It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attractive form of Feminism...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyskull
Modern feminism Translation: Hello, I am a very self centered,selfish and egotistical woman.You will have to date me for one week to find out if I am outright hostile, or ultra passive aggressive. I am never wrong...ever. Do you like my dreadlocks, if not your a fascist.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Greyskull because: words left out.poor sentance structure.

Agreed Your right you know!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The Suffragettes were one of the most important movements in Feminism. The lengths these women went to get the vote should be remembered by all, not just feminists. Without their efforts and sacrifices, there would be no feminism.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Might have known you'd be a voice of reason woody....

Feminism thats attractive, I laughed out loud when I read the title. Feminism isn't about making a female attractive, thats just nature.....Yes lets not allow women to have their voices heard, and to protest in a way that is 'unladylike' its more important for them to be chaste and demure than ruin the fallacy of what women should be . You know when the US had their revolution fought for their freedom they did it with lotsa guns...women, millions gained freedom from oppression, without firing a single shot. But yes lets scream at yell at the witches for daring to protest or daring to fight for their freedom.

Hello, my name is Zazz, and I'm a feminist.

Im not a angry selfish violent lunatic you all seem to portray about women who cherish equity and recognise sexism at play.

If I could get down on my knees and kiss the feet of the women who brought me the vote and released me from simply wearing a apron, I would. And if a woman wants to wear a apron, I say I support her and love her for choice to do as she wishes, not as she's told.

Gender dynamics are so misunderstood. I'm not a feminist to gain power, I am a feminist because I believe in my right to achieve anything I want, live how I choose.

I understand why some women feel radicalisation is their only option as outlet. It is so multi faceted and has so many philosophies it cant be lumped into the one "brand"

Hey you know who is the only chance of saving Islam from itself? Their women.....
They carry the torch now, it s a shame anyone thinks of it as feminism, as opposed to human dignity and equality.

The haters are cordially invited to tea at my place, I promise no violence will ensue, I won't take away your manliness, only individual men can do that themselves. Oh I wont burn a bra either cause I have some very pretty ones and that would be a waste.

Attractive form of feminism, heheheh thanks for the laff....

edit on 30-5-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think the zeitgeist or public mood in Europe right now is a bit different than in the USA.

I suspect that Les Antigones are positioning themselves this way in response to the antics of "Pussy Riot" in Russia, disrupting Orthodox Mass with a parody of it aimed at Putin.

I noticed in their video that Les Antigones specifically mentioned not being an attack on religion or people's faith.

While Europeans (particularly French and German) are more accepting of public nudity, the sight of bare-breasted feminists with profanity written on their bodies seems the opposite of attractiveness---using their own sexuality to "sell" their viewpoint in the worst tradition of Madison Avenue advertizing campaigns. That particular fad seems like a total sell-out of feminist mores, demeaning women's bodies by turning them into angry, if totally hot, billboards.

Feminant Militism is more than a critique of society; it is the demand that the individual drop ALL their values, and adopt a particular marxist worldview. You cannot be a good feminist and keep your religion, your old political affiliations, or your prior relationship with men.

Les Antigones makes Pussy Riot and FEMEN look like the BACCHAE from classical literature: drunken, naked, and looking to devour men and art.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

I also found an online comment (still looking for a verifiable source) that FEMEN actually hires "professional dancers" to stage their protests. Take a look at online images and see what you think.

The Ukrainian branch seems to be led by a former model who lost in a local election. (Blue and Yellow are the Ukrainian national colors, so when you see those colors in their logo, you are probably looking at the Ukraine branch.) I also found some questioning about corporate sponsorships in Germany, from a radio station and various technology retailers?

My French is deplorable, but I also think the originally posted video from LES ANTiGONES is complaining that FEMEN is supported by the French government, why ANTIGONES had their building surrounded by riot police while they were filming their video. Basically, claiming that FEMEN is state-supported, and the Government is antagonistic toward any other "free speech."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join