It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Life EXIST Everywhere in the Universe - Common sense says so!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Wasn't sure where to post this thread, so I just decided it must be a philosophy that I have that I am going to present; though it could be a conspiracy. I guess it depends how you perceive it.

We have been taught many things throughout our life time; in school, religion, parents, etc. One of the notions has been the belief that human beings are the most logical example of life forms and that our atmosphere is the only type of condition that life can exist in.

We search the Universe looking for Earth like conditions to conjure these must be the only places life can exist. It is no longer a widely held belief that we are the only intelligent life, though some religions and various groups still hold on to that; mainstream science no longer does. However, they still seem to maintain the belief that for any intelligent life to exist elsewhere, it must have an atmosphere conducive to ours; but that is not even the case right here on our own planet; there are life forms that exist in places here that are completely different than we humans experience on the surface.

Now this leads to the next conundrum...who is to determine what is intelligent life? What are the characteristics that have to exist in order for us to consider something intelligent? Is the benchmark completely based on human intelligence? If so, why? Is it not possible for something to be intelligent without being specifically termed human?

Even the animals we have that exist here on this planet exhibit intelligence relevant to their own species do they not? So, why does it have to be necessary for our atmosphere to sustain intelligent life. I think we already accept the fact that "Alien" life exist elsewhere, and they are vastly different from us based on any eyewitness accounts, so they do not need an Earth life atmosphere to exist.

This brings me to the next part, There is a reason why they do not make physical contact with us in the way we desire; they are not able to function here on our planet for a very long period of time, because the atmosphere they were born in is not oxygen based, but rather some are predominately, sulfur or magnesium or any number of the 81 plus elements that make of the periodic table of life; which the entire Universe is made up of in various combinations from galaxy to galaxy.

This presents another part to the equation that has often been theorized and even supposedly proven by our DNA construct; at some point we were genetically modified for a reason; perhaps it was to allow the evolution of "Alien" DNA to give them the opportunity to exist in our atmosphere in a different molecular structure and still allow them to maintain a relationship with other "Alien" homeland civilization's, while they mined this planet for natural resources.

The ancient alien series puts forth quite a bit, some of it makes sense, some of it does not; when we see all of the entirety of the information; namely the construction of incredible architecture throughout the world; with very little indication as to how they existed or were built or why, it is not a farfetched conclusion to believe there has been a race or many races of "Aliens" that have been here since the creation of our civilization and many before us that had "SUPERMAN" like qualities due to the fact they were (like Superman was) from a different planet with a different atmosphere; they just couldn't stay here very long and survive.

This could explain why they vanish without traces or were able to build monuments the likes of which we today cannot duplicate with our technology; some of which was given to us, but limited for the sake of not giving us to much knowledge that we cannot handle. As we have already demonstrated, we are not to be trusted with to much for we have abused much of what has been given to us as it is.

My post/thread has many different aspects to it. I will conclude it this way; intelligent life is subjective and I for one believe that every single element in the periodic table has intelligence attached to it, therefore intelligent life exist everywhere in the Universe (multiple) in any number of different atmospheres. Just because they do not appear to us to be intelligent life forms does not mean they do not exist; what you have been taught is based on lack of due diligence to think outside the construct that has been brainwashed into us as a society; one with the arrogance to think only they are the the only way for intelligent life to exist.

Soul
edit on 27-5-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I have a theory that each planet is vibrating at a different frequency and when we look at it we can see nothing on them because we are vibrating at a different frequency - maybe if we stand on the planet we would vibrate at the right frequency and then things would become visible.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I have a theory that each planet is vibrating at a different frequency and when we look at it we can see nothing on them because we are vibrating at a different frequency - maybe if we stand on the planet we would vibrate at the right frequency and then things would become visible.

I was going to reply to this thread, but this answer summed up what I would have given here.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Thank you - do you have the same theory?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The way we define intelligence might vary from person to person, and the human brain is still considered one of the most mysterious things in the universe, so in the physical sense we still have a lot to learn.
But in regards to psychology, and our general understanding on cognitive abilities, within both primates and other animals, we have made great progress the last 40 years.
So even though we might not understand how an animal thinks, we are beginning to get a picture of what their cognitive limitations are compared to each other.

Humans are often used as the standard, since we do have the most understood cognitive abilities. But many animals surpass us, and some even have abilities we do not. Like chimpanzees process visual imagery much faster than humans, birds and some insects can sense magnetic fields, insects that can see UV light, and seals can sense what pattern an object have moved through the water by using it's whiskers.

