It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember...? **memorial day**

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yes, thank you my brethren, thank you for signing up to get your heads blown off because the government promised you a life full of money. Thank you for setting your morals aside for materialism, thank you for dying for a country that not only wouldn't die for you, but wouldn't lift a finger to give you or your family healthcare like ALL of the other 31 developed countries have. Thank you for taking the easy route out of highschool (or middle school) and doing what you're told because you don't have a creative bone in your body. Thank you for killing millions of innocent little brown people because our own government flew planes into ourselves and lied to you about it. Thank you, for "defending" our freedoms that haven't been threatened by an outside source since WWII. Thank you, for being a bunch of useful idiots. The only purpose military should serve is to defend, not to go halfway across the world and offend people because our government killed our own people and we want to believe there is a race of bad guys across the ocean that's responsible. Thank you, so much.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27
reply to post by seagull

Yes, thank you my brethren, thank you for signing up to get your heads blown off because the government promised you a life full of money. Thank you for setting your morals aside for materialism, thank you for dying for a country that not only wouldn't die for you, but wouldn't lift a finger to give you or your family healthcare like ALL of the other 31 developed countries have. Thank you for taking the easy route out of highschool (or middle school) and doing what you're told because you don't have a creative bone in your body. Thank you for killing millions of innocent little brown people because our own government flew planes into ourselves and lied to you about it. Thank you, for "defending" our freedoms that haven't been threatened by an outside source since WWII. Thank you, for being a bunch of useful idiots. The only purpose military should serve is to defend, not to go halfway across the world and offend people because our government killed our own people and we want to believe there is a race of bad guys across the ocean that's responsible. Thank you, so much.

Didn't have anyone in your family who was forced (drafted) to fight in some American war. Point well taken for the young cool guys who think they are tough and like guns.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah I remember while most people will be drinking beer, and eating hog dogs,. and burgers joking, and laughing having a grand old time.

There were those, there are those, drinking sweat, eating dirt, getting shot at, and blown up for not just one day or one war on some no name battle field long forgotten by most though out the centuries of this country.

I haven't forgotten Memorial Day, most people have.

They signed up for it, to shoot or be shot. It's not like you sign up and they tell you "were going to be chasing rainbows", no they tell you that you will have to "Kill" other people, straight and simple. They don't even hide it, as soon as you go and start signing up, the first thing they ask is, "you know that you will have to kill other's?".

Making heroes out of criminals, what kind of lessons are you people teaching our younger generation?

I agree with you but we can't apply this to the wars where our ancestors were drafted and forced into service like vietnam and WWII.

Those men could have easily dropped their weapons, that includes both sides. They could have easily taken off their uniforms, give a big and nice finger to the generals and do jail time instead, jail time for not killing other people.

I agree we cannot label them as criminals, even my grandfather said it was hard not to shoot back because more then half the time if you were to retreat, your own people would shoot you, and more then half the time, you had no idea who was shooting at you.

But remembering such horrible days and years even, I can't see how that benefits anybody, especially younger generations.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

As a Soldier I say Good Words Sir ! As a Soldier I applaud your attitude toward War as it is a human condition that we shall never be cured. War is a tool in the chest of governments across this world. War is also hope for some. War is also pain for far too many. War can bring benefits to many. War also brings many misery. War one could say is harbinger of things to come....more wars.

As a Soldier I applaud your words not because I agree with them but because you are able to say them because of hundreds of thousands like me that have given you the opportunity to speak your mind. In many countries I have been in you would be one of the privileged if you even had access to the internet to read of war much less to speak against it.

As a Soldier I welcome your opinions and your views. Many Soldiers if not all hate war...more than anyone else. This is true despite the words of bravado often spoken before a Soldier sees War first hand...it does not take long before they realize that War is ugly and no matter what enemy you face they are all humans just like yourself....it does not take long for us to forget either and the bravado is again spoken...and the cycle is again continued.

As a Soldier I can tell you many Soldiers agree with your sentiments...that wars are fought for expansion reasons...one government against another. As a Soldier I can also agree with you that the current War is not fought for your Freedom but because of it. We are able to fight for the Freedom of others because of those before us...the Soldiers on both sides...the Soldiers that died for a cause.

As a Soldier I can tell you that while we do not fight always for your Freedoms...we are fighting for someone else Freedom. The little girl that wants to go to school....the little boy who wants to read a book other than a religious one....the old farmer that wants to grow fruit instead of opium...the woman that wants her children to grow up and be something besides miserable....this I have witnessed first hand...so say all you want...speak your mind....teach the world we are dirty murders...teach your children War is wrong...teach your grand kids that War is ugly...but also teach your children and grand kids that because of Soldiers in the past...you are able to teach them about War.

