It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember...? **memorial day**

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

You're the problem. You support murder. I do all I possibly can to stop it.

Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out... and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel.... And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man" - with his mouth. ~Mark Twain

War is Hell.

Period.

There will always be "murderers" on this Planet. Those that rape the land of resources, those that sit behind their monitors and proclaim themselves "internet warriors", while people starve. For EVERY murderer, there are Hypocrites. It depends on how you want to label yourself, or others.......

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Is the possibility of every sacrifice made by, every service man since 1775 ending up to be in vain.

The vast majority of wars since then have been wars of expansion. Their sacrifices have been to expand the military industrial complex.

This "holiday" was completely manufactured by TPTB to promote their agenda.
Don't be dumb. Do you really think they've been fighting wars for your freedom?

War is unacceptable and anyone who participates is scum. period.
I know you brainwashed conservatives here won't like this, but it's the damned truth.

Soldiers are murderers.

I know many on ATS don’t care for US or US Military but today is a US holiday to celebrate the sacrifices of many who came before us. There is a time and a place for everything. Regardless what YOU think about who has called the shots in the US or whether US actions in the past were justified, this thread is not the place for you to spout your venom. The content of your posts in this thread, though many agree, are reminiscent of the action of the Westboro Baptist nuts.

Just my $.02.

There are other places to run your hole, ghost. Just saying!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

No, I refuse to vote because I know all politicians, like willing soldiers, are scum.

Rephrased: I refuse to vote! I’ll just sit on the sidelines while others call the shots then bitch about it on ATS. I don't actually have any answers but those I disagree with are SCUM.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I hear you. Its this that gets me.....

I do all I possibly can to stop it.

Those who say they are doing ALL, haven't done what those who have done, willingly or unwillingly before them.

I leave these words as a final thought........

I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

That says it all.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

What kind of ?

The vast majority of wars since then have been wars of expansion.

Says who ?

Their sacrifices have been to expand the military industrial complex.

Duh!
Is that what they were told ?

This "holiday" was completely manufactured by TPTB to promote their agenda.

Really ! Is this supposed to be news to me ? ZERO INFO !

Don't be dumb.

Do you really think they've been fighting wars for your freedom?

I think, it doesn't matter one damn bit, for one day a year what you think I think,
what I think I know, what I think, what you think you know, or even what I
think of your pompous post. That one day being this day. Just another day tho
for people of low character who obviously think way to high of themselves.

War is unacceptable and anyone who participates is scum. period.

I wouldn't know, I never been in one.

I know you brainwashed conservatives here won't like this, but it's the damned truth.

This would have been better off said by someones Grandmother.

Soldiers are murderers.

Just a worthless, disgusting display.

Now here's something we hope you'll really like !

edit on 27-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Do you know what it's like to be a person who doesn't support the troops? Who openly calls them murderers in country full of brainwashed people who support the military?

They are murderers. That's all.

Please start a thread on this issue. I’d love to debate it with you. There is a debate forum also.

Wars won't end as long as we support those who actually do the killings.
Soldiers will keep doing what they do if you keep saying it's ok!

Is there ever a reason to kill? Is killing EVER justified under a certain circumstance? I’d like your answer to that so I know where you’re coming from.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Memorial day is now a day is now recreation for citizens, and even more so a day for the oil giants to swim in the profits from the hiked gas prices that we all now accept as part of "memorial day weekend." Here's some more truth, supporting your troops is supporting the system...the enlisted do what their told.As ugly as these things are, until we say them and acknowledge the reality of it, there's no change.It's ok if you want to get angry with me, just keep in mind I didn't make it this way.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Generalizations, Stereotyping, all typical of those who think they "know".

A soldier can be a defender also.......but you cant sway that reasoning from someone who thinks and said EVERY Soldier is a murder.

Like the Chaplin who is in the Armed Services. Clearly, a Murderer. Or the Doctor in the Armed Services. Clearly a Murder.

The paint is clearly being applied with thick broad strokes.......at the cost of one trying to paint his version of a Soldier. All scum, remember?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Greyskull

Here's some more truth,

Translation: Here’s some more of my outlandish opinion!

You guys are so easy to pick apart…really.

Start a thread or pick a topic and debate me one on one (or 2 on 1). I will expose you!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

How can you breathe that thin air up there on your high horse?

You obviously know nothing of the military. Sure we fought in wars, you seem to forget all of the relief and humanitarian aid provided by the military.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why should I respect the troops for blindly fighting for corporate interests? Also, most troops are right wingers, whom I generally dislike. So while I mourn the people that die needlessly, you're not gonna get any head bowing or war apologizing from me today. Sorry.

