It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Never Get Past My Depression, Will I

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yup, we are utterly alone... but not all the time. There are moments were we truly empathize, or share a transient thought. That very occasional glance with another person who "gets it."

I suppose the small moments of co-being make it worthwhile... a bit. That's why lovers, excellent food, shameful drugs, a nice view, doggies, mystery, music and decent authors make it worthwhile... in spurts.

Spurts is all we gots.

edit on 5/29/2013 by Baddogma because: how could i forget music... real music

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thank you for the kind words and sharing...

I read your note to another about how crying helps you feel better. I totally agree - it can be cathartic and every time you experience this, a little more sadness/anger/depression is taken away. Whether or not you tell your parents is absolutely your decision since you know them best and can foresee their possible reaction.

If you can or want to, please let us know how you're doing later and if the doc(s) are any help!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Smyleegrl,
Vitamin and supplements really work. They work more synergistically. The modern life has caused us to have more chemical imbalances than any other time in history. You also might have genes that could cause certain nutrients to be deficient.
Maybe you could go through this thread-
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wrote it after much research. I am talking about months of reading research materials. Although what I wrote is pretty simplistic(looking at average reader of this site) the points I made were relevant. I will admit I did not read the whole thread, however the points made by a lot of people are relevant.
Since you were taking Seroquel, I believe you probably were diagnosed with being bipolar. There are lots of supplements that can help. Before I talk about that I would like to say that if your system is unbalanced then even using these supplements would not correct the problem only mask it.
Spectracell has a micronutrients test that would tell you if you deficient in any thing.
www.spectracell.com...
Some supplements to look at-
Vitamin B
Vitamin D
Omega 3
DHEA
Ashwagandha
Methionine
Lecithin (I like the sunflower kind)
Taurine
Tyrosine
Phenylalanine
I find that doctors are really deficient in understanding of nutritional biochemistry. They are taught to push pills to mask the situation instead of correcting it( where is the profit in that?)
Other suggestions-
Yoga (my wii has a yoga game with a stand; wii fit, you can easily find one cheap at a pawn shop)
Meditation
Working out
Eating right - Limit dairy and meat intake. Juice if possible. Avoid MSG, high fructose. Drink plenty of water.

Either way good luck. I believe with the right research and nutrition most cases of depression can be severely reduced. There are plenty of papers to read on google scholar if you get into researching what can help you.
Some links for you to read-
psychcentral.com...
www.longecity.org...
disorderlychickadee.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I just joined solely to reply to this message knowing that no one may read it. I've suffered (and I mean suffered) from anxiety for nearly 50 years. I can still remember the first time I noticed it but was too young to recognize it for what it was. It became "normal" for me as did the periodic bouts of depression. In my 30's and 40's I began to explore why I was the way I was. Each subject I took on had its own unique dream. As I gained understanding my dream (at least most of them) would gradually change. And yes I had dreams with demons in them. When I came to better understand the situation the dreams would stop. Since then I have made one major change in my life. Previously, I always saw myself as the victim. To change that I delibertly began to attempt to see positive things around me. If someone at work said something negative about an event I tried to say something positive. Eventually, the positive thinking has become a vital part of my life. The anxiety is still there, the depression still comes and there may be several days before I get back to thinking positive but I do. I currently have a job where everyone is dissatified with management. Management is not going to change. Everyone wants out (and we will all leave) and complains about why they took the job. With each one of them I have sat down with them and talked about what they have learned, the skills they have acquired, the knowledge they have about how not to treat people. Things they would not have acquired if they had not worked here. Most of our discussions are not about how we better understand management and why they do what they do. They are still incompetent and we all will be leaving asap but rather than get mad at management we can accept them the way they are. To summarize, what began the change in me was to see something positive in everything (this helped with the depression that was situational in nature but not yhe biochemical.) I've learned that my anxiety will never go away but I can deal with it. By asking myself "what is the worst that can happen?" the power of the anxiety lessens to the point I can overcome it. Just writing this is an example. I have never told anyone about this part of my life. There is power in your mind, the same mind that feels the anxiety but the mind can win out over the anxiety. My periods of depression have lessened, the severity has decreased. When the depression starts, I can recognize it but I know that it will not last. I am more postive and less anxious than any point in my life. In fact, I have a job interview next week. If I get the job I will be leaving behind a job I have been at for nearly 25 years. My anxiety about change kept me there. But the freedom I feel now will continue to last even if I don't get the job because my self image is no longer controlled by my anxiety and depression. I now welcome change (hopefully, one change will be the job....lol.) You can live with depression and anxiety and not let it contol you. By having the anxiety and depression I believe I never would have gotten to this point in my life and that makes the last 50 years worth a whole lot.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visceral
reply to post by FyreByrd

You are right...it does help a little if I keep busy, but its so hard finding the motivation.

I was on Paxil for a while, it was not something I'd recommend. Coming off of it sucked. Panic attacks and feeling of electrcal shocks through my body. Anything that can do that cant be good imo.

Thx for your reply.

I have found that now that I know I'll feel better once I start my day - the motivation is there with less and less effort. I look forward to unknown problems, difficult people and who knows what because it keeps me busy and in the now.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

spurts is all that is available to us when those spurts are gotten from external forms.

All external forms are passing, and to attach happiness to it is to attach happiness to death

when you let go of all the external, and you see that in yourself flows this eternal spring, then there is no more happiness to be sought for, and you see the connection within everything

loneliness is only a barrier that is conceived in the notion of the mind that believes it is itself separate from the rest of existence

what is it that you are attached to in your beliefs about the way things should be that keeps you feeling alone ?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join