It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus doesn't come back for another 100,000 years?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Christianity does not embrace reincarnation, so the question is moot for us here and now, and due to disembark the mortal coil in our alloted times...

That's one of christianitys spaghetti bowl supremes...one life, one chance...presumably there is a heavenly factory somewhere manufacturing the souls that inhabit the mortal bodies of 100,000 years hence...perhaps the factory is only now being built...an enterprise of that scale would be a long time in construction...

The rest of us, will be either floating through the clouds playing harps and such...or, burning like sausages on the hell barbeque...

Makes sense to me...

Å99

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

In answer to the title of your thread: (What if Jesus doesn't come back for another 100,000 years); I say...

What if Jesus has already come back; taken a look around and left?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Actually many think that (reincarnation) is spoken of in the Bible. Please read the article linked; it is very interesting.

Link: reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Please don't come back soon! I like my life here on earth, it would be a pain to live in hell/limbo/paradies.

Do you even realize what that would mean IF some semi-god would appear on earth? In less than 48 hours, several million would be dead from suicide alone, several million others from spontanous wars over "thats my god, not your god" and last but not least this J. Christ would bring the end of the world itself.

No, thank you. That is a really, really stupid idea if you look at it without all that religious brimborium and bling-bling along it.

It would mean terrifying, devastating desasters, all man-made!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well, if you knew much about ancient Israelite rites of sacrifice and offering, you'd know that as the Melchizidek, he'd only be gone away to intercede for about 2 days which in God's time, is roughly 2000 years if 2000 years is as a day to him according to the apostles. Right now to Jesus he's only been gone about 2 days interceding at the Temple in Heaven at the Mercy Seat. You'll know when he leaves the Mercy Seat when all hell breaks loose on earth and the wrath of God is unleashed.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Actually many think that (reincarnation) is spoken of in the Bible. Please read the article linked; it is very interesting.

No there is not reincarnation in the bible, people who reference John 9:1 are not aware that according to jewish beliefs 2000 years ago, it was a common belief that a child could sin while in the womb that would cause it to be born deformed. In their ignorance they plumb the depths of scriptures blaspheming in matters they know nothing about. People perpetuating errors and chasing after their own imaginations in want of their own evil desires.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmmortalKorrupta
How does one even measure the worth of someone? How do you know I would ignore him?

Would you worship anyone but jesus?

Would you worship a mere mortal?

It has to be a fiction or you would find that there are many people on this planet today that are far more worthy of praise than christ.

Jesus isn't a fantasy to me. Again, you are trying to tell me what I would do and Why I do it. I worship Jesus because he is the Son of God.

Then he is a delusion to you, if not a fantasy. He is the son of god simply because a man said he was the son of god.

Either way he exists only in your head. Or can you tell me where I can meet him?

There is a lot about God that I don't understand. This doesn't prevent me from disregarding him completely.
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. Right?

I never said people aren't within their very rights to worship imaginary things or believe what they want. Not at all, that would be highly presumptuous of me and imposing. However, I can notice and identify the problems I see with the whole thing, and pointing them out is not unreasonable.

Ultimately, if you need an imaginary god to make your life worth while, it is no one's business but yours.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Wolves will be wolves , tearing others appart.

Hyenas will be hyenas , waiting for opportunity and attacking nations in groups.

There is no need for Jesus while people believe GW bush saying "god told me to invade Iraq in a rose garden"

Stupid will stay stupid unless they change their actions.

And maybe I should tell you about other plans of zionists.

1st step was funding Israel
2nd step is Nile till Euphrate.
3rd step is taking back the world from the goyim.

I see that Jesus is flowing in all the plans.

And it is hard for hard headed to claim "we have been defraud by Zionists".

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Killcomic
reply to post by EmmortalKorrupta

Any evidence on that?

I think that history speaks for itself.
Today, we use little to no logic. We have smart phones and the internet to do it for us.

Ahh it was obviously a lot better when we nailed people to a cross for being a bit mental. Or let lions rip them apart for our entertainment.

Logic and reason in biblical times.

lol

We have electric chairs, executions, and the UFC. lol

How does that prove that we're less logical and reasonable now, than 2000 years ago? Because we have electricity?

