It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens, Truths', Lies, and confusion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have been trying to figure out for about a week IF and HOW I was going to present this thread to my fellow A.T.S. members. I have been on this site reading additively for years, longing for valid information to try and sooth the urge for knowledge and truth. Weeding through the trolls, the BS, dis info-agents, Idiots, false propaganda spreading pessimists. I have seen evidence supporting an idea that some members on here bashed to shreds, later to find out the evidence was correct, and some folks turned their backs on the later proven idea because of members with a silver tongue sold Eskimos ice-cubes and convinced them it was gold.

With this being said, I have come to the conclusion that EVERYTHING can be dis-proven, regardless of the facts or evidence to an idea or theory. Some people believe what they see and others see what they believe. We base most evidence around what little laws we know of regarding the laws of nature, physics, etc.. There is a lot of junk that is being posted in response to threads that take up peoples time and furthermore insults the O.P.. I have been around ATS long enough to know what to expect from some members here when I posted this. I didn't, or don't expect simply positive feedback, someone will have to show how cleaver they can be, and how rude they don't mind being.

-Back on track- I have seen some things on here, and other (more credible sources) that I believe to be valid information get picked apart and reversed engineered to lobby towards another theory or idea. This I have learned to live with as part of research and development. ex.- ex-CIA / former military officer comes clean on his experiences.--- there was a time when that's all people needed, wished for, or wanted in order to believe in an idea. We had tin foil hat wearing eye whiteness' telling us of abduction stories, with a few shabby photos of some frisbee like objects in the sky to get the gears in our minds turning. This was our evidence in the early days. And this was after we dreamed of photo evidence. I might be calling this early, but do you see where I'm going with the discrediting of sources? We wanted photos, we got them. We wanted videos, we got'em. We wanted the testimony of ex-government officials that were in the right place at the right time, guess what.... we have got that too, and yet no matter what is presented in front of pessimist, they can or will try to persuade others of anything but what is or could very well be the truth.

I, before being "awakened" would have had the idea that if the president himself came on live T.V. and accredited advanced technologies to the existences of extra terrestrials then it would confirm my beliefs. I now put ZERO stock in anything he or most would say coming from the media, or government. What would it take for YOU? I have felt in my soul if you will that they exists. It was not a choice for me, I choose not to lie to myself intentionally . So with more credible sources then myself coming on here with their testimony being denied, I don't expect much from this post other then what I feel is doing my part to you 'guys and letting those of you with doubt know that I know they exists. This has come from the only source ON THE PLANET that I can think right now that I would not question, and for very very good reasons. So there it is. I have said it, I was informed of a few other light details on the matter but I would like to see what kind of response I get from this post before I decided on how much or little information to give. I have witnessed MANY people coming on here with
BS stories, and false claims, and I know I will be view as another from some. And some will attempt to dissect myself and my claim. but im not here to try and prove it, because like I mentioned some will NEVER have enough proof to be content. I knowing this am now for the first time content. I wish there was a way for you guys to have witnessed the moment that was presented to me.

Hell I even thought of audio recording this moment while it was happening, but I knew then that this would not only not convince enough people but would royally screw the person talking. As long as my fellow members are asking the right questions and showing some respect for my attempt here, I will talk about this and what little I know. Thanks for reading.

edit on 27-5-2013 by I1Am1Ready1Are1You because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sigh. ...You haven't gave me a starting point to indicate what questions we should be asking you in the first place.

Continue with your story...

(dunno why you feel the need to be coaxed instead of just sharing the damn thing)..

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

The point of the post (even as long as it is) was to say that I know for what I believe to be a confirmed fact that Aliens are real, sorry for the confusion I'm not trying to be coaxed into answers I just don't know how much information I can give without getting the source in trouble. so IF there are questions I can answer I will, or at least try to answer hopefully without ending the career, and maybe the life of the source.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

The point of the post (even as long as it is) was to say that I know for what I believe to be a confirmed fact that Aliens are real, sorry for the confusion I'm not trying to be coaxed into answers I just don't know how much information I can give without getting the source in trouble. so IF there are questions I can answer I will, or at least try to answer hopefully without ending the career, and maybe the life of the source.

If there's any risk to your source then you've already got him/her in the poo because anyone with real info will be monitored 24/7 and they'll know all about you.

Best thing you can do now is to get it out into the open, like Lazar did!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

I'd like to hear your evidence.

I do, however, reserve the right to apply logical interrogation to that evidence.

Do NOT, for one minute, think you can state a claim and leave it out there as untestifiable truth.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

If there's any risk to your source then you've already got him/her in the poo because anyone with real info will be monitored 24/7 and they'll know all about you.

Best thing you can do now is to get it out into the open, like Lazar did!

He's buggered off, mate.

I suspect that the first few replies asking him to prove his assertions may have scared him off.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

Fair enough, I already feel as tho this thread might have been a mistake, but too late to back out now. and I don't think I have posted anything that will lead trouble to my source. I'm sure if "they" wanted to find me it would not be to difficult, for I am not hiding and am doing very little to cover my tracks. however I can say that my source opened up to me one night, and the source probably already regrets it because it was under the influence of alcohol (there is ammo for the dis info agents) and over a decade of this person not seeing me, got excited and opened up to apologize to me about snickering at me along time ago. (gone for about 9 years working for the government) I know a drunk BS story coming from this person when I hear it. And I have known and trusted this person for over 25 years. In fact this person used laugh and call me paranoid and what not for believing in aliens. (source never believed)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PheonixReborn

I'd like to hear your evidence.