I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole, but I strongly believe in peace.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Who put them there? Who put the politicians into office who are incapable of finding any other solution to a problem?

Scum? Murderers? Save some of that hate for yourself, sirrah. 'Cause we're all part of the problem. Not just the soldiers.

I guess the Nazis were just following orders too?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

How can you breathe that thin air up there on your high horse?

You obviously know nothing of the military. Sure we fought in wars, you seem to forget all of the relief and humanitarian aid provided by the military.

If you mean neo-colonization then yes.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out... and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel.... And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man" - with his mouth. ~Mark Twain

That's not true. Let's not angelify animals. Chimps go to war. Dolphins kill porpoises for fun. Humans aren't uniquely bad in the animal kingdom.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I know many on ATS don’t care for US or US Military but today is a US holiday to celebrate the sacrifices of many who came before us.

While I agree that ghost should probably not have said that, because this is an international forum, i think it is a bit rich to expect others to not comment. However, there are respectful ways of doing this.

That said, I think it is appropriate to remember the soldiers and civilians of all sides who have died pursuing their beliefs, rightly or wrongly. I may not agree with them all, but I can respect their decision even if I do not understand it.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

While I agree that ghost should probably not have said that, because this is an international forum, i think it is a bit rich to expect others to not comment. However, there are respectful ways of doing this.

That said, I think it is appropriate to remember the soldiers and civilians of all sides who have died pursuing their beliefs, rightly or wrongly. I may not agree with them all, but I can respect their decision even if I do not understand it.

….and that’s how it’s done!

Well said! Too bad everyone doesn’t have your tact.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The vast majority of wars since then have been wars of expansion. Their sacrifices have been to expand the military industrial complex. This "holiday" was completely manufactured by TPTB to promote their agenda. Don't be dumb. Do you really think they've been fighting wars for your freedom? War is unacceptable and anyone who participates is scum. period. I know you brainwashed conservatives here won't like this, but it's the damned truth. Soldiers are murderers.

The vast majority of wars oh say like the revolutionary war, the civil war, ww1,ww2,korean,vietnam. even Iraq, and afghanistan were wars to stop expansion.

Be it fascism,communism, or islamofascism their sacrifices are exactly why we can sit here, and exercise that 'right to free speech'.

The infamous military industrial complex mantra said by one of those 'murders' of course Eisenhower was a hypocrite which anyone can see if they read the whole speech.

As the ops point was soldiers don't start wars those elected leaders do so how does 'TPTB' manufacture wars for over 200 years?

Oh yeah just, and excuse because some would denigrate those who don't make policy whether or not people like the fact this nation was made with a gun, maintained with a gun, and defended with a gun will always be that past, present, and future as long as this nation exists.

If war is so 'unacceptable' then why has mankind been fighting them for the past what 10,000 years?
edit on 27-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The vast majority of wars since then have been wars of expansion. Their sacrifices have been to expand the military industrial complex. This "holiday" was completely manufactured by TPTB to promote their agenda. Don't be dumb. Do you really think they've been fighting wars for your freedom? War is unacceptable and anyone who participates is scum. period. I know you brainwashed conservatives here won't like this, but it's the damned truth. Soldiers are murderers.

The vast majority of wars oh say like the revolutionary war, the civil war, ww1,ww2,korean,vietnam. even Iraq, and afghanistan were wars to stop expansion.

Being it fascism,communism, or islamofascism their sacrifices are exactly why we can sit here, and exercise that 'right to free speech'.

The infamous military industrial complex mantra said by one of those 'murders' of course Eisenhower was a hyocrite which anyone can see if they read the whole speech.

As the ops point was soldiers don't start wars those elected leaders do so how does 'TPTB' manufacture wars for over 200 years?

Oh yeah just, and excuse because some would denigrate those who don't make policy whether or not people like the fact this nation was made with a gun, maintained with a gun, and defended with a gun will always be that past, present, and future as long as this nation exists.

If war is so 'unacceptable' then why has mankind been fighting them for the past what 10,000 years?

Gimme a break. What did the Iraq, Vietnam or Afghanistan wars accomplish aside from converting people into worm food?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

People have also been abusing animals and molesting children for 10,000 years. What's your point? Nature has a cruel side and humans are part of nature.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Gimme a break. What did the Iraq, Vietnam or Afghanistan wars accomplish aside from converting people into worm food?

Give the military haters something to talk about for the last decade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join