It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope, Bitcoin, and Satoshi Nakamoto as the Cyber-Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Max Keiser has called Satoshi Nakamoto the “Cyber-Christ” for having invented Bitcoin... This is from an Alex Jones radio interview:

Alex Jones: Did you just say that Bitcoin is the “Cyber Christ?”

Max Keiser: Satoshi Nakamoto is the name of the developer who released Bitcoin in 2009. I call them the “Cyber Christ” because he, potentially, is so much of a game change at this point. It’s such a quantum leap away from the Federal Reserve system that is killing economies around the world, the we are going to have a massive, global, coming-to, an understanding, a revelation, that finally we’re going to escape the nightmare that is the central bank system.

In a recent 10-minute scripted speech to new ambassadors, the new Pope highlighted the root causes of today’s economic and social troubles, pointing to policies and actions that stem from a “gravely deficient human perspective, which reduces man to one of his needs alone, namely, consumption.... " He added, "We have begun this culture of disposal,” he said, where “human beings themselves are nowadays considered as consumer goods which can be used and thrown away.”

The Pope also said that a major reason behind the increase in social and economic woes worldwide “is in our relationship with money and our acceptance of its power over ourselves and our society.” He also said, “We have created new idols” where the “golden calf of old has found a new and heartless image in the cult of money and the dictatorship of an economy which is faceless and lacking any truly humane goal.”

I agree, but I doubt the Pope has ever heard of Bitcoin.... or given much thought to such emerging technologies, much less their potential to liberate the oppressed. But the Pope did call for the end to the “cult of money” and the tyranny it produces. I find this ironic.

On a different thread, here on ATS, one person replied with the following:

Centralized financial systems already denied the right of control to national states (look what the troika did to greece for example) and deposed the people as the highest political body of our nations via lobbyism/banking corruption. This idea that countries should impose more control over their economies and not allow “absolute autonomy” is flawed.

Giving more control to national states won’t help, since they are already corrupted by the debt-based money system that they depend on for power, and indeed, are themselves products of.

The only way out is to give the political power back to the people by limiting the power of said centralized political and economic systems. The Vatican council proposes a global financial authority, when what is really needed is exactly the opposite.

I agree. Decentralize everything, and start with money.
Is this possible? Yes! Technology has made it possible.

The centralized financial systems may not like it but thanks
to Satoshi Nakamoto we now have a peer-to-peer system
for digital wealth/property conveyance that works.

The Pope may speak against the “cult of money” but his Office is as much a symbol of this Money Cult as the golden calf was a symbol of the fertility cults that flourished 4000 years ago. The golden calf is the symbol of the Age of Taurus and points back to very matriarchal and feminine age in which humanity began to master agriculture and survival needs. In contrast, the image of the Pope on his thrown is a symbol of the money cult and their hierarchical false authority over mankind.
unspy.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm a crypto miner.

It's a great hobby. And bitcoin rates are still quite nice.

If you're smart about it, you can make quite a lot of real cash - which defeats the purpose of it ultimately, the idea is to use alternative currency, not cash it in for real dollars.

I can't mine btc as the hardware requirements are just stupid. So I go for alt-coin scrypt based coins.

www.feathercoin.com...

A very good info page.

BUT cyber christ? The guy is most probably a fiction. lol. So .. actually.. oO Hail Satoshi!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Unlike traditional currency, bitcoins are not issued by a government or even a private company. Instead, the currency is run by computer code that distributes new bitcoins at a set rate to people who devote web servers to keep the code running. Before bitcoin it was precious metal that provided the “anchoring” for fiat currencies and held inflation in check. Now the same principle of sound money that used gold and silver to chain down the mischief of governments is the fundamental operating principle employed in the bitcoin code.

Simply stated, bitcoin is electronic cash that is not subject to the false authority of government and therefore, like pure gold or silver, it will NEVER lose it’s value due to inflation. In short, Bitcoin is the 21st century alternative to the Internationale Banking Oligarch which dominated the 20th century, and it will change the world in ways we are only now beginning to understand.

