueger.

I snuck and watched it while my parents were watching. I was 6. It was the one with Johnny Depp. I had nightmares for years after that. He did haunt my dreams. I sure thought he was real and I hated it!!

Wes Craven made a pretty good villian..imo of course.

~nat the scared cat~

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

The first one with Johnny Depp was the scariest. They really played up the creepiness in that one.

After that the series quickly devolved into cartoonish silliness and it was hard to take Freddy seriously anymore.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Just for you hun

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah I know what you mean about the movies going to cheese and what not...
Heres the scene I remember..and I thought I would get sucked in my bed...or ripped to shreds...

Scared me pretty bad.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Now that I think about it... I did have a fear of one movie...

V used to make me cry when I was a child... they bit the heads off of birds... and it freaked me out when they got their skin ripped...

Now they tell me theres lizard men in Parlament...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Oh yeah, you won't catch me out on the ocean ever again, after watching this:

new topics

top topics

join