I do, however, reserve the right to apply logical interrogation to that evidence.

Do NOT, for one minute, think you can state a claim and leave it out there as untestifiable truth.

Mmn s'pose your right, this needs to be in personal stories or grey area maybe. OP has just given us a personal testimony really.
However for me to believe that aliens were real, it would not take the say so of the "president of the U_S_ of A., i would have to meet one in person, landing in my garden while im pulling up my weeds.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

For some people a craft landing in their garden would be a military exercises, lol

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What kind of aliens?
How did you find out "for sure"?
Personal story/experience or a friend's?
Back story?

You've given us nothing. I know they exist too, only because they have too. Space is too vast for them to not exist.

Are they visiting Earth? That I don't know - but they might be.

I'm open to hear other people's experiences.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Right OP - I'll bite -

What Aliens are real?
Are they Visiting us?
Do they contact us?
Whats the situ with the Government?
Know anything about disclosure?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
Right OP - I'll bite -

What Aliens are real?
Are they Visiting us?
Do they contact us?
Whats the situ with the Government?
Know anything about disclosure?

I am terribly sorry to disappoint, I knew I would because like you, I once wanted ALL the answers. I don't have much other then I was told they are here, have been here. didn't not specify on "race" the only thing the source said that stumbled a little believing was that they were "friendly". I wish I had more. unless I am forgetting some of it, that's another reason why I wanted questions maybe to help recall what the source said. and I really mean it when I say I'm sorry to disappoint, I will speak with the source about the matter again when I feel its the best time to talk about it with the source. the source got angry talking about it, I am assuming because this person did not believe for so long?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I know it wouldn't be a problem for me to give life for the higher cause of letting the public know if ETs are real, assuming that I'm in the possesion of strong evidence.
Just saying.
But then again, your story is just a story, nothing more nothing less.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And I thank every post so far for being respectful and not being rude or calling me liar, I pride myself on the truth. so again thank you.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Exactly, I don't have an alien head in my room to give the public, believe me im the same way, I always thought I would sacrifice my life for the greater good of the people, unfortunately I don't have that opportunity. This is all I have to give at the moment.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to say this, but I know there are a few people on ATS that have things they could share, from their own experience, and very trustworthy sources. But ATS will never hear what they have to share, because of some of the reasons you mentioned, and more.

The waters have been tested, and they have been found to be bitter. S&F.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, let's just take an example of a widely known credible source telling of a good look at a disc-shaped object in the sky and his observation not just for a moment but enough to see it from multiple vantage points and see that it could hover and move away at high speed. And since this was in the early 1950s, the performance of what he observed is awfully hard to attribute to secret military craft. He makes no claims about aliens, just the facts of what he saw and the circumstances.

The video was uploaded to YouTube by ATS member easynow. And it remains unchallenged on ATS so far.

And if the word of one person, no matter how well respected, isn't enough, then maybe the Westall case is worth studying, with over 200 witnesses, many at close range. Witnesses had a reunion 40 years later, still sticking to their story. The case remains a nightmare for debunkers. But there are many multiwitness, multimode (radar-visual) cases.

edit on 27-5-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

And since this was in the early 1950s, the performance of what he observed is awfully hard to attribute to secret military craft.

Hard maybe, but not impossible. We truly don't know what the black budgets have come up with, and when they came up with it. But we do know that certain technologies were around 40+ years before the public ever caught wind of it, or had access to it. The 64-bit processor is one example of that.

Star for you. A good post.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

There are only 2 types of non-believers... 1) Those who haven't done enough research (books, videos, websites etc.) 2) Those who know (or have been ordered to) try to dissuade everyone else (think like mainstream media folks)

Too bad they don't monitor this board better.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WildSkyView

When I jointed this board, I was pretty firmly in the believer camp. Over the last two to three years, the information on this board has degenerated to the point that I am very skeptical at this point. Perhaps I need to find a better source of information, but, I haven't really been able to that either. I am not saying its not possible that aliens are visiting or have visited in the past. There are a many cases that are hard to explain. Its just that after this many years with so many people trying to find evidence and no concrete evidence appearing, it is disappointing. There is also a theory, the simplest answer is generally the correct answer. The simplest theory in this case being aliens are not here.

I firmly would like to believe they are here. But, the vastness of the cosmos, the technological barriers required to travel here and the likelihood of finding our planet among the billions of planets in the galaxy make the odds very long. If Carl Sagan's estimate of 10 intelligent civilizations in the entirety of the galaxy is correct including us, think of the longs odds of one of the other 9 visiting us or even being technologically advanced enough to do so. I am 48 and at this point just hoping to learn the truth within my lifetime.

To the original OP. Its a nice story. But, the problem with all these stories are they are third or fourth hand evidence, they don't answer the basic questions of where they are from, what is there objective etc.

Like yourself, I know several people who have had connections to various personnel in government agencies who would have had to have been in the know if it were true. Two of them asked personnel within the Bush administration and the agency and the answer they received back is that it is not a topic we are allowed to discuss. My friend's father who was the person with the connections discussed this topic for hours one night. He felt there was a strong likelihood aliens had at least been here and had contact with our government. But, despite having close working relationships with many high level government officials, he said he did not have one credible piece of evidence to back that up. He was suspicious of some of the weapon systems his company built in terms of where the technology came from. But, again, he indicated that there was not one single piece of evidence to suggest it was not of this earth other than he was not able to explain where it came from. Yet, we were able to build it. Which, btw, if America ever gets into a war for its survival with other humans on this planet, there is a zero percent chance of America losing...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join