My point is, that intelligence is a matter and combination of how a sentient being acquires and processes information. We process it very well, and through language we have become master in acquiring and sharing information. But compared to other animals, we are often limited in our immediate perception of the natural world. Which we then try to compensate by inventing various technology.

In regards to aliens. Yes it makes sense to think there is other living beings in the universe, and just by being alive they would be considered to have some sort of intelligence. Unless of cause it's a fungi or a plant, which I doubt is considered to have any. Anyway - the interesting question is what kind of intelligence is out there - and I believe it is to early to answer that question.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Nasa, government, science, and even some religions believe that there is life out there. The Drake equation even proves that there is a great chance of a lot more Earth's out in the universe. Not planets like Earth, but an actually Earth.

For those of you that do not know about the Drake equation, I suggest doing some research on it. It is pretty interesting.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree
our atmosphere is the only type of condition that life can exist in.

Says who?

We search the Universe looking for Earth like conditions to conjure these must be the only places life can exist. It is no longer a widely held belief that we are the only intelligent life, though some religions and various groups still hold on to that; mainstream science no longer does.

Believing this or that has no place in science.

However, they still seem to maintain the belief that for any intelligent life to exist elsewhere, it must have an atmosphere conducive to ours; but that is not even the case right here on our own planet; there are life forms that exist in places here that are completely different than we humans experience on the surface.

Maybe this is your misinterpretation?

Now this leads to the next conundrum...who is to determine what is intelligent life?

Someone who is intelligent enough?

What are the characteristics that have to exist in order for us to consider something intelligent?

Memory, logic, the ability to learn?

Is the benchmark completely based on human intelligence?

No.

If so, why?

Is it not possible for something to be intelligent without being specifically termed human?

It is. Believe it or not, we have a lot of intelligent creatures on this planet. Did you really miss them?

Even the animals we have that exist here on this planet exhibit intelligence relevant to their own species do they not?

Bingo.

So, why does it have to be necessary for our atmosphere to sustain intelligent life.

Nothing is necessary for our atmosphere?

I think we already accept the fact that "Alien" life exist elsewhere,

There is no such fact. So no, we do not.

and they are vastly different from us based on any eyewitness accounts,

Eye witnesses? What?

so they do not need an Earth life atmosphere to exist.

could you tell me what kind of atmosphere these non-existing creatures normally live in?
Our animals also look vastly different. So they do not need our atmosphere either?
Please explain.

This brings me to the next part, There is a reason why they do not make physical contact with us in the way we desire; they are not able to function here on our planet for a very long period of time, because the atmosphere they were born in is not oxygen based [..more guesses..]

Or could it be because there are no such things on our planet?

This presents another part to the equation that has often been theorized and even supposedly proven by our DNA construct; at some point we were genetically modified for a reason; perhaps it was to allow the evolution of "Alien" DNA ...[..]

Often theorized? Really? By whom?

The ancient alien series puts forth quite a bit, some of it makes sense, some of it does not; when we see all of the entirety of the information; namely the construction of incredible architecture throughout the world; with very little indication as to how they existed or were built or why, it is not a farfetched conclusion to believe there has been a race or many races of "Aliens" that have been here since the creation of our civilization and many before us that had "SUPERMAN" like qualities due to the fact they were (like Superman was) from a different planet with a different atmosphere; they just couldn't stay here very long and survive.

So they were not intelligent? Somekind of idiots?
They managed to get here, but built ancient buildings out of rock, and couldn't figure out how to survive? Even we know how to do it. It is just too expensive.
Or.. the alien-stories could all be nonsense.

This could explain why they vanish without traces

hmm.. or tells why they didn't exist?

or were able to build monuments the likes of which we today cannot duplicate with our technology;

Yes we can. But we lack slaves and have better things to do.

My post/thread has many different aspects to it.

Indeed, but is an obvious red thread that ties it all together.

I will conclude it this way; intelligent life is subjective and I for one believe that every single element in the periodic table has intelligence attached to it, therefore intelligent life exist everywhere in the Universe

What happened to science, and why do you prefer guessing?
edit on 27-5-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Humans think they are the top of the tree - the end result of a clumsy process called evolution. Well, I watched a programme about insects and they look far more advanced in their make up than the human species.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The arrogance I spoke of has indeed rared it's ugly head in my thread. Congratulations on your well thought out responses.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I would appreciate it, if you would try to explain, why you think, that people who disagree with you, are arrogant? - rather than just insulting people.

