It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coronavirus an old enemy to humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
there is a "new" virus in the news lately. they call it coronavirus.
news.yahoo.com...

it's estimated to be responsible for two dozen deaths. the images of the virus look a lot like ancient cave drawings of the sun. at least that is what I thought when I first saw the image in the yahoo news article.

so, what if the ancient civilizations knew of a virus like this one. and drew images on the walls. what if all this time we misinterpreted the virus drawings as sun drawings? so instead of a drawing of sun worship, it was actually a warning to stay away. "warning coronavirus: highly dangerous"

now if this is true, then the coronavirus could have started from an old excavation or study of an old cave.

I know this is a lot of "ifs" but the idea just kept bouncing around my head and now it bounced to the forums. the story just seemed like a perfect fit to my conspiracy fueled idea of lost and ancient civilizations.

enjoy

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Isn't the coronavirus just what they used to call the stomach flu?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

So how did the cave artists know what the coronavirus looked like?
Did they use some sort of ESP?
or
Do you think they had access to electron microscopes that have vanished without leaving a trace?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Or, chemical warfare. Man made.

Or, nature just handing out what it does every now & then, a mutated virus.

The ancient theory is one i believe.

Ebola

It is not known where the Ebola virus is naturally found, but some think it may be in the rainforests in central Africa, near the origins of the HIV. It is believed that there is an animal reservoir, but it is undetected.(18) In fact, these diseases are believed to be very ancient, but have attacked man as man has effected their natural habitat. (19)

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

good questions.

i have heard many different stories regarding ancient civilizations.

one, that man began as a primitive animal and gradually advanced to what we are today.

two, that aliens helped ancient man advance.

three, that the world has seen the rise and fall of humans before. that ancient human civilizations had forms of technology to help them see and track distant stars. I took this one a step further. I thought what if whether by imagination or by some technology, or even alien help they were able to know what a virus looked like. take this story a step further and say what if a virus nearly wiped out the early humans? what if only a few people were left from an ancient advanced civilization to rebuild?

my post is merely a thought that was brought on by the picture of the virus.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So if this is what this virus looks like then those teens in the south did not have this - if they know what it looks like they would have ruled that out by now. It's time to be looking up what in nature that kills this and viruses like it and then have some on hand. Have been sick and it's not going away. I imagine they didn't have any cave drawings for cures but maybe were trying to let us know to figure it out. They are somewhere in plain site (in nature) because if not the world would be covered in a 3 foot layer of these microscopic beasts. Imagine our ancestors coming down with the flu and how devastating this was for them. Nothing for fever or pain or stomach issues. Just up to their immune systems to either win or lose the battle.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

coronavirus an old enemy to humans?

The possibilities are many. Right off the bat, those seated in the halls of public health are saying they don't know much about it so, from that point, one can guess at leisure.

There's also the issue of certain labs in certain nations creating/recreating viruses as we speak. That this one could have been conceived under a microscope, is not out of the question.

Just last night, the following headliner appeared on CNN:

New SARS-like virus is a 'threat to the entire world'
Link: www.cnn.com...

Most everyone today of any political persuasion can agree that the mainscream media is pretty much robotic and performs according to the programming of its owners. Taking that into consideration, a headliner like this must have a purpose...

... it's all just a matter of mucking the barn to see what's underneath.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by subfab

So how did the cave artists know what the coronavirus looked like?
Did they use some sort of ESP?
or
Do you think they had access to electron microscopes that have vanished without leaving a trace?

Not to lend credibility to the OP, as I just don't know. But there are a few examples of ancient man making descriptions of things that should have been to small to see. There was a thread the other day RE: natives of Peru making claims that the DNA of plants have guided them in their herbalist approach. As well as the apparent descriptions of subatomic structures by the Hindu/Buddhist cultures.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Imposing of modern knowledge onto the art of the past. There is a word for this - a cousin to apophenia.
edit on 30/5/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

90% of most stomach viruses and others can be ridden out without medical help.
You will feel better for it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

How did they know about the stars? They knew more about the stars back then than we knew 20 years ago. Did they have telescopes? The question you asked is irrelevant. No one really knows what they had. We can only speculate.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

How long ago was it that they drilled into that lake in Antarctica Was supposed to be the oldest water known to man. Below 2 miles of ice. maybe some microbe came out with the water. I'm assuming that the water was cold which would cause a hibernation state.

Just an idea.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted

How did they know about the stars? They knew more about the stars back then than we knew 20 years ago. Did they have telescopes? The question you asked is irrelevant. No one really knows what they had. We can only speculate.

It is quite possible that the cave drawing is just a picture of the sun.
That would make the idea that prehistoric dudes drawing pictures of an organism that requires a electron microscope to see very irrelevant.

Don't you think so?

Apply Occam's Razor....... is it a drawing of the sun (an object that is visible to the naked eye) or a virus (an object that is NOT visible to the naked eye)?

Then ask yourself this question.... Have we ever found evidence that prehistoric cave dwellers had electron microscopes???
If they had such technology, why would they hunt game with spears and arrows?
If they had such technology, why would they be drawing on the walls of a cave?
Why would they be living in a cave?

They knew more about the stars back then than we knew 20 years ago.

Did they? Really? Did they have manned landings on the moon? I wonder if they took spears along to hunt moon critters?
edit on 31-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The ancient astronomers certainly knew more about solar bodies, movements, relations, and timing, than we did prior to 1970, that is pretty inarguable.

Landing someone on the moon while technically impressive, doesn't mean that our information was "more" correct.

I certainly will agree with your skepticism of the cave paintings being a virus. If you are mixing berries together to make dye and living in a cave, while at the same time, being able to see a virus and do microbiology, then your priorities are very off my friend.

edit on 31-5-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vind21

The ancient astronomers certainly knew more about solar bodies, movements, relations, and timing, than we did prior to 1970, that is pretty inarguable.

Then I obviously need to learn something.
Point me in the right direction please.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfabit's estimated to be responsible for two dozen deaths. the images of the virus look a lot like ancient cave drawings of the sun. at least that is what I thought when I first saw the image in the yahoo news article.

so, what if the ancient civilizations knew of a virus like this one. and drew images on the walls. what if all this time we misinterpreted the virus drawings as sun drawings? so instead of a drawing of sun worship, it was actually a warning to stay away. "warning coronavirus: highly dangerous"

Since the virus was named due to its resemblance of the suns corona, it is not really a surprise that they look the same..

Originally posted by rickymouse
Isn't the coronavirus just what they used to call the stomach flu?

Stomach flu is caused by many viruses, coronavirus being one of them.

Originally posted by KaelemJames
Or, chemical warfare. Man made.

Its a virus, not a chemical.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vind21

Not only is that arguable, it's pure hogwash, making it hardly worth arguing against..

Harte

new topics

top topics

join