Hmm.

lol/?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The origami masters would have you believe that there is only one life...'get in quick!'...not a concept that would emanate from an intelligent Source

Å99

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No there is not reincarnation in the bible, people who reference John 9:1 are not aware that according to jewish beliefs 2000 years ago, it was a common belief that a child could sin while in the womb that would cause it to be born deformed. In their ignorance they plumb the depths of scriptures blaspheming in matters they know nothing about. People perpetuating errors and chasing after their own imaginations in want of their own evil desires.

The same happens on these very forum pages...

Å99

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, if you knew much about ancient Israelite rites of sacrifice and offering, you'd know that as the Melchizidek, he'd only be gone away to intercede for about 2 days which in God's time, is roughly 2000 years if 2000 years is as a day to him according to the apostles. Right now to Jesus he's only been gone about 2 days interceding at the Temple in Heaven at the Mercy Seat. You'll know when he leaves the Mercy Seat when all hell breaks loose on earth and the wrath of God is unleashed.

Where did you say the popcorn machine was?

Å99

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

They might put a hand on its forearm, but they certainly dont embrace it...

Å99

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

The main point is that we think that WW3=Armageddon, and this is not necessarily so.
There isn't even a such thing as a "Battle of Armageddon" in the Book of Revelation.
Armageddon shows up once,

Now the spirits gathered the kings and their armies to the place that is called Armageddon in Hebrew.

What people do is decide that it means the valley of Megiddo, where historically there were battles, then assume that there must be a battle going to happen.
It ignores that it is referring to Mount Hermon, the traditional home of the Canaanite god.
The prophecy is of a god summoning the kings of the earth to His throne to give them a stern talking to.
If you look at the word normally translated as "battle" in the preceding verse, in the Greek, it is, polemos.
Think of the English word, "polemic", which comes from the Greek word, polemos, that means according to the dictionary: "a controversial argument, especially one refuting or attacking a specific opinion or doctrine."
edit on 28-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killcomic
Religion is an artefact of past societies. We're moving towards a class 1 civilisation (globalization) where logic and reason are essential requirements to survive. Chances are that religion will not survive the move.

What about creativity and freedom?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I've gotta agree with this post.

And to the author of this thread ... Jesus won't come back in 100,000 years. Humanity can't last that long. The Earth won't support us at the rate we are chewing through it's resources. He'll have to come back sooner, rather than later. Ya' know??

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
In the western countries it's easy to predict-It dies out. It's dying out in Europe and will die out in the U.S. over time. Church attendance is going down all the time. It's only a matter of time before most of the western world abandons religion altogether.

Prechristianity there were other religions too. If Christ dies out, another one will take over. God help us if it's Islam.

Or should I say "Allah"

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by antonia
In the western countries it's easy to predict-It dies out. It's dying out in Europe and will die out in the U.S. over time. Church attendance is going down all the time. It's only a matter of time before most of the western world abandons religion altogether.

Prechristianity there were other religions too. If Christ dies out, another one will take over. God help us if it's Islam.

Or should I say "Allah"

People have tried to rub him out of existence for 2000 years. Rabbi Gamaliel said 2000 years ago that if the faith he started was not of God, it would have soon faded out and come to nothing and been forgotten, but if it was of God then anyone trying to destroy it would come to find themselves fighting against God himself. Romans throwing christians to the lions and gladiators for sport only increased our numbers, so don't worry we're not going anywhere. He is capable of raising up believers out of people like me, who couldn't have cared less at one time.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

How would we keep the faith?

by blind irrational faith in the unseen.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

People have tried to rub him out of existence for 2000 years. Rabbi Gamaliel said 2000 years ago that if the faith he started was not of God, it would have soon faded out and come to nothing and been forgotten, but if it was of God then anyone trying to destroy it would come to find themselves fighting against God himself. Romans throwing christians to the lions and gladiators for sport only increased our numbers, so don't worry we're not going anywhere. He is capable of raising up believers out of people like me, who couldn't have cared less at one time.

Romans capitalized of Christianity, that's why "you're here"...
Or did you think the inquisition and all the black years of the church was god simply doing his miracles? The church and their BS was used as a political tool. It was popularized by the people who controlled the masses, as a method and means of controlling the masses. The other faiths went by the wayside and their members were persecuted as heretics.

So easy some forget.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join