I find it annoying, that whenever some goofball like you, has some juvenile fantasy of spacemen, and is challenged on their obvious misconceptions, they just start calling people names. Geez..

Explain yourself or be silent.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I like it! I once saw a clip of Physicist Brian Cox explaining how every electron in the entire universe vibrates at a different frequency than every other electron (or something like that). Though this is a bit hard to swallow for me, I have to yield to his superior knowledge. So, can beings, or at least tiny living organisms exist all around us in a different frequency that we can't see? I can't say yes, but I can ask why not?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I like it! I once saw a clip of Physicist Brian Cox explaining how every electron in the entire universe vibrates at a different frequency than every other electron (or something like that). Though this is a bit hard to swallow for me, I have to yield to his superior knowledge. So, can beings, or at least tiny living organisms exist all around us in a different frequency that we can't see? I can't say yes, but I can ask why not?

I saw a programme once where Brian Cox had a very large diamond and he said that when he rubs it - it makes every atom in the universe move. He said that every atom in the universe had to move because the atoms in the diamond were moving. So are you moving independently or are you moving because every atom has to move because they all move at once? As Brian Cox rubbed the diamond my finger picked my nose - could I say that I chose to do it? If I did not believe Brian Cox then I would argue that I did choose to do it.
But as Brian Cox states - 'there is nothing woo woo about it'.
edit on 27-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I dont think we really have to jump off the vibrational/ ancient alien deep end to have some faith that it is likely that intelligent life is fairly common. Couldn't it be more likely that the sheer size of the universe and the simple difficulties of communication make it all appear so sparse?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Humans think they are the top of the tree - the end result of a clumsy process called evolution. Well, I watched a programme about insects and they look far more advanced in their make up than the human species.

If they are, then I wonder how their documentaries about us portray our intelligence?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

If they are, then I wonder how their documentaries about us portray our intelligence?

They probably can't stop laughing long enough to make one. You never see insects copying human behaviour. Humans on the other hand get inspiration from nature, they look to nature to design new technology.
edit on 27-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Intelligent Life EXIST Everywhere in the Universe - Common sense says so!

Then why don't they appear to the common senses? Common sense is the use of the common senses. Common sense does not say so.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I saw a programme once where Brian Cox had a very large diamond and he said that when he rubs it - it makes every atom in the universe move. He said that every atom in the universe had to move because the atoms in the diamond were moving. So are you moving independently or are you moving because every atom has to move because they all move at once? As Brian Cox rubbed the diamond my finger picked my nose - could I say that I chose to do it? If I did not believe Brian Cox then I would argue that I did choose to do it. But as Brian Cox states - 'there is nothing woo woo about it'.

That's the one I saw. Picked your nose? hey, I'm eating here!

Seriously, do you have any reservations on the every atom in the universe moving statement?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Nasa, government, science, and even some religions believe that there is life out there. The Drake equation even proves that there is a great chance of a lot more Earth's out in the universe. Not planets like Earth, but an actually Earth.

For those of you that do not know about the Drake equation, I suggest doing some research on it. It is pretty interesting.

The Drake equation doesn't really prove anything, simply because we only know of one planet with intelligent life, (Earth) one planet with life (Earth) and one habitable planet (Earth). I don't think the Drake equation will really begin to be anything other than educated guesswork until we discover a lot more planets–at the moment, we really do not have a large enough sample to make accurate guesses, at least in my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

The counter (actually predecessor, but it's still a counter) to the Drake Equation is the Fermi Paradox, which asks, essentially, "Where is everybody?"

The Drake Equation, depending on how one sets it up, most definitely shows that it is likely that there are other civilizations in the universe, but that presents a problem -- a minor change in evolutionary processes would have resulted in civilizations having millions, perhaps billions of years' "head start" on us, and they would have completely colonized (and, possibly, "used up") the galaxy before there was even life on earth. And yet, apart from a few largely fringe things claimed as proof of "ancient astronauts", there is absolutely no evidence of any other civilizations in the universe.

That's why it's a paradox -- mathematically, there should be loads of evidence of alien civilizations, but practically, there is none. SETI, while a noble endeavour, has bolstered the notion that we're alone out here, at least as regards a civilization sufficiently advanced to have radio communication. There are other explanations, of course, but the simplest one is that, common sense aside, it is likely that intelligent life does not exist elsewhere in the universe, at least at this time.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I believe they do exist somewhere.

When I see Orion's Belt, I have a habit (like an urge) to extend my hand to reach it.
I dunno why. Sometimes It makes me wonder whether I lived my past lives somewhere there.
edit on 28-5-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

top topics

join