To many people, this sounds like an implausibly rosy future, and for early adopters that is true — it feels like winning the lottery every day. However, for most other people, the ascendancy of distributed currency systems will feel like a disaster. … the rise of distributed currencies such as bitcoin could create massive social upheaval due to governments’ rapidly degrading capability to fulfill their core functions of taxation and regulation of commerce.

lifeboat.com...

As the article quoted above points out, Bitcoin is a very disruptive technology. In the past, the big pools of capital could influence governments of the world with debt, thus controlling people from the top down. However, what we are seeing emerge now is a bottom-up revolution where the individuals are reclaiming their sovereignty, and rejecting all false authority.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

I can't mine btc as the hardware requirements are just stupid.
So I go for alt-coin scrypt based coins.

Here is a good article on FeatherCoin:

So far, feathercoin is doing well. At the time of writing, 5.5 million feathercoins had been created. Mining pools have already been created, and the cryptocurrency is gaining value over litecoin. Its difficulty has also increased quickly (difficulty reflects how much computing effort is needed to find a new block for a given coin), and continues to increase with the number of people mining the coin. Feathercoins took one week to reach the same level of mining difficulty that litecoin reached in a year. “To see feathercoin get to the difficulty level that litecoin took a year to get to, in a matter of weeks, is amazing,” said VanHazinga.

www.coindesk.com...

However, if you read the comment on that same article, you get the feeling most Bitcoin enthusiast/miners really don't like FeatherCoin and think it is only a "flash-in-the-pan" .... Here is one example:

The only difference between FeatherCoin and LiteCoin is the number of available coins. This is not an improvement... It's a gimmick... Chances are this coin has been premined and the owners plan on cheating the system like so many other altcoins. LiteCoin and BitCoin have a proven reputation. There's no need for a second 'silver' coin, it is doing well now, but for how long? Forking the source code and changing one feature is hardly considered revolutionary.

Personally, I think FeatherCoin can take their success and run with it by adding ZeroCoin [sco.lt...] to their blockchain. If they did this, those who claim FTC is a gimmick would no longer have ground to stand on. Mover, it might even have the potential to overtake BitCoin in popularity... or at least distinguish itself as the first completely 100% autonomous crypto-currency on the market.

Find more articles on Feathercoin here: www.scoop.it...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you think that comming up with new ideas for currency methodology qualifies a person to be shortlisted for the Cyber Christ award... well, lets just say theres no way some nerd that came up with a way to pay for crap without actually interacting with a bank in any meaningful way, does NOT cut the mustard.

Now, a bloke who shows up and burns all national governments intelligence systems attached to the web, globally, at once, sends feedback through every wire that leads to a peados house, launching high velocity bits of screen through thier heads at ballistic speeds, while unlocking every single classified piece of information on the web... THAT would be the Cyber Christ, and if he was here, we would know all about that !
edit on 30-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: Spelling and grammar alterations.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

He's not the antichrist.

The "reincarnated" annunaki-human hybrid pretending to be muhammad/yeshua/the buddah reborn is the antichrist IMO.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

I am firmly convinced that the entire Silk Road raid and shutdown by various "law enforcement" authorities was, if not primarily, then secondarily an excuse to try and stomp the bejesus out of Bitcoin - both directly and in the minds of the masses. The fact that Bitcoins have continued to soar in value since the raid probably has more than a few people gnashing their teeth.

To semi-plagiarize myself from another post: Imagine - a democratic, non debt-based, non precious metals based currency that is beholden to no country or borders, no Fed board of governors, no global bankers, etc and you get a sense of why some very powerful people & governments are very afraid of where this may lead.

We all need to watch this space as there is clearly more to come in this drama...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

wasaka
I think FeatherCoin can take their success and run with it by adding ZeroCoin [sco.lt...] to their blockchain. If they did this, those who claim FTC is a gimmick would no longer have ground to stand on. Mover, it might even have the potential to overtake BitCoin in popularity... or at least distinguish itself as the first completely 100% autonomous crypto-currency on the market.

Find more articles on Feathercoin here: www.scoop.it...

Now it looks like ZeroCoin will become its own alt-coin.
If that happens, I expect its price to soar quickly.

New Alt-ZeroCoin Faster, More Private

new topics

top topics

join