It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are really prepared for the Dog Eat Dog society you relish and preach on this site?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
I sense a certain attitude in many posts here at ATS. It's an attitude that shows no sympathy for those viewed as lesser than yourselves.

Many feel that the homeless, welfare, drug addicts, and other bottom of the barrel people are getting what they deserve and shouldn't be a drain on the rest of society.

What you are preaching and asking for is a dog eat dog world. A devolution from our civilized society. You wish to return to when everyone cared for just their immediate family and damn everyone else.

Why do so many wish to return to such a time?

I ask are all of you (who will probably be too shame to post in this thread) REALLY built for such a society? I don't think so, you actually want a society that's half civilized and half savage. Especially when it comes to yourselves.

How many of you are young, strong and trained to survive in such a savage society? I'd wager that there is a percentage who spew they want such a society but they would be among the first to expire should we return to such savagery!

Many of you speaking of all this heartlessness are out of shape and may even have disabilities. You would be among the FIRST to expire. You should want this society to be as civilized as possible. You are all hypocrites!

You talk about this savage society what is your definition of savage. Living with fire building our homes out of mud and straw, protecting our own from thieves, raising man to fear the tru magics, (manipulation of man by any means... presentation of words, color, sound, pictures. A day where the men of the family fought for their land and freedom and were not alone. Where those in the right, no matter how wronged they were would not kill 1.5 million innocent women and children. Where we would not punish a country and its citizens for the work of any one man, but instead hold the corporation and the ones enforcing orders responsible.

Are you talking about the days where we ground our own flour for bread, traded for sugars salts and spices, where we killed our own meat and mostly everyone grew their own vegetables and milk was giving out by the government for free as a thank you for paying taxes.

Or are you talking about the days where linch mobs were so bad that crooked politicians and corruption were scared to do its citizens wrong.

Or are you talking about the time where the only money was a mans word and barter and trade.

Or are you talking about the times when EVERYONE KNEW how to fish. Cuz trust me dont no one know how to fish.

Or are you talking about the days where... my point was already made and I would have the whole damn village behind me backin me up. And to add if someone preaches about anti government or small government he better have the ass to back up that talk or he aint gonna make it very far.

And your comment about damning everyone else. lol that is when we were more connected as a people.

And all of these homeless drug addicted welfare abusers would have been raised better jack.

I think you need to study your cultural history Just a little bit more... Wait start from scratch.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

You better not be calling me hypocritical jack. You are not even a conspiracy theorists. You just post articles from mainstream media on this site if it has anything to do with the government. Also you are very PRO-GOVERNMENT from where I am reading your threads and posts.

HYPOCRITICAL.

read this thread and Ill show you HYPOCRITICAL....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Many feel that the homeless, welfare, drug addicts, and other bottom of the barrel people are getting what they deserve and shouldn't be a drain on the rest of society.

Give an example of what type of posts would lead you to make an extreme statement like that.
You don't have to quote exact posts ... just give us a flavor of those that you think are calling
for 'dog eat dog society'; Thank you.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

WOW you are way above top secret lol

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Unfortunately, "carrying" the others is a part of a civilized society.

Helping those who need it or are in a temporary bad situation ... yes.
Continually carrying those who refuse to help themselves but could... no
Big difference.

Do you believe there are enough jobs for every able bodied person in this country....

There would be if we could be rid of the illegals clogging the system.
That would open up the lower paying jobs for high school and college students.
And it would open up the lower paying jobs for those who don't go past high school.
And that would in turn boost the economy and upper level jobs would be created.

A lot of the jobless problem could be fixed if illegals were sent home.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I know exactly what our inner cities look like and what will happen if (as many people seem to wish) welfare and foodstamps were discontinued. It's not something I want! I'm addressing the people who DO want this and wish to devolve to savagery.

So you are saying that the working class must pay off the inner city non-workers so that the 'inner cities' won't go out and loot and kill because they don't get their handouts?

What is sad is that a lot of those 'inner city' people that you are talking about have made some very bad life decisions ... like getting hooked on drugs and having bunches of children whom they can't (or won't) take care of ... children who don't even know who their fathers are ... decisions like robbing people to get money to spend on $200 sneakers because it's 'cool' ...