Conservative or Liberal...I believe that this may actually be the one thing that both can agree on...that War is ugly and one of our worst traits as humans....Conservative do not hold the sole responsibility for War...that is a human trait not indicative of one ideology. You Sir can continue to voice your opinions...publish your work....read about War....and protest War...call me names....spit on me....scream at me....and I will smile Sir because I know that many before me and many beside me died to allow you that Right for Freedom....so YES Sir Soldiers do fight for your Freedoms....your right to continue to have those Freedoms....hate War but dont hate those called upon to serve you and others.

And where the heck is all this money I was promised ? And who the heck made that promise ? The kid at Circle K makes more money than I do and a lot of kids receive a bigger allowance each month than my paycheck....its not money...you must be like twelve if your believe we do this for the money. Its about opportunity...many dont have mommy and daddy to pay for college....many do not have the silver spoon that must have delievered your baby food....many do it because they feel a sense of responsibility to serve because of what little they do have so remember what you have and be thankful...and then grow up

edit on 5/28/2013 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27
reply to post by seagull

Didn't have anyone in your family who was forced (drafted) to fight in some American war. Point well taken for the young cool guys who think they are tough and like guns.

No I did, I'm sorry but if I were in their position I'd "trade a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage" any day. Look at what Muhammad Ali did, he stood up to the man in this country because he didn't have any issues with people overseas. He had more issues with the old white men trying to force a gun in his hand and say "Kill Kill Kill!". Now THAT'S a real American hero.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Wake up, TPTB want you to type here so they can learn about you. Yes they are evil.

"They" already know about me. I've a folder somewhere in DC thicker than your laptop. You know what? I STILL ain't skeert. What are they really gonna do with that info, anyhow? If they can read, then they know better than to have a go at it.

YOU be scared of "them". I've got sunshine to soak up.

Unlike some of my friends.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

They signed up for it, to shoot or be shot. It's not like you sign up and they tell you "were going to be chasing rainbows", no they tell you that you will have to "Kill" other people, straight and simple. They don't even hide it, as soon as you go and start signing up, the first thing they ask is, "you know that you will have to kill other's?".

Making heroes out of criminals, what kind of lessons are you people teaching our younger generation?

Q: "What if the threw a war, and nobody came?"

A: You'd get overrun in pretty short order.

Sleep tight tonight. There's a reason you can, and it's not through your own effort apparently. It's because someone ELSE was willing to "sign up" and stand in the gap for you, and fall if necessary.

Many of them did just that - fall. It's not a video game, and there aren't any respawns. they're permanently dead.

Spit at us "criminals" all you please. We KNOW why you can sleep at night. We know, because we've seen. You apparently haven't. I'd call that a job well done.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

But remembering such horrible days and years even, I can't see how that benefits anybody, especially younger generations.

Those who can't remember are doomed to repeat the same mistakes through ignorance.

Remembering is what gave me the ammo to convince my own son not to go into the military.

Remembering ain't always a bad thing.

ETA: I think I'll leave this thread now, and go take a walk in the woods with my old hound dog, before my calm gets disturbed and I get my silly ass in trouble over not much of anything at all. Ya'll have a nice evening!

edit on 2013/5/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Funny thing is I am still waiting for a day of remembrance for all my fallen ancestors who helped all you Caucasian/ Anglo/ Europeans survive in this new land only to get the royal screw over.

2013 and still waiting. Last census reports that Native Americans including those of mixed decent account for less than 2% of the population.

From the US Census

The 2010 Census showed that the U.S. population on April 1, 2010, was 308.7 million.
Out of the total U.S. population, 2.9 million people, or 0.9 percent, reported American Indian or Alaska Native alone. In addition, 2.3 million people, or another 0.7 percent, reported American Indian or Alaska Native in combination with one or more other races. Together, these two groups totaled 5.2 million people. Thus, 1.7 percent of all people in the United States identified as American Indian or Alaska Native, either alone or in combination with one or more other races.

If I am the only one who sees something wrong here than I am losing all hopes for this country.

Black History Month------ Check

Memorial Day ------ Check

Presidents Day------ Check

MLK Day ------ Check

Thanksgiving-------- Has nothing to do with Natives/ it is a celebration of harvest-------Check

Valentine’s Day-------Check

Etc. Etc……

In fact here is a link to every holiday there is in America, yet not one involves Native Americans

Holidays in United States in 2013

I refuse to honor or participate in these events until my ancestors get proper reckognition!!!!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To my brothers and sisters, especially the ones that didn't make it back home.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

You know I have been wondering the same thing, millions of people raped, and murdered for nothing more then the conquest for gold and land.

