It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions on streets after slaughter of British soldier: War memorials defaced and mosque firebombed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Tensions on streets after slaughter of British soldier: War memorials defaced and mosque firebombed as EDL prepare to march on Westminster

www.dailymail.co.uk

Two of Britain's most celebrated war memorials have been defaced, apparently with the word 'Islam' scrawled across them and inscriptions scrubbed out with red paint.

Police have confirmed they are investigating the vandalism of the RAF Bomber Command Memorial in Green Park and the Animals In War Memorial in Park Lane, both in central London.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I had no idea where to put this, so mods if you need to do your thing.

I try to be open minded, and then I see things like this. As if there isn't enough people waiting and ready for a fight as it is, let's encourage some more out of the woodwork. Either side. Whoever did it. Morons.

I'm wondering how long it will be before someone in this thread claims the EDL must have done this. Though I note the article has already raised suspicions.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-5-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It was probably the EDL which did it, to stir the pot.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

I'm wondering how long it will be before someone in this thread claims the EDL must have done this. Though I note the article has already raised suspicions.

Wow, even I didn't think it would be only one post. Gosh.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
With tensions this high, I would not be surprised if a non-Muslim defaced the memorials with 'Islam' just to incite more anger and violence.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I would love a better image of what appears to something writen in arabic on the wall and something further along which appears a bit fuzzy what do you think ?
It could be something from the korahn

I have circled the parts I mean

S&F OP

edit on 27-5-2013 by dam00 because: forgot picture

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Looks like punks and hooligans trying to get full blown riots going over a tragedy that can fade over time, if given half a chance.

I must say, England has a certain anarchy element within it's society that we don't have here. We have worse in other ways, don't get me wrong to suggest a better/worse between nations comparison when that isn't what I mean. What I DO mean though is that things like this are ones I take with real suspicion, given the % that seem to gain an almost sexual gratification from the street fighting and unrest from things as simple as a sports game gone wrong. This is the ultimate 'street party' for those types. They just need emotions cranked up a bit more than they are now, IMO.
edit on 27-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

I think it's this.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Let's blame any group but the obvious, you people will say anything to take this out of the hands of the religion of peace. Where are the cameras to capture the culprits in the act. If it is a group who are out to escalate the situation and are responsible, prosecute them. I think because of the recent incidents someone (Government) should be setting them up to catch the real culprits anywhere there are memorials to commemorate the fallen. 1984 here we come...

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And there's the rub.

Even if it isn't EDL types, as evinced by the first few posts on this thread, people will assume it is.

I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter any more who actually did it, both sides can use it for however they want.

And this is London. It will be on CCTV.

If it's EDL it'll be all over the TV showing the footage. If it's Muslims the footage will be 'lost' or inconclusive.

link   

Originally posted by kimish
With tensions this high, I would not be surprised if a non-Muslim defaced the memorials with 'Islam' just to incite more anger and violence.

They spelt it iSLAM which is odd, someone who has'nt got a grasp of basic English

would you be suprised if this was done by a radical muslim ?

Im just suprised by how many people automaticly think its the EDL, they are'nt the smartest bunch lets face it, but with there recent track record for getting caught at attemted backlashes, I dont think they are stupid enough to try this.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

The EDL are so thick they'd probably black up using cocoa powder and marmite.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
reply to post by dam00

I think it's this.

Thank you, I would say thats it, not arabic at all then my bad,
Animals in war
Odd

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I can't work out why everyone is so keen to escalate this.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but up here in Manchester everyone is pretty breezy. Obviously people are sad for the poor chap who was murdered - especially as he's a local lad - but I don't get the sense that anyone's ready to riot.

It's almost as if people think the barbarism of a couple of murderous idiots doesn't have to become more than what it actually is - the barbarism of a couple of murderous idiots.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

It's a monument to the horses, dogs etc that serve in the British forces.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
reply to post by dam00

It's a monument to the horses, dogs etc that serve in the British forces.

I know what it is, I think its odd it was attacked and to scribble out the writing as well
I dont get it

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I just really hate to think of English and Muslims, as groups, squaring off for a proper fight when the reasons it's based are all fabricated and invented for precisely that outcome to happen. It's not like there aren't religious nutjobs elsewhere. Just an hour down the road, we had a homegrown lunatic pull a mosque burning that could, in some places of the nation, have triggered a lot in response from others in the community.

Joplin Mosque Fire - 2nd in Summer

I understand England isn't near as 'Jolly' as times past..if those past times really ever existed anyway. I think the issues and passions here go far beyond just what could end with a few nights of rioting though and really hope cooler heads prevail in the communities before lines get crossed that can never be uncrossed.

I can't help but think a large group of people going at each other with lethal intent using strictly edged weapons and clubs would be a far more horrible scene, no one who saw it later could forget, than anything done by guns. Some of what I see in imagery from North and Central Africa of what machetes can do, large scale, is horrible stuff. Rwanda was 800,000 killed by edged weapons in the vast majority, within 100 days. Scary times with the passions we see building. Legitimate passions...but based on legitimate events to be enraged about?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's the Daily Mail, you shouldn't pay any attention to those scaremongering tossers.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am confident that the cool heads will prevail, I know that the majority of people in my country are sensible and rational enough to not allow recent events to stir them into a frenzy. The percentage of people that would like to see a race war or clash of cultures in our streets is small but they are however very high profile and vocal.

Political and community leaders of all stripe must not use the situation to further there own agendas and instead step up to the plate to lead by example. If ever there was an opportunity for us to demonstrate the sort of people we are in the UK this is it and I believe we will not be found wanting.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Where it be hooligans or muslims, there is/are element(s) out there that wish to promote violence and create unrest.

People just need to chill the #### out!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join