... and you wonder why people who work for a living don't want to support that? Really? You are endorsing paying shake down money for those in the 'inner city' who are partly responsible for their own situations.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I do have empathy for my fellow man, which is why I am against the welfare state that only serves to destroy initiative, distrupt families, and create an entrenched impoverished class. You don't help your fellow man by making him dependent on government handouts...you only help the entrenched politicians who use those handouts to buy themselves votes.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I never preach that Dogs should eat hot dogs with relish.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
to be honest i'm surprised there aren't more individual mass shootings because of the way society is these days.. no one bothers to acknowledge you let alone offer any help if needed so when limits are hit it seems an easy answer for a lot to blame total strangers which leads to killing as many people as they can before they get taken down by the law or themselves.

i think a lot of it is "suicide by cop" but mostly due to society as a whole and how it is.

we need to put down the "smart phones", pause then take a look around.. say hi to someone even though that'll probably get you killed but it has to start somewhere.

i think maybe a lot of people look upon anyone destitute and think it could so easily be them.. just one paycheck separates them from having a place to live to living on the street and could be a reason.. "by the grace of God go i". that is my optimistic view though because sadly i know it's not the real reason.

it used to be we would worry for our children's future.. 30, 40, 50 years ahead but now i can't help thinking how horrifying it could be in the next 6 or 8 months of every year we make it through!!

to many people have the "take care of me and mine, drop out, go off grid, let God sort'em out" mentality so we can't and won't fix anything until we come together as a people and get us right before we can even think about healing society or the world for that matter.

anyway.. at this point it seems like a pipe dream.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I agree 100% with your OP. With this kind of Dog Eats Dog attitude, great minds like Stephen Hawkin, who are physically disabled, would have never survived and maybe even killed by a more arrogant but physically stronger elite. Goodbye evolution, introduce devolution and Dark Age.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

I do this already, and to be honest, people give me some weird looks sometimes. I have to say some of those times, was just saying hi, how are you doing? with a I'm good in reply and a walk on my way. Sometime it's just a smile and a nod that can make you have the best day possible.

People are social animals, we are not purely visually social ( i.e. texting, and forum posting ) we need to hear smalltalk, the awkward body movements, the characteristics that define each person as them.

If you ask me, we already live in a Dog eat Dog world, we have been there ever since we left the 80s and seemed to of died somewhere along the line and got turned into an emotionless robot who is hell bent of being popular and rich.

being popular is to be there for everyone that you know as the person that they know you as, not to spread yourself so thinly that everyone just looks at you as an acquaintance.

being rich is to have everything in life you feel you need and wanted, normally not having to do with anything you can buy, or acquire through mass amounts of working.

This is why Kids and Elderly are so kind and caring for the most part, they either see or haven't had it taken away that life is and has always been much more than what you have and who you know.

It's all about who you are, and who you want to be...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, you are right. Humanity is so weakened because of technology that we have grown lazy and fat, incapable of even enduring the hottest summer without airconditioning. So accustomed to our items of leisure and convenience, we have lost our hardiness. Technology doesn't strengthen, it weakens our bodies and our minds. People nowadays can't go 2 seconds without cell phone or internet or they get bored and are unable to even function properly. If a cataclysm ever occurred, few westerners would survive. The majority of the human race left would be in Africa, or the far north with the Inuit native american peoples. We are not ready for that world, no one ever can be.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, you are right. Humanity is so weakened because of technology that we have grown lazy and fat, incapable of even enduring the hottest summer without airconditioning..

Hey ya'll .... the OP isn't talking about what you think he is.
He's not talking about TEOTWAWKI ... that kind of thing.
He's talking about what would happen if ENTITLEMENTS for the inner city STOPPED.

The title of this thread is very misleading.
and people didn't read what he posted.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He's talking about what would happen if ENTITLEMENTS for the inner city STOPPED.

I don't know, it is a bit misleading and all over the map. I don't think it's solely about if entitlements stopped for the inner city, in fact "inner city" is not mentioned in the original post at all. Here are some quotes from the OP:

What you are preaching and asking for is a dog eat dog world. A devolution from our civilized society. You wish to return to when everyone cared for just their immediate family and damn everyone else.

I ask are all of you (who will probably be too shame to post in this thread) REALLY built for such a society? I don't think so, you actually want a society that's half civilized and half savage. Especially when it comes to yourselves.

How many of you are young, strong and trained to survive in such a savage society? I'd wager that there is a percentage who spew they want such a society but they would be among the first to expire should we return to such savagery!

So when I read that, I answered that I think I am prepared. Current Western civilizations are probably in a bad predicament should that happen.

