It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Asteroid 1998 QE2 Sails By Earth on Friday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

And just like this huge asteroid, NASA, or any other government instrument will not warn us if they do see one coming in for a hit...so...all the underground bases around the world...on each continent...hmmm...I don't have a ticket for entry...do any of you?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I just learned about asteroids having objects rotating around them almost like small moons yesterday!
I think that is awesome!

Glad you mention the fact that they don't drag other objects with them, because that has been one of my worries with all of these large asteroids that have been passing us by.

That leads me to a question for you Phage, is there a pattern to these larger asteroids. I noticed on space weather over the last couple of years that we seem to have periods where larger ones pass by us in "groups". Like the months of June/July this year, there are 5 asteroids over 1 km large that zoom past us (at a large distance away) and then it goes back to smaller ones. Is this a yearly pattern? Any idea?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Yesmaybe

Wow.

I had a similar dream where an object "grazed" our atmosphere and I was in a field watching it. The fireball seemed huge, although I didn't see it hit, but something hit the moon and caused visible projectiles to fly off of it. The fireball was during the daytime and the moon strike was at some time later at night.

Now, my subconscious was most likely piecing together recent events and fantasizing a dream event, but still odd that we both came up with a similar dream.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yesmaybe
Is this coming closer than the last one which was apparently the closest in recent times?

I had a dream that I saw it and then was running through the fields to watch it hit, it was quite exciting until I looked at the moon and saw that it was flipping over and over-then I woke up

This makes my stomach a little tipsy! I had a dream last night, I was in a field and I look up and see tons and tons of dirt coming at me like a wave, the dirt started to cover me up, and I was buried alive in my dream last night!!!
I woke up, and found I had wrapped myself in my blanket, and pillows where on top of me somehow.
Very strange to say the least you have this dream, and I have this dream, and others too seem to have had similar dreams! But I am thinking its because its been on my mind, and I wrapped myself up in my sleep, and my mind processed that into that kind of dream, kind of weird though.
Lets just get through until Saturday and lets hope these dreams where just our minds way of processing this scary kind of scene.
While I do not think it will hit, that dream did bother me, and until I read yours, I was not going to say anything at all about it.

Edit-- Just to add, thanks everyone for putting your thoughts into this thread here. All very useful and helpful information!!!

Sure in the scope of things, it may be LOTS of miles out.. But in the scope of space, a few thousand miles is still pretty close when you consider how BIG space and our solar system is, let alone our Galaxy/universe.
VERY close in those terms.
edit on 31-5-2013 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

in relative terms, yes it was just a tiny bit away.

In reality it was extremely far away

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Nice share OP... snf

NAMASTE*******

Originally posted by Fromabove
Hmmmm...... is it just all the news reports or do there seem to be a lot of these things "sailing" by lately? [color=cyan]
One day, perhaps soon, one of these two mile wide rocks is going to smash into the Earth.

[color=cyan]OR PARK

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 5/31/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayman9
reply to post by Fromabove

And just like this huge asteroid, NASA, or any other government instrument will not warn us if they do see one coming in for a hit...so...all the underground bases around the world...on each continent...hmmm...I don't have a ticket for entry...do any of you?

Good job that there are thousands of amateur astronomers scanning the skies looking for such objects, then. They would certainly not keep it quiet.

My reply to Fromabove: "We have better equipment and more robust networks for searching and anouncing these objects. Also, more people are looking for them than ever."

en.wikipedia.org...
lfvn.astronomer.ru...

NASA is just one of the participants in astronomy, and there are other countries out there apart from the USA

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Would be good if the ISS can film it passing and share the results with us mere mortals?

That would definitely be interesting; but I bet the ISS wouldn't want to share the video if there are entities aboard the 'moon'.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Originally posted by Yesmaybe
Is this coming closer than the last one which was apparently the closest in recent times?

I had a dream that I saw it and then was running through the fields to watch it hit, it was quite exciting until I looked at the moon and saw that it was flipping over and over-then I woke up

This makes my stomach a little tipsy! I had a dream last night, I was in a field and I look up and see tons and tons of dirt coming at me like a wave, the dirt started to cover me up, and I was buried alive in my dream last night!!!
I woke up, and found I had wrapped myself in my blanket, and pillows where on top of me somehow.
Very strange to say the least you have this dream, and I have this dream, and others too seem to have had similar dreams! But I am thinking its because its been on my mind, and I wrapped myself up in my sleep, and my mind processed that into that kind of dream, kind of weird though.
Lets just get through until Saturday and lets hope these dreams where just our minds way of processing this scary kind of scene.
While I do not think it will hit, that dream did bother me, and until I read yours, I was not going to say anything at all about it.

Edit-- Just to add, thanks everyone for putting your thoughts into this thread here. All very useful and helpful information!!!

Sure in the scope of things, it may be LOTS of miles out.. But in the scope of space, a few thousand miles is still pretty close when you consider how BIG space and our solar system is, let alone our Galaxy/universe.
VERY close in those terms.
edit on 31-5-2013 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

And @ Boscow - what's really weird is that this asteroid has it's own moon and I only heard that today from link below, how strange that I had a dream where our moon was involved!!

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

OK, so with QE2 having come and gone I assume by bow, what are we supposed to expect in the aftermath? An increase in investment (aka stock market increases), lower unemployment, lower interest rates, increases in precious metals prices, subsiding and reversing as the economy grows and demand for dollars increases- wait, what's that? Different "QE2", you say? Oh, yes, yes of course, I was just testing you!

But seriously, QE2? And it was "massive" - supposed to be a "hidden" meaning/signal/symbol behind this related to some plan for the economy (past or present?) - by the name, I'm guessing it was named/discovered in 1998, so probably i'm just reaching for a conspiracy angle. Too bad the timing wasn't closer with "Quantitative Easing II" - the headlines could have been so cheesy I would have had to buy a "news" paper.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Yep came and gone.. Good deal, a few million miles away from Earth is a far miss, BUT, in the whole solar system range of spaces, a few million miles is "close". In those terms. The big one that will get us, is out there, its just a matter of time before it belly flops into Earth. Glad my dream was just that, a dream.

Oh I see you have a good eye for the market, and hidden symbols contained within events and carried MSM news stories. You should take a look at this thread HERE..

So mark another close call down, in truth millions of miles away is not close to hitting. Again, when we look at distance in the universal scale, it was right on our front porch. It just did not come knocking!

Till next time Space Fans!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I wonder if these things trigger tornados

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Media, and people in general, tend to sensationalise and blow things out of proportions. "A giant asteroid makes a close brush with Earth!!!" and people get all kinds of ideas.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join