It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle east Section question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I have to ask this,

why is the Middle east section used for Pakistan Topics?
as its located in Asia and part of the Asian continent

www.nationsonline.org...

Pakistan is a sovereign country in the continent of Asia that is bordered by India in the east, Afghanistan in the west and north, Iran in the southwest and China in the far northeast. It is bounded by 1,046-kilometre coastline along the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman in the south.

uk.ask.com...

So I Must really ask why people use the middle east section for Pakistan Issues,
it cant be because of religion as India,Indonesia,Turkey have the largest Muslim populations and aren't on the middle eastern continent

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
because many bombings and many reasons for division are dived from Pakistan.

+ middle east is not defined exactly by some organization.

And turkey is most of the times refereed as Mideastern country because it is involved and connected to the events and activities.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It's an American thing. Their logic goes like this:

Brown person = Muslim
Muslim = Middle East

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Brown person = Muslim
Muslim = Middle East

No

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Because it's between the near east and the far east.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It's an arbitrary term with no geological substance. All of the middle east is in Asia. There is no continent of the middle east.

Pakistan gets thrown in because it is a Muslim nation which exports terrorism. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then bomb it.

edit on 28-5-2013 by Midnight4444 because: Spelling issue

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Actually blame the whole stupidity on Greenwich set ups…

Everything east of (0 degree) Greenwich is EAST… west of it is WEST.. Or else it is known as Asian continent (as being taught in geography classes in primary schools in whole continent).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Brown person = Muslim
Muslim = Middle East

That's funny. I spent time in Australia, and the racial discrimination was palpable. And not just immigrants, Australia just recently ended your own genocide of indigenous brown people, so maybe you should worry more about the attitude of your own nation before you try to skewer mine.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

middle east is from Pakistan, Afghanistan to north Africa (Egypt). I always looked at it this way.
this is the first time someone is making me doubt !
one hand of Al-Qaeda is in Syria, and the other hand is in Pakistan. it's legs are in Saudi Arabia and the head .... USA ?!?
hey by this logic even USA is part of middle east ! or maybe middle east is part of USA !!

edit on 28-5-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As far as I'm aware, Afghanistan may SOMETIMES come under the label of "Greater Middle East", but doesn't REALLY count as the Middle East. Pakistan is not Middle East at all.

But yeah, the reason so many people make the mistake is their assumption that Muslim country==Middle East, which is pretty hilarious, considering that the countries with the most muslims (Indonesia, India, Bangladesh etc.), don't count as the Middle East at all.
It'd be like using Africa (accounts for more than 20% of the world's Christian population) as an example of Christian behaviour, and assuming all Christian countries must be part of "Africa".

top topics

join