Where did you read entitlements or inner city in the OP? Or did I miss that later in the thread? =D

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well, you are right. Humanity is so weakened because of technology that we have grown lazy and fat, incapable of even enduring the hottest summer without airconditioning..

If entitlements for the inner city stopped, the people would leave and go into the country and find jobs, earn a living, and contribute to society. Entrepreneurs would then come in, rebuild the inner city, buy and sell and everyone would prosper. The reason they call them entitlements is because people feel they are "entitled" to have other peoples stuff, money, food, etc.

I am not saying don't feed such people, we need to do that, but don't give them free phones, Tv sets, free housing, etc. Give them something to eat and something to wear and perhaps maybe, just maybe they'll want to make more out of themselves than to live off other people's hard work and effort.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I sense a certain attitude in many posts here at ATS. It's an attitude that shows no sympathy for those viewed as lesser than yourselves.

Many of you speaking of all this heartlessness are out of shape and may even have disabilities. You would be among the FIRST to expire. You should want this society to be as civilized as possible. You are all hypocrites!

I've come across posts on here of individuals who seem to relish any catatrophe that will cause a breakdown of society. They have no clue as to what that world will truely be like. Some who aren't true preppers think they're ready but haven't lived outside their mother's basement, but because they have a years supply of powdered chicken want to bring the apocalypse on. This is just a reflection of wanting to change their mundane, boring lives. Be careful what you wish for.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Give an example of what type of posts would lead you to make an extreme statement like that.
You don't have to quote exact posts ... just give us a flavor of those that you think are calling
for 'dog eat dog society'; Thank you.

I have lurked on this site for awhile now, and I can tell you that there are several posts made on a daily basis by people who are craving for a dog eat dog society, where they look down upon the less fortunate and make assumptions about people because they are on welfare or have to resort to using SNAP.

They want these people to starve. They want unfortunate families who cannot find decent employment to provide for each other to starve. No UI, no welfare, no healthcare, no food, anything. Just let them starve, and in their warped minds, they believe that these "lazy" people will just die off. What a tragic assumption.

I laugh when I read posts from the haughty individuals that yearn for the society where people are starving in the streets, because they believe that their belongings, loved ones, and personal safety will be secure in such a world.

They should pray to their god that the day doesn't come. No matter how many guns you own, you can and will be overwhelmed when the wilding begins. I myself lead a comfortable existence, but I am not foolish enough to think that my right to bear arms can protect me when a mob of starving people whose psyche has been pushed to the brink in a dog eat dog society come knocking at my door.

Keep begging for your dog eat dog society in this country. Blood will bathe the streets, and men will swing from lamp posts.
edit on 28-5-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

If entitlements for the inner city stopped, the people would leave and go into the country and find jobs, earn a living, and contribute to society. Entrepreneurs would then come in, rebuild the inner city, buy and sell and everyone would prosper. The reason they call them entitlements is because people feel they are "entitled" to have other peoples stuff, money, food, etc.

I am not saying don't feed such people, we need to do that, but don't give them free phones, Tv sets, free housing, etc. Give them something to eat and something to wear and perhaps maybe, just maybe they'll want to make more out of themselves than to live off other people's hard work and effort.

What evidence do you have to support your hypothetical scenario? These people, who have no money, will be able to afford to move to the country and find jobs?

Really? What a fantastical view of reality you have.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

As far as myself, I have not had a very hard life but I have not had it easy either. One thing I have always been taught to do from a young age was how to survive. My dad would take me out and teach me how to fish, how to hunt, how to find shelter, ect. So for me it is kind of like revenge! I am so sick and tired of the way things are going and the way the upper class treats others that I really do honestly hope it happens, because I know I will survive. I cant wait to see all these pompous people who walk around with there nose in the air, driving a benz or BMW, deal with it. I Feel it is the less fortunate, who have had to learn to survive that will thrive. It will have a larger impact on the ones who have had a carefree life than the ones who have had to work for what they have.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Nobody should be forced to help anybody , a healthy society is founded on meritocracy,
our system now through many reasons , one of which is the obligatory corruption inherent
in our system of ever increasing Govt with it's machiavelli participants whose election or
reelection demands and rewards dishonesty, both in power and money.

We actually live at best under a Communist lite ideology, and moving closer to Communism
and Fascism both similar management systems.

Since dynamism flourishes and diminishes in relation to economic freedom and freedom in general
i would prefer to live in a free as possible society giving me as many opportunities to progress personally
and Society holistically.

Afraid has nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join