It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on the US Capitol?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Akragon

Interesting, but I can't talk now. I'm watching Olympus Has Fallen. It's about the White house being attacked and...!

was it good? I wanna see it

Intense. Great fighting in it.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Not all Hollywood...the Tom Clancy book had the Japanese airliner crashing into the capital, killing all the US leadership except the main character...long before 911.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Maybe you should stop and think before posting. Movies are just movies nothing more. What do you think Hollywood was telling the world with monsters inc.?

See you people seem to cherry pick movies that fit into your delusional way of thinking.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
nevermind thought I was onto something looked into it more.
edit on 27-5-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by voynichman
Well there are rumors on the net that beneath The Denver Airport the U.S. government can be run from there. Just look at all the chaos in the world and all the countries scrambling for resources especially energy, food and shelter.

In our country many with degrees from colleges are out of work not from a lack of trying to find one in their field. There is just to much a supply of people with what employers are looking for. As for all this Hollyweird stuff about our government crumbling it could be coming from the fall out of 2008 with the collusion of the Corps, FEDS and Wall street creating a devaluation of the dollar so that the United Nations can step in with a New World Order.

I have a beachfront property in Switzerland for sale, and you look like the perfect customer.
No offense, but you come off as very condescending and if you don't understand what this poster is conveying, maybe you're not as savvy as you think you are. Truth is stranger than fiction, believe that. Maybe you should keep your Swiss beachfront property.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by Akragon
My theory is the fear agenda... That being these movies place a sub conscious fear in ones mind that "it could happen"... And the government uses that fear to promote the idea that the public need their protection

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Firstly, if the government wanted to place subconscious fear in people's minds, it would use subtle methods not obvious ones. It sure as hell would not use Hollywood, and it would not produce movies showing (a) the government brought to its knees by terrorists/nationalists/whatever, and (b) the government subsequently rescued by non-government personnel!

Secondly, just look at the message this would send: 'Any old terrorist can destroy the White House, and the government is not only powerless to prevent it but totally reliant on non-government forces to help.' How the hell is that going to promote the idea that the public need government protection?

Anyway, considering that most of the people here at ATS seem to exist in a constant state of fear and maniacal paranoia, I honestly don't see why the government needs to do anything at all. You're already doing it to yourselves.
There you go with that attitude again. TPTB wouldn't use Hollywood?? You have no clue as to what you're talking about. You continuously talk down to people here, like you actually know what's going on. You may know Australia, but you know nothing of the tactics of the U.S. gov.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
for those that think the movies are just entertainmnet (i just saw olympus has fallen... a few good lines about the internal betrayals and the invadors motives...)
please review Chris Carters first episode in the Lone Gunmen. to summarize. it outlines the core of what actually happened to the WTC 4 months later.
Unless of course you think the guy in the cave in a Ganistan done it. then it makes no sense.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well the Capital has been attacked before you know, in fact the President had to run fleeing from the encroaching army in the middle of the night by jumping out of a window so perhaps they are reliving the past.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The title is a question. So I guess the poster is not sure about what he posted. So I don't want to read.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Jeeze Hope are you talking about when the Canucks came down and burned the White House?
Thats ancient history...and we already told you we got into some bad Newfoundland screech that weekend.....
and everybody knowd what that can do to you........

The themes of hollywood certainly have presaged much of what has then come to pass in later years.....
Perhaps this is because they ply their craft to echo the current mindset of the public.....
But i rather have come to the tentative conclusion much of what hollywood is producing is straight up mind control......subtle, perhaps, but to those who have an interest in such things its getting obvious that hollywood is more a tool of social engineering, and public acceptance of agendas yet to be brought forward.

There is only five large corporations in control of ALL the US media.
The possibilities are enormous for the unscrupulous and the power mad.think about it.............
It is my opinion that if theres a method then somebody will use it for their own benefit....
If theres collusion at the top (which there seems to be) then we are being manipulated constantly by
all kinds of forces.

edit on 27-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I see it as a form of indoctrination.

The filthy, freedom-hating, terrorist-loving, anti-American bad guy (who is never white) gets all his super evil-terrorist friends and they attack the peaceful, elongated, sophisticated, and democratic Murica in which they are soft-spoken and intelligent but are G.I. Rambo against them Commies (or terrorists).

It's putting into kids' head that America are the good guys, and literally everyone else is the bad guy and it's up to us to stop them before they stop us.

You know, inspiring kids on the American Dream so when they're old enough they can write their name down on a piece of paper and go be trained to be a soldier and a hero.

That's how I see it at least.

EDIT: Some posters on here seriously need to get off of their computer. You have a right to your opinion, not a right to your facts. The superiority complex of some posters, take a break man.
edit on 27-5-2013 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Studios and companies are in competition with each other. They are there to make money. They hire companies to look at future trends and make assessments about what kind of subject might be popular at the time of release for a new summer blockbuster, and they work to meet that expectation. The thing is, this feeds itself and goes around in a loop.

Say one major studio gives the green light on a zombie flick like World War Z and then on a movie like Red Dawn too. Another studio in competition with them knows that the zombie craze is just about over, and they know that Red Dawn is likely to be a massive money maker because of the people involved in it and the story. So they pick out a similar themed movie and run with that, hoping that someone who just watched a great action film with their country under attack will then want to go and see another like it.