The freest people to ever walk the earth (First Nations), are never remembered. Only the criminals that killed them, are remembered as heroes and great explorers.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah I remember while most people will be drinking beer, and eating hog dogs,. and burgers joking, and laughing having a grand old time.

There were those, there are those, drinking sweat, eating dirt, getting shot at, and blown up for not just one day or one war on some no name battle field long forgotten by most though out the centuries of this country.

I haven't forgotten Memorial Day, most people have.

I agree with you but we can't apply this to the wars where our ancestors were drafted and forced into service like vietnam and WWII.

Those men could have easily dropped their weapons, that includes both sides. They could have easily taken off their uniforms, give a big and nice finger to the generals and do jail time instead, jail time for not killing other people.

I agree we cannot label them as criminals, even my grandfather said it was hard not to shoot back because more then half the time if you were to retreat, your own people would shoot you, and more then half the time, you had no idea who was shooting at you.

Point well taken. Remember however that back in the 30's and 40's people didn't know the gov was corrupt. Also you say they could have just put their weapons down on both sides. Then you correctly refute that statement in the second paragraph. I respect your grandad and his generation. I do not respect the new species of soldier who is in it for the video game type fun and guns. Memorial Day is not meant for them.

edit on 28-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Yeah that's what I said, it's hard because they were forced to kill basically, by the people that forcefully sent them there.

You people read between the lines or something?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunder2u

No! Honor those who never made it home on Memorial Day.

Veteran's Day is the day to honor us.

Which war did you fight in?
edit on 28-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Like another poster mentioned, Cassius Clay did the right thing.

It is not my fault you let the Gov send you there to die. You should have chosen the Jail time that keeps you here with your family and you have better survival chances too.

Like I said, Cassius Clay was the perfect example.

If people will learn to recognize propaganda (something that appeals to your emotions, not logic) then we would never have went the route we did, then again who knows, so is the power of hindsight.

P.S. Still waiting for remembrance of my fallen ancestors.

edit on 28-5-2013 by IntrinsicMotivation because: grammer

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Eminem said it best in his song “Mosh”

Maybe we can reach Al'Qaeda through my speech

Let the President answer a higher anarchy

Strap him with an AK-47, let him go

Fight his own war, let him impress daddy that way

No more blood for oil, we got our own battles

To fight on our own soil, no more psychological warfare

To trick us to thinking we ain't loyal

If we don't serve our own country we're patronizing a hero

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
To all the soldiers who swore the oath to protect this Country from all threats Foreign and Domestic, by not protecting this country from the domestic terrorist in D.C. you get no sympathy from me or my ancestors. You are just as guilty of treason as the people you take orders from.

Time to soldier up if you want my respect and remembrance for good deeds done.

When will the troops unite and say enough is enough?

Don’t take this personal, I am not the one who signed up and swore the oath. Just like the Police, I know there are good ones out there & I do tip my hat to you. My only question is when will you unify your ranks and take a stand to protect this land that was stolen from my ancestors? If you do nothing then it will be stolen again.

History likes to repeat itself and America is not exempt from that fact.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
To my brothers and sisters, especially the ones that didn't make it back home.

And I'll second that in my booming vavoom voice that could drowned out a
Bigfoot, because Ghost has got me chew'n nails.

edit on 28-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by Ghost375

No, I refuse to vote because I know all politicians, like willing soldiers, are scum.

As usual, blanket statements, in and of themselves are false.

Polictians are alll that way. You haven't noticed yet? Which planet you on

I agree in general and would add that the vast (very vast) majority are corrupt in one way or another, but I am also pretty damned sure that of the thousands of politicians in the US that there are a few that are there attempting to do the right thing, to make changes from within. Problem is their struggle is an uphill one at best.

Are you so jaded that you believe that every single politician is scum?

edit on 28-5-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Q: "What if the threw a war, and nobody came?"

A: You'd get overrun in pretty short order.

Sleep tight tonight. There's a reason you can, and it's not through your own effort apparently. It's because someone ELSE was willing to "sign up" and stand in the gap for you, and fall if necessary.

Many of them did just that - fall. It's not a video game, and there aren't any respawns. they're permanently dead.

Spit at us "criminals" all you please. We KNOW why you can sleep at night. We know, because we've seen. You apparently haven't. I'd call that a job well done.

What kind of bs do they feed you in the military?

Why in the world would i honour or respect a person who signed up to kill other's?
I mean, if you signed up, and stayed here on the shores making sure no one invaded, AWESOME, hats of to yah!!

But invading someone else's country, murdering the people there, actually gives me more trouble sleeping, because I know there are idiots making enemies around the world everyday!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join