It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experiment all people should do. Clean Slate--the ultimate fast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Some will say that fasting is prayer, while others use it merely as a weight loss method.

Some will argue that the Bible is a fairy tale, and invalid due to its edition and over-translation.

And some will even go as far to say that God is the divine lie that keeps us hooked to the strings.

You hear different perspectives online, on ATS, from Infowars, Vigilant Citizen, etc etc.

And you might discuss different spiritual ideas with loved ones, and, like any logical human being, you will give it some thought, then choose whichever explanation makes the most sense to you.

But I'm curious.

What explanation would we come up with without the influences we're bumbarded by?

No internet. No television. No music. No video games. No ATS. Not even other people.

Nothingness.

This was the true nature of a REAL fast--to cut everything out. To eliminate all other influences and voices. To live without media and others' jaded opinions.

Perhaps this is why we're all so confused.

Is there a God? How legit is the Bible? Who's right and who's wrong? Which side should I choose?

None of us make decisions clear minded.

We're all suffocating underneath a million other influences.

So here's the challenge.

Cut yourself off for about a week.

Take a vacation.

Go hiking. Take no electronics with you.

Stay in the wilderness alone for a week.

No music, no people, no influences... and if you can't catch it, no food.

I'm extremely curious to know how differently we would think, how pure our feelings would become, and which of our current beliefs would become shallow, wrong, and cast aside once we'd see it from an objective perspective.

Cleanse yourself, preform the ultimate fast.

You'd be surprised how many answers you'll find when you're living on the edge.

What are your thoughts on the ultimate fast, ATS?

I'm planning on this "survival week" thing. I am very excited about it.

Its a mental (and physical) detox that we all need.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
No ATS for a week
Impossible. I could fast from food to help build neurons but why, eating fresh fish works just as good. I can give up TV or the radio and even everything electronic except ATS. The DTs would kill a person.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
No ATS for a week
Impossible. I could fast from food to help build neurons but why, eating fresh fish works just as good. I can give up TV or the radio and even everything electronic except ATS. The DTs would kill a person.

Lol, it would kill me too.

But the point of it is to push yourself to the furthest extremes possible.

Testing your inner survivalist.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

i sometimes feel disgusted just by being on the internet, id always prefer being out there than in here. But the more i go out the more i see things harder and harder to do. "your on private property!" 'We close at 9!" "your only allowed to take the trail", everything is fenced. Camera's are also being set up. The only solution would be going miles and miles away where nobody lives but that still requires you have money and time to do all that. And you never know who's property you can be on who have the authority to shoot or have you arrested.

If only they let us be free, but more and more you see boundries being set up and laws aswell. I you get caught your bound to get in trouble by the law. you would have to move far far away. but the law is showing up everywhere its like they want us to be stuck in this hole of internet and taxes and bills and work...like machines BUT NO! those who have all the money they are free to do what they want!

just saying your not as free as you think, unless you dont get caught
edit on 31-5-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca

i sometimes feel disgusted just by being on the internet, id always prefer being out there than in here. But the more i go out the more i see things harder and harder to do. "your on private property!" 'We close at 9!" "your only allowed to take the trail", everything is fenced. Camera's are also being set up. The only solution would be going miles and miles away where nobody lives but that still requires you have money and time to do all that. And you never know who's property you can be on who have the authority to shoot or have you arrested.

If only they let us be free, but more and more you see boundries being set up and laws aswell. I you get caught your bound to get in trouble by the law. you would have to move far far away. but the law is showing up everywhere its like they want us to be stuck in this hole of internet and taxes and bills and work...like machines BUT NO! those who have all the money they are free to do what they want!

All I can say is: I KNOW, RIGHT?!

Needless to say, I intend to bend or break the law a little when I preform my ultimate fast.

*Looks around* Who said that?!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'll be at my cabin for a couple of weeks. No TV, No internet. I may even try a food fast for a day or two.

My main activity will be walking on the beach.

I love it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I'll be at my cabin for a couple of weeks. No TV, No internet. I may even try a food fast for a day or two.

My main activity will be walking on the beach.

I love it.

Awww, that sounds great! Damn, I wish I could do that.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I did this back in the early eighties. Of course no internet but we did have video games. I hiked the Appalachian Trail for two weeks. The original plan was to quit smoking. It worked too, up until the first Gulf War, but that’s another story.

I did learn that I am a total raging dick when going through withdrawal. They’re probably still telling stories about the bellows they heard at night up in “them thar hills”.

I really don't think I would hike that trail again these days, It got scary at times. Wild life and the occasional mountain people. (Most were nice, but there were a couple of times I ran into people that reminded me of "The Hills have Eyes" type.)
Then again, maybe they were thinking the same about me as I was going through withdrawal. All wild-eyed and figidty.

edit on 31-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
One advanced technique for dispelling primal fear is to go out to the woods, bury yourself under the soil and leaves, twigs and such, and lay as if in a state of death from sunset to sunrise. Remain motionless as if you are already dead.

There are so many awesome techniques to do when cleaning out for the mental, physical and astral levels.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am SO serious now.

I'm trying to rally up some old survivalist friends from a couple years ago, back when I had my little conspiracy group going. We've been meaning to do this forever.

I'm so excited!

OH! Maybe I'll take my camera phone, and document bits and pieces.

edit on 31-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
One advanced technique for dispelling primal fear is to go out to the woods, bury yourself under the soil and leaves, twigs and such, and lay as if in a state of death from sunset to sunrise. Remain motionless as if you are already dead.

There are so many awesome techniques to do when cleaning out for the mental, physical and astral levels.

That's all well and good until the woodland critter neighborhood association start wondering what is this new thing in their neck of the woods. Some of them can get quite large while others roam in packs.

After they check you out, you may just remain on the Astral level forever.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"Because you are trying to survive in the wild you'll be focused on lower thoughts and not on higher thoughts like spirituality". I'm sure someone would be thinking like this.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just made this video and sent it to all my friends.

I can not. Freaking. WAIT.

new topics

top topics

join