It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little recent history on Monsanto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi, non-GMO fans !!

We ALL know that we must have ZERO trust to anything that is
lucrative, profit-making !!

It makes them liars, thiefs, greedy, crooked. . .you know what I mean? B-)

I CAN'T believe that anybody would take side for those crap-makers,
like oil, armament, pharma, nuclear, etc. . .

It is SURE we don't know all what is involved with
Mon$anto, BP disaster in the golf, the nuclear disaster in Japan,
the bad things done by the armament makers. . .etc. . .

Sooooo why is anybody defending one of them. . .???
Blue skies.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Thanks I'll look into it. Does it mention according to who these bees are DISEASE-LADEN?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I don't remember the exact names of people but it does provide a timeline of when testing occurred, when notices were sent out, when deadlines were established and when communications were ignored etc.

From the quotes and info provided, the IL AG dept responded with complete transparency in this matter even going so far as to highlight the credentials of their members to exhibit the lack of any ties with bio/pharma

Chalk this particular event up to hive-owner negligence. Makes for a great, dramatic story though if you have an agenda to push and you know how to write slanted prose

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

What if he really did have round-up resistant bees and they were all destroyed. Wouldn't that be a cause for concern? After all 99.999999999999% of the worlds population will never even hear about this dude with the sick bees, why should he matter? Well if he can keep the bees from dying off that would be good enough reason to bring this to light IMO. Too bad his hive was diseased.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Actually that is correct.

Research

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I find it funny how people think there are no farmers ripping off Monsanto seeds to grow their crops.

It costs a tenth of the price since Monsanto seeds do not need the pesticides that regular crops must have in order to grow to fruition.

There is not one single farmer that may take advantage of that?

Funny

Only the bt crops have pesticides engineered in them.

The other crops are Roundup Ready which means they were designed to withstand copious amounts of herbicides.

This does not save any money and only pollutes the soil and water ways while killing off biodiversity.

It is entirely possible to grow food without pesticides. Their are a few farms in the area that do this. I also did a research project on one of these farms for an agriculture class. They produced 150,000 pounds of organic food for the local food bank.
If you don't believe me, check out their site Mother Earth Farms

The key is avoiding monoculture. Monoculture puts a crop at risk for spreading disease and infestations.

Polyculture is the natural state of plant environments. It's also why "weeds" show up in monoculture fields. Nature wants to balance itself.

Unfortunately big corporation owned farmers don't want to do polyculture because they want their farm equipment to pick up every last bit of food.

So the farmer uses "cides" and hopes the consumer/manufacture is able to wash the "cides" off of the food before ingesting. Unfortunately some of the "cides" like the bt, can't be washed off.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Hope does this in every thread that she comments. No matter what the OP states she takes the complete opposite view no matter what. I have watched this over and over again! I completely agree with stating an opinion even if it is the opposite of another member, but I find it impossible to believe that someone would disagree with every single post written. Posting just for the sake of argument doesn't take the discussion anywhere. Monsanto is a heavy subject and most would agree they are out for only their profits at the expense of all others. To say one minute it is the farmers that are at fault and then later in the discussion casually state "I don't get a check from them..whatever" is showing no real interest in the true discussion.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

I've noticed this as well. I'm just back from Lunch and decided to stop encouraging him.
--
Now, back to the topic at hand. I agree with you. This is quite a heavy topic. It not only affects us today but will affect generations to come. That's why I believe we need to nip this in the bud by bringing awareness. I try to spread the word as much as I can but unfortunately most just don't care. But I do get through some so that's a start.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I find it funny how people think there are no farmers ripping off Monsanto seeds to grow their crops.

It costs a tenth of the price since Monsanto seeds do not need the pesticides that regular crops must have in order to grow to fruition.

There is not one single farmer that may take advantage of that?

Funny

Once again you are wrong. No surprises there. Monsanto seeds are engineered to be DOUSED LIBERALLY with their Roundup pesticide. The are engineered to be resistant to Roundup. This ensures that crops grown from their seeds will be full of the pesticide.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join