It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Son Just Realized Chicken Comes From....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I so enjoy your stories; many of them make me smile; you have a wonderful way of communicating. Your son sounds like a joy to be around and very entertaining!

I am tall... 5'11" and a few years ago I was grocery shopping...I was in the produce section looking at the apples...and this very petite 5 year old girl was with her Grandmother...and she looked at me...yanked on her Grandmas arm...pointed at me and said..."Grandma look at the giant!"...I laughed about that for days.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Really wish general topics etc were not included in the new topics live stream
this stuff is boring and not reflective of what people come to this site for.

It has its place in a sub forum which people who wish to read such items can go there and do so.

What in the world did you expect to read in a thread with this title?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I'm sure there will be more questions in the future... buffalo wings, pigs in a blanket, elephant ears, finger food...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

I Really wish folks who didn't like a thread

didn't feel compelled to express their dislike for said thread.

that stuff is boring and not reflective of what people come to this site for.

Don't read it if it's uninteresting to you.

Explaining to kids how food works is extremely important.

A wise man once said..

Life is nourished by the death of other life. Simple as that.

Whether killing a plant or an animal, we all survive by ingesting dead life.

Even plants live off the decay of other life forms.

We didn't design it, It simply is what it is.

Source

Thelittleweldsman has also learned that chicken and "chickens" are the same.

He paused for a moment, but declared that, as a carnivore he would eat it.

He hasn't touched chicken or fish since...

I haven't the heart to tell him where ham comes from.

He thinks it's similar to cheese...

edit on 29/5/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: there is a reason for everything

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You know I was about 18 when it suddenly dawned on me. I saw a dead animal run over in the road...THIS is a DEAD animal!
I am eating flesh and blood and we call it juice...body fluids from something very similar to myself.

A person will eat a plate of chickens wings. The poor little wings off a dozen chickens :-( Who never even got to walk around and enjoy life.
My then husband and my children and my sisters all went vegetarian.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
When my daughter was 4, as a joke we told her chicken nuggets are made from dogs but only from "bad dogs who bite children".

She thought it over for a few seconds, said "OK, as long as it's just the bad dogs" and kept right on eating.

That's when I realized she is going to be just fine. Nothing is ever going to get in her way.
edit on 29-5-2013 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I so enjoy your stories; many of them make me smile; you have a wonderful way of communicating. Your son sounds like a joy to be around and very entertaining!

I am tall... 5'11" and a few years ago I was grocery shopping...I was in the produce section looking at the apples...and this very petite 5 year old girl was with her Grandmother...and she looked at me...yanked on her Grandmas arm...pointed at me and said..."Grandma look at the giant!"...I laughed about that for days.

When my son was about 4, a nice elderly gentleman was leaning down and talking to him, all smiles and nice.
My son looked over to me and said frowning very serious, Mom why is this guy so ugly?

Wow I almost fell through the floor with embarrassment.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

When my son was about 4, a nice elderly gentleman was leaning down and talking to him, all smiles and nice.
My son looked over to me and said frowning very serious, Mom why is this guy so ugly?

That is so funny! Seriously through didn't you have a good laugh about it! What did the elderly gentleman do? Did he laugh?

When we are very young; we sound so cute; and look so adorable; that really we can get away with saying things; that we cannot get away with saying as adults.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
aw thats so cute.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

That is so funny! Seriously through didn't you have a good laugh about it! What did the elderly gentleman do? Did he laugh?

When we are very young; we sound so cute; and look so adorable; that really we can get away with saying things; that we cannot get away with saying as adults.

I did something similar. I asked right in front of the lady, why she was so fat?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I laughed later but I was standing there with my mouth open not knowing what to say, the guy did not unfortunately laugh, her look pretty upset and walked away.

Then I had to do the whole teaching thing about why we don't always say what we are thing lol! Has provided many laughs for years and many others too!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

people losing their appetite?

This would be me

youtu.be...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So, i know this is a little late, but i saw this today and it totally reminded me of this thread!

Kids are awesome, its hard to debate a viewpoint so simple and pure

DC

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Looks like your son is on his way to becoming vegetarian. Anyway, good luck hehe. Children are funny and cute.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
So, i know this is a little late, but i saw this today and it totally reminded me of this thread!

This new thread posted a few minutes ago also reminded me of this current thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

My mother always kept poultry,just for the sake of keeping them,it seems

She hated it when my dad would occasionally slaughter one for roasting-as a kid i thought it was so freaky,them running around with their heads off.My mother always,always made roast chicken on Sundays-but she never ever ate the flesh of her own poultry-she bought chicken from the shop.When the freezer happened to be empty of shop-bought chicken,and my father happened to be home,or her sons felt like chicken,one of hers would be slaughtered-and i would marvel at the chicken running around gushing like a fountain.She would abstain from eating chicken on such days.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Cute, verrrry cute. What are you going to tell him when he asks what babies are made of? D:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayjay47
Cute, verrrry cute. What are you going to tell him when he asks what babies are made of? D:

He already knows. In detail.

We've spent the last couple of years trying to have another child. Many times, when I had an appointment with the fertility doctor, I had to take him with me.

In the consultation room, there was a huge poster that showed the various stages of development, from fertilization to birth. There were also 3D models of fetus in utero. Like any normal five-six year old, he had lots of questions.

I figured it best to give him the straight answers. Luckily, he lost interest and didn't choose to share with his fellow classmates.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join