It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Conspiracies from History

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've been wanting to write about this for a while, there are so many people who vehemently deny any conspiracies have ever existed and stridently attack anyone who dares contemplate them- even on a website supposedly devoted to them. Here is a sampling of true, genuine, documented conspiracies from modern (mostly) history:

The Boston Tea Party, rebels conspired to destroy tea shipments after the king created a monopoly on tea:

www.history.com...

Vietnam War, the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Decades later, the defense secretary from the time of the Vietnam war that killed tens of thousands of people needlessly admitted that the provocation that started the war didn't really happen:

socioecohistory.wordpress.com...

WWII the Zimmerman note. Germany tried to bribe Mexico to support them in the war, offering to give parts of the southwest back to Mexico in return:

www.jstor.org...

The US military Sprayed Germs on U.S. Cities as a test:

rense.com...

The Bush administration lied about Iraq having WMD as an excuse to go to war, knowing all along they didn't have them:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Vice President Dick Cheney made his own intelligence unit to get intelligence supporting the Iraq war:

www.salon.com...

Other War on "Terror" atrocities such as Secret prisons, Rendition, Warrantless wiretapping, and now Drone strikes on American citizens are well documented recently and well known.

Libor scandal, a giant bank had traders fix currency trading rates to create windfalls:

business.financialpost.com...

This is just a small sampling of the many conspiracies that happen all the time in our world.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Reichstag.
en.wikipedia.org...

Possibly the most important real conspiracy in modern history.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
FDR has admitted that the American Government knew at least three days ahead of time that Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor was going to happen, and had a good idea of when, but allowed it to happen because at the time the American public was very much against getting involved in World War 2.

The next day, public opinion changed.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Reichstag.
en.wikipedia.org...

Probably, because 9/11 was possibly a copy. Except blame the Muslims, instead of the Jews.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Reichstag.
en.wikipedia.org...

Probably, because 9/11 was possibly a copy. Except blame the Muslims, instead of the Jews.
Yessir. Whether or not 9/11 was an inside job or not, it cannot be argued that it has been used in the exact same way as the Reichstag.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
hi op

What is a conspiracy?

Conspiracy theory is a term that originally was a neutral descriptor for any claim of civil, criminal or political conspiracy. However, it has come almost exclusively to refer to any fringe theory which explains a historical or current event as the result of a secret plot by conspirators of almost superhuman power and cunning. To conspire means “to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or to use such means to accomplish a lawful end.” The term “conspiracy theory” is frequently used by scholars and in popular culture to identify secret military, banking, or political actions aimed at stealing power, money, or freedom, from “the people”

Here is a couple i remember:

Lusitania, America's orchestrated excuse to enter ww1 (good business for usa)

Hitler killing his half niece because he was in love with her (hitler a pedo? not sure)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

FDR has admitted that the American Government knew at least three days ahead of time that Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor was going to happen, and had a good idea of when, but allowed it to happen because at the time the American public was very much against getting involved in World War 2.

The next day, public opinion changed.

I was also going to put that in.
seemed strange that only the ships from the post ww1 era were left in the harbor. (off the top of my head so i maybe wrong, and its late, sorry)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think mind control is the biggest conspiracy and why all those exposed conspiracies
have been successful and never against the law unless you got one that was tried.
I think the 1947 Security Act has far reaching consequences giving government the
right to dismantlement any effort to find power (like free energy) greater than what it
already has sanctioned and the 1913 Charter of the FED were always big on the net
for years. Nice job on bringing to light those conspiracies.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

There are so many people who vehemently deny any conspiracies have ever existed and stridently attack anyone who dares contemplate them- even on a website supposedly devoted to them.

I've been on ATS longer than most, and I've never seen that. What I have seen is people asserting that one or another of the conspiracies discussed on this forum is imaginary. And from chemtrails to the 'suppression' of 'evidence' for the generation of free energy, many of them certainly are.

Of course there have been many actual plots, conspiracies, disinformation schemes and frauds in history. Everybody has heard of at least one, from the Gunpowder Plot to the conspiracy to murder Julius Caesar. But that's a bit different from believing the authorities put mercury in vaccines to poison people's children.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Whether the mercury claim is real or not, to dismiss it as a ridiculous impossibility ignores the facts. I mean, if they would put radium rods up childrens noses as an experiment, they would do anything.