This is nothing more than competition and people in Hollywood studios trying to cash in on a predicted trend.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

The filthy, freedom-hating, terrorist-loving, anti-American bad guy (who is never white) gets all his super evil-terrorist friends and they attack the peaceful, elongated, sophisticated, and democratic Murica in which they are soft-spoken and intelligent but are G.I. Rambo against them Commies (or terrorists).

It's putting into kids' head that America are the good guys, and literally everyone else is the bad guy and it's up to us to stop them before they stop us.

You know, inspiring kids on the American Dream so when they're old enough they can write their name down on a piece of paper and go be trained to be a soldier and a hero.

EDIT: Some posters on here seriously need to get off of their computer. You have a right to your opinion, not a right to your facts. The superiority complex of some posters, take a break man.

How did you see 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow?
How did you see Deep Impact and Armageddon?
How did you see any of the other flavor of the season pairs of movie that Hollywood puts out.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

According to my father, he says that they are trying to create this event so that it will happen. He also said the M&N commercials’ and the pop tart commercials will teach the younger generation how to eat each other in the up and coming future. He told me to prepare for the next mind wave of Manchurian candidates. What it means I have no idea, im to young, but it sounds important.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow, interesting responses to this thread. OP, yes we've noted it to at my house. It's in movies, tv shows and video games. Now as people have already brought up movies like Deep Impact and the almost always perennial scene of the White House getting utterly obliterated by some external force, there is actually a pretty huge difference between what is being produced right now and those movies. Those other movies have been (generally except in the case of things like Resident Evil) natural events that basically destabilize things. What we've got now are movies, tv shows, and video games where originating event has already happened and now it's about routine and daily survival in a world filled with social decay. Aka heavy dystopian alternate future themes with a tendency of portraying the methodology of destruction as being internal. World War Z--more like your typical zombie apocalypse movie that is the "day 1" theme. Contrast it with The Walking Dead where the bulk of the story is the day to day survival long after the "day 1" event. And that's for the zombie genre.

Dystopian world themes where the government has collapsed that focus on survival in the "new" reality are really very prevalent right now and many of them have humans instigating the collapse as opposed to an asteroid. Here's a few that come to mind on this dystopian future theme of collapse where the most common theme is the wealthy elite v. the poor and where lawlessness rules the day.

Movies:
White House Down: youtu.be...
Elysium: youtu.be...
Assault on Wall Street: youtu.be...
Hunger Games: youtu.be...
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: youtu.be...
The Dark Knight Rises: youtu.be...
God Bless America (where social critique is on steroids): youtu.be...
*Edit: Almost forgot. New version of Total Recall had governmental overthrow with huge disparity between the classes that I don't recall as being in the original version.

Video games:
Rainbow Six: Patriots: youtu.be...
Pay Day 2: youtu.be...
Assassin's Creed 3(* note, I believe this one was removed by Ubisoft after complaints by the UK): youtu.be...
Call of Duty: Ghosts (no word on who the "enemy" is but dystopian future heavy): youtu.be...

TV does their own dystopian takes without the heavy politics/social critiques in shows like The Walking Dead, Revolution, and Falling Skies. Person of Interest has a really interesting take on surveillance with vigilante behavior but that's about as political as it gets. Watered down version really.

Is it a conspiracy? No, I don't think so. Ever since the Financial Crisis of 2007/8 and as more and more reports have been coming out about scandals and whatnot, there's been an increase in discussion of certain subject matters that I'm not going to outline. Hollywood and game designers both have a very vested interest in ascertaining and developing shows and games that engage what their market is interested in, are talking about, or are their worst fears as they know that it will sell. Apparently, the dystopian, social decay, and lawlessness against that which "ills" society are all the rage.

edit on 27/5/13 by WhiteAlice because: forgot one

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

How did you see any of the other flavor of the season pairs of movie that Hollywood puts out.

Are you supposed to be making a point?

OP asked a question about a movie where the US is attacked and it's new trend in Hollywood so I offered my opinion as to the "why." I didn't mention anything about Hollywood, OP did. I mentioned that I view movies where Murica always save the day from the bad guys is indoctrinating kids and young adults alike to seek that "soldier hero" type status.

Just asking because your response confused me lol.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

there are cracks in the matrix, stirling.
cracks. if you know where to look

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Are you supposed to be making a point?

OP asked a question about a movie where the US is attacked and it's new trend in Hollywood so I offered my opinion as to the "why." I didn't mention anything about Hollywood, OP did. I mentioned that I view movies where Murica always save the day from the bad guys is indoctrinating kids and young adults alike to seek that "soldier hero" type status.

Just asking because your response confused me lol.

Really , its cool that you use Murica

Yup I am making point..
People ignoring the fact that this is what Hollywood does in the spring\summer..
Mindless and implausible films that usually come in pairs and usually the same year. They pretty much rely on people to shut off their brains and just show up for the eye candy. So I brought up how Deep Impact and Armageddon came out the same year because that was the disaster flavor of the month..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join