It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a lizard on Mars – why is NASA silent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I found this today and I am not sure if it is a hoax or not. I searched for the story on ATS and was quite surprised to find a similar story and more photos of lizard life on Mars.

This is a different thread started by Arken >
"Lizard in plain sight and creature with tentacles..."
And at first this appears to be the same story but I believe these are different batch of pictures that appear to show a different lizard on Mars. Could this be some kind of massive hoax or are these pictures CGI? Anyone?

Is that a Lizard???

A photo from the Mars Curiosity Rover reveals what appears to be a small animal or lizard on Mars.

The photo was taken on February 20, 2013 by Curiosity’s MASTCAM and a high resolution copy is available on NASA’s JPL/Caltech website.

The image was originally discovered by a Japanese researcher in March and uploaded to Youtube on May 14.

The small figure appears to have a tail, four legs and has the characteristics of a lizard.

If the object is indeed a lizard, then the photo from NASA’s own Curiosity mission not only reveals that life exists on Mars, but is also evidence that NASA is ignoring direct evidence of life.

Apparently...

a high resolution copy is available on NASA’s JPL/Caltech website.

edit on 28-5-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Is that a lizard on Mars - Why is NASA silent?

Nope... Its a rock...

Is Curiosity getting the best of you?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Is that a lizard on Mars - Why is NASA silent?

Nope... Its a rock...

Is Curiosity getting the best of you?

A rock that looks remarkably like a lizard? Are you saying it is a kick-knack like a marble figurine that is in the shape of a lizard? It does look a lot like that. Then how did the thing get there is what I'd like to know? Ha

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This has been posted numerous times, and months ago. Original thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
lol that's soooooooooo cute but yeh its a rock with legs sorry

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That would be, by my amateur eyes, a rock.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Are you saying it is a kick-knack like a marble figurine that is in the shape of a lizard?

No im saying its a rock... that looks like a rock... on another planet (Which is a rock)

Pareidolia (pron.: /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

edit on 28-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
This has been posted numerous times, and months ago. Original thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are right there I missed this one but that thread doesn't have a link to the story. Maybe it's not a rock? And this isn't the only similar photo...Arken posted some others. Like I said, is this a hoax? Do you know or are you surmising and going by what other posters said? Has it been proved a hoax? I suppose if it is a living thing it wouldn't be in another photo of the same area unless it is dead. I don't know. sorry for my ignorance and thanks for the link to the original story here.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It looks like a rock to me ... that's not to say that the rock is not a fossilized reptilian creature or a long-abandoned sculpture of some sort.

Who really knows though? It could be a rock creature that operates outside of our current scope of knowledge.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Are you saying it is a kick-knack like a marble figurine that is in the shape of a lizard?

No im saying its a rock... that looks like a rock... on another planet (Which is a rock)

Pareidolia (pron.: /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

edit on 28-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Yeah I've heard of it but sometimes it doesn't apply. If you saw a picture of my face and said, that looks like a face, Pareidolia doesn't apply, because it is a face.

So you are saying you have seen subsequent pictures of the same area and this structure is still present proving that it is not a living thing and is actually a "rock" or you heard something?... or what is your source of information that this is in fact a rock? It might just look like a rock but it doesn't quite even do that.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scolai
It looks like a rock to me ... that's not to say that the rock is not a fossilized reptilian creature or a long-abandoned sculpture of some sort.

Who really knows though? It could be a rock creature that operates outside of our current scope of knowledge.

This is funny. An open minded answer anyway...lol

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A rock that looks like a lizard? No way!

Well here's a lizard that looks like a rock.

Here's a leaf that looks like a lizard. oh...wait a minute...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

There is little to no atmosphere on Mars... I promise you... Its a rock...

Just like in my thread... the crocodile was a rock... the flower was a rock...

The battle ships.... were rocks...

The angle of the picture makes it look like something its not... IF they took the same picture from a different angle it would look like.... take a guess...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
A rock that looks like a lizard? No way!

Well here's a lizard that looks like a rock.

Here's a leaf that looks like a lizard. oh...wait a minute...

Wait...I can find you an octopus that looks like a bunch of seaweed, a rock, a snake, and a fish! But thanks!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Anyone can do that.
Can you find some seaweed that looks like an octopus?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Check it.

We, here on earth operate with a strong atmosphere. Therefore, our "scientists" (apple geniuses with a fancier title) assume that all life across the universe has to operate by the same laws and principles that we do. This is a logical fallacy.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Anyone can do that.

I can find corral that does....TED had an amazing expose on that by the way....not trying to "debunk" your statement...

ETA: Kind of proves a point though....we see what we want to see. Given that, our observations of lifeforms here on Earth are extensive and real time. Mars-side, we are reliant upon time-delayed images processed through NASA.
edit on 28-5-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Anyone can do that.

Any excuse to go diving.
I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

link   

Originally posted by scolai
reply to post by Akragon

Check it.

We, here on earth operate with a strong atmosphere. Therefore, our "scientists" (apple geniuses with a fancier title) assume that all life across the universe has to operate by the same laws and principles that we do. This is a logical fallacy.

Perhaps... but until life is discovered that doesn't need the same thing we do... that being breathable air...

Said "logical fallacy" remains logical...

link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Coral mimicking octopii? That is interesting.

But I'm not sure there's anything to be debunked in what I've said...except of course that the lizard on Mars actually is a rock.

<<   2 >>

join