The stated reason was to shrink the adenoids. The real reason was to examine the long term effects on hearing. Yeah...they experimented on innocent children at Johns Hopkins, under a federal grant, so that they could create long term problems which could then be studied.

And you thought you mattered as a person in this country.
Now get back in your petrie dish.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

As you please, Tex. Kindly do not lose sight of my point, which is that the existence of real conspiracies does not mean that all the conspiracies discussed on this site are real. In fact, most if not all of the most popular thread fodder on ATS is made up from whole cloth – just as you would expect on a popular entertainment site whose content is largely driven by its members' tabloid habits and mental problems.

If you think the MMR conspiracy theorists are right, you're welcome to that view; mine happens to differ, which is why I used it as an example. I could just as well have used the Illuminati, 'Paul is dead' or the conspiracy to murder small-town geniuses who have learnt how to run their Studebakers on water. Do you believe in any of those, perchance?

Oh, well, it doesn't matter if you don't; someone else will be along in a moment to defend them and abuse my intelligence and my morals for not believing in them.

Amazing how tiresomely predictable the 'unconventional thinkers' of ATS tend to be.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There may not be free energy in a lot of schemes but there is an awful lot of them.
The government can't risk any successes and usually finds some reason to take
their magnets away. Like all the Tea Party groups, how do you find the scams
is not the issue just eliminate the competition.

What is known are free forces for driving UFOs that are Tesla ship and thus we
have the Tesla conspiracy called free energy perhaps but they do not use
magnets however spark circuits may cause communication interference problems
real or made up just to haul out any offending equipment.
edit on 5/27/2013 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
What is known are free forces for driving UFOs that are Tesla ship and thus we have the Tesla conspiracy called free energy perhaps but they do not use magnets...

See?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

all fair points. And no, I am not one to buy into any of that nonsense (although various vaccines....I can totally buy that they have other purposes either instead of, or in addition to the stated purpose).

I think autism is an environmental ailment. Like the surge in violence in the 1900's was shown to be tied to environmental lead...the rise of autism in recent years is likely resultant from some other environmental contaminant.

For the sake of rambling....small town geniuses are not killed. Often all geniuses are identified and brought on board government programs. Patriotism is all that is needed. It is a matter of national security.

edit on 27-5-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Nemmine.

edit on 27/5/13 by Astyanax because: nemmine.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Nemmine.

edit on 27/5/13 by Astyanax because: nemmine.

If it makes you feel any better, i really like all the shiney badges on your coat.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Nah, it's just that I couldn't remember whether it was Edward Teller or John von Neumann who used to ask his grad students whether they were 'villing to vork on veapons'.

I'll have you know those badges were hard-earned. The Dear Leader was cranky, you see; there were days when one just couldn't get anything right.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I side with Astyanax on this one.

We all know that conspiracy happens, that's why there is a word for conspiracy. (hint : that word is conspiracy).
However, in most documented cases, none of these "conspiracies" have involved (to our knowledge), anything other than governement, clergy, big buisiness (or a motley mix of all) playing a game that we can all understand : POWER© (coming soon to a planet near you).

These entities needed to stay in power, because power was their original purpose. Thusly, they allied with other groups, schemed, funded, murdered, false-flagged etc...whatever they had to do to stay in the game, because, as I have already mentioned, the game was the very nature of said institutions/groups.

However, if our history books are correct, no proof indicates that Guy Fawkes was the agent of satanist grey aliens, nor was the gulf of Tonkin a bohemian grove ritual sacrifice and I am also quite certain that the Boston Tea-Party was not a planet-X alignement plot to destroy the world to benefit the gay/communist/feminist/jew/homeless/nazi/illuminati agenda.

So... do conspiracies exist : yes.
Is everything a conspiracy : no.
Are many conspiracy theories out there completely bat$hit crazy : yes.
Are some of those true : maybe.

My point ? By affirming that they *know*, most conspiracy theorists *prove* that they don't.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Reichstag.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Reichstag Fire was used to frame the Communists, not the Jews. A dutch Communist was blamed for setting the fire by the Nazi's. The main state enemy of the Nazi party was Communism. This is why so many prominent Americans felt that America was fighting the wrong country in the European theatre. Patton was famously quoted as saying that his tanks should continue on to Moscow from Berlin.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
bump

top topics

<<   2 >>

join