It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent first cause: WHY IT IS IMPOSSIBLE

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by purplemer

The only kind of literal nothing I am aware of exists in two places - a vacuum, and inside a black hole. Even a black hole is iffy, given that both matter and light are in a constant state of being sucked in.

In a vacuum there is pressure. Pressure is energy. Energy is not nothing.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by jiggerj

NOTHING has no qualities.

Without something there cannot be nothing. What kind of nothingness are you talking about.. An empty 3d space that you can move you hand through. To perceive this nothingness a sense of time must past and it must contain all the parameters to allow you to observe it. So it would have qualities.

Or are you talking about a nothing that cannot be imagined because if you are we cannot even talk about it because it would have no definition.....

Sorry, Purplemer, I have addressed your questions throughout this thread and I just don't feel like writing it all over again. Feel free to browse the thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by Greylorn

Since you admit to being distracted by my previous reply, why not peruse it this time? First, look up "peruse." If it distracted you from questions regarding which you are not quite ready to comprehend the answers, then I've served you well.

Your persistence suggests that you are anxious to learn the answers to some high level questions. However, your style tells me that you are too anxious, and not a conscientious student. If I am to be of any assistance in your learning process, it would be helpful to know your educational background. Experience in the sciences is also educational.

In the meantime, perhaps you'd consider looking up Maxwell's Demon on Wikipedia, and following all the links. Let me know what you learn that interests you.

You are a strange and silly monkey. Once again did not attempt to answer my question, instead pretended to be of the stature to belittle me, you fool. I used the term distraction sarcastically, as one distracts and deflects from an argument with anything other then an on topic continuation of discussion. Why are you obsessed with Maxwells demon, and what is its relevance to any personal theories and ideas you may, somehow, have?

You will never know. Bask in your warm tub of ignorance. This is my last reply to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Greylorn

You have never thought of anything (of worth or value) that I have not already thought of, and you never will. Unless you know complete and total Truth, we are both chilling at the spa,and it appears the waters in your tub are overflowing.
edit on 12-8-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Here is a theory that solves the problem of "nothingness".

Nothingness doesn't exist.

Nothingness is non-existence and by definition non-existence does not exist, so there cannot be an absolute "void" or "nothingness". The closest we can get to that is empty space (without light, heat, sound, or matter).

Even empty-space is still "something" thought. It is energy.

There can never be a nothingness:

Maybe with "the big bang" there was never nothingness. Maybe there a spontaneous eternal energy and from that spontaneity it created a "big bang".

Maybe with if there is an eternal creator, that eternal creator doesn't do anything but exist, which may be why some call God "I AM". Spontaneously some came from this eternal STILL energy as individual consciousness